Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
  • Feels like some stuff was removed. The classic headlines, diaries, and VHS tapes. Expected to be able to read/watch them.

Arcade Mode should have a suspend feature between levels. Not a full save that you can keep reloading, just a suspend.

If they add DLC, it'd be nice to get the Punk Frogs as playable characters. So many of the villains from the '87 cartoon were just humans though, so not sure who else they could add. Lord Dregg from the later series maybe.
  • A single level select with score challenges would be good. And maybe they can stick in a 6-player versus mode for maximum chaos.
  • Just read an update has came out on Switch so I guess it won't be long for the other formats.
  • Big update on this. Bug fixes, custom modes, they've limited the broken taunt system (you can only use it to fill up one special), lots of rebalancing and invulnerability during throws. 
    There's still going to be issues with it. The vehicle levels are fucked imo and the bosses are poor. It's never going to be all it could have been. But I fancy a replay at some point. I've only ever done one playthrough.
  • Meh. I’m done with it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Meh. I’m done with it.

This unfortunately.
    I exploited the taint system because the other systems were a bit dull.

SoR4 remains king.
  • I always used to draw a little tail on my Turtles where the taint should be.
  • The frustrations with some of it meant building up the specials with taints was a completely valid way to stop it sucking quite as hard.

So it remains to be seen whether they’ve done enough with the rest of the game that the whole package is an improvement.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I always used to draw a little tail on my Turtles where the taint should be.

Hahaha
  • I think I'm in the minority on here, especially as time goes on, but I thought it was a cracking game. It lacks longevity but all I really need from most scrolling beat 'em ups is to be good as and when I'm in a room with other people who enjoy the genre. It's miles better than the 16-bit games, and I still enjoy both of those on occasion. Definitely a top tier belt scroller for me, the fact that it's a bit weak solo is almost irrelevant.
  • They got the nostalgia absolutely bang on, I'll give them that.
  • I thought it was great fun, and there are some smart tweaks to the move set of the typical scrolling beat 'em up that make it feel unique - mainly the ability to cross the screen almost instantly thanks to the charging attacks, which makes it much quicker that other games.

It definitely lacks depth and replay value, and is inferior to SoR4 in that respect, but I like that it offers a different experience that suits the characters, rather than serving up another SoR.
  • Not having invul on throws was removing such a huge staple of the genre, and it impacted how you played, as having supers stocked was the best way to avoid damage.

The combo system was good, but yeah the vehicle levels were poor, and bosses were still using the old arcade template, with them being able to break out of combos with invulnerable moves.

Will try it again now it's updated, but SoR4 is just far better.
  • Been playing this again the last few days on the new patch.

Not being able to spam Taunt after every fight to get full stocks of Supers is a big improvement, as is how throws work now.

The final boss seems way faster and more aggressive now too.

The customisation options for Arcade Mode are the real big changes. Lots of things that can be toggled on or off like Supers taking health instead of a power bar, like old beat'em ups.

No revives in multiplayer.

More aggressive enemies.

Enemies explode after dying so you need to get out of the way.

There's also some options that will make it easier too, so fun for everyone.

What's not fun for everyone was my daughter playing on my account and starting a new game, but choosing the option to reset progress.

All characters back to Level 0 and Casey not unlocked.
  • Apparently it's available on Netflix now too. Not sure how it would play on a mobile though.

• What's not fun for everyone was my daughter playing on my account and starting a new game, but choosing the option to reset progress.

Ouch.
  • JonB wrote:
    Apparently it's available on Netflix now too. Not sure how it would play on a mobile though.

Plays just fine! Also plays nicely with Bluetooth controllers or Razer Kishi
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!