Size doesn't matter
  • Smaller games generally, big games are often padded to fuck bar Elden ring or botw
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    BotW felt like 98% padding to me.
  • Weird that Andy's AC clock stopped ticking at 1075hrs. I did notice actually, because I'm nosey. It's not like it's hit a ceiling for totting it up either, I've seen people with over 2000hrs logged.
  • I prefer a nice tight 8 hour single player campaign, linear in nature of possible.

It's for this reason that I just adore the ps one MGS as I can finish that in a single afternoon (well could... Not anymore THANK YOU CHILDREN)

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I get a ridiculous amount of time to play games tbh. Far more than I actually spend gaming. 2hr commute every week day (each way) means plenty of Switch or reading time. Plus my daughter still goes to bed relatively early and I don't watch a lot films/TV shows these days. Two or three films a month maybe? A series every now and then if something takes my fancy. When most people are settling down to watch [season seven of a Marvel show] I'm usually chipping away at a random indie game on Switch while the wife watches whatever crap she's watching on the TV.

I could play long games, I just tend to get bored with them quickly. I find playing thirty 3hr games far more rewarding than one 90hr epic (or 90hrs of Dicey Dungeons or whatever). All-you-can-eat budget tapas gaming ftw.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I wonder is that a product of age. I find the same tbh, would much rather a short game or an indie/rogue - I'm 80 hours into Elden Ring and I only beat three of four bosses... Back when I was in my 20s and able to get up and play huge chunks this would excite me but these days it's just annoying. 

My jam is Roguelikes or Looters/ARPG's these days. Funnily enough for genres I thought were hugely time consuming (MMOs, ARPG's, Looters ect) they are actually much more capable of letting me enjoy a game for 30 minutes here and there.

I mean is there really any fucking point in booting up something like Elden Ring with 30 spare minutes?
  • Exactly. I don’t start up my console for that reason. Son was asking me over the weekend “are you going to play God of War tonight”. I didn’t as I only had an hour or so for play. And games like that need more time each sitting otherwise what’s the point.

So I read a chapter of a book. Felt like a much more productive 30 minutes or so.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!