2. Spider-verse
    3. No way home
    4. Spider-Man 1
    5. Homecoming 
    6. Far from home
    7. Amazing Spider-Man 2  
    8. Amazing Spider-Man 1
    9. Spider-Man 3

I'll allow a re-arrangement of the top three but no new inclusions. 1-3 are great. 4-6 are ok. 7-9 are pretty bad, going on terrible.
  • I still remember people in the cinema howling with laughter at dancing Peter while I was sitting there seething with rage.
  • I agree with Spiderman 3 at the bottom of that list and I agree with Spider-Verse and No Way Home RIGHT AT THE TOP. I'd rejig the middle a little as I loved the Amazing Spider-Man films, really rate Garfield's Spiderman.
    Think my list would be:
    1- No Way Home
    2- Into The Spider-Verse
    3- Homecoming
    4- Amazing Spider-Man 2
    5- Spider-Man 2
    6- Far From Home
    7- Amazing Spider Man
    8- Spider-Man
    9- Spider-Man 3.

The word Spider has lost all meaning now
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The word Spider has lost all meaning now
    Lol yeah same when I was writing my list. Looks all wrong.
  • Well... Me and the boy absolutely loved this.

To be honest, when everyone groaned 4-5 years ago about ANOTHER Spiderman reboot with Marvel, I would never have anticipated a film like anywhere like this. It was an absolute joy to watch, particularly the spidey bants... I bet Maguire and Garfield absolutely loved doing this.

Some moments hit me right in the feels, and the ending was perfect really. I'm not thinking about plot holes (wtf was up with Dr Strange throughout lol) but just enjoyed the ride for what it was... Spiderman has always been my favourite and this was awesome sauce.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Well... Me and the boy absolutely loved this.

To be honest, when everyone groaned 4-5 years ago about ANOTHER Spiderman reboot with Marvel, I would never have anticipated a film like anywhere like this. It was an absolute joy to watch, particularly the spidey bants... I bet Maguire and Garfield absolutely loved doing this.

Some moments hit me right in the feels, and the ending was perfect really. I'm not thinking about plot holes (wtf was up with Dr Strange throughout lol) but just enjoyed the ride for what it was... Spiderman has always been my favourite and this was awesome sauce.

YES. YES YES YES.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just watched it. It's really good fun.
  • And here's my list.

1. Spider-Man
    2. Spider-Man 2
    3. Spider-verse
    4. No way home
    5. Homecoming
    6. Far from home
    7. Spider-Man 3
    8. Amazing Spider-Man 1
    9. Amazing Spider-Man 2
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I really enjoyed this. Spare a thought for my partner who say through it having seen not a single MCU film.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Christ. That wouldn't work at all, would it? Who the fuck is everyone?
  • She was happy enough to let it wash over her. It was a few hours away from the toddler at least. In my defence I've just survived another ten days staying at her non English speaking Spanish parent's house. And this was the only film showing in the Spanish cinema in its original English.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Saw this today, really enjoyed it. Loved Daredevil’s cameo, all the old movies being tied in, and Tom motherfucking Hardy bonus at the end.

It felt almost more audacious than Infinity War/Endgame in some ways as it pulled in so many characters from so many franchises that weren’t made by Disney and put them all on screen together.

Completely understand the criticism that this will make no sense if you haven’t watched a ton of earlier stuff, but I also don’t care. Most films cater to people who are coming in blind, I think it’s great that there are films available aimed squarely at the fans.

Probably in the top 5 MCU films I’ve seen. Potentially even the best.
  • “How did you catch that?”
    “I’m a really good lawyer”
    got a big hearty lol.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Saw this today, really enjoyed it. Loved Daredevil’s cameo, all the old movies being tied in, and Tom motherfucking Hardy bonus at the end.

It felt almost more audacious than Infinity War/Endgame in some ways as it pulled in so many characters from so many franchises that weren’t made by Disney and put them all on screen together.

Completely understand the criticism that this will make no sense if you haven’t watched a ton of earlier stuff, but I also don’t care. Most films cater to people who are coming in blind, I think it’s great that there are films available aimed squarely at the fans.

These films are made by the same studio that made the old raimi Spider-Man films. The fact that Spider-Man is in MCU is as a loan from Sony. Technically this is only a pseudo MCU film which is why Venom can be in it. Sony own all Spider-Man films and characters forever.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

These films are made by the same studio that made the old raimi Spider-Man films. The fact that Spider-Man is in MCU is as a loan from Sony.

I know, but it still pulled in characters from more places than anything else I’ve seen from the MCU.
  • I guess daredevil was the only non-Sony one.

Was it more than endgame?! I’m not convinced.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Netflix stuff has always been in this weird limbo, so including that as canon was definitely a thing, despite the fact that it was also a thing in Hawkeye.

Putting Tom Hardy’s Venom in the same movie as any Spider-Man was a new thing too, it seemed quite possible that we’d never see him even mention the name Spider-Man.
  • Strange, Wong and Happy Hogan are all MCU.

The film was made by Disney wasn’t it? Their usual MCU production crews and effects teams and everything.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sony take the production credit, but yeah, it’s a Marvel Studios production.
  • Haha yeah of course the Dr. Strange people too D’Oh!
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Sony have to make a movie every 5 years I believe or the rights revert back to Marvel
  • Just watched it. It was good. I had read all the spoilers which, spoiler alert, spoilt it a little. If you went in knowing nothing, or only seeing the trailers then the first reveal of Garfield would have been huge. But regardless the interplay between the Spider-Men was lovely and the last group hug was special. Very well done and a good watch. Not quite top tier Marvel for me on first viewing. I’m more interested in Kang, Loki, Strange and the Multiverse these days. This felt more like the final end of the Avengers era phase.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • I'm definitely liking that they're not feeling like they have to cater to non-Marvel watchers now. It means they can concentrate on telling a long-term story. I'm guessing they'll keep making movies like Eternals where you don't have to have seen anything to enjoy it as a way to try and get new people in but one of the best things about this Spidey and End-game was how it just puts you straight into it and off you go
  • Saw last night, very enjoyable movie. Sure its a mess but the plus points just about out weight things. 

Comic book movies do need to work harder on how characters act though. I'm fine for putting on the gauntlet of disbelief regarding what the superheroes can and cant do in terms of their powers but there are some cases here where characters are clearly acting a certain way simply to move the plot along. Strange is a good example but there were lots of bits here were choices were made and it just didn't make sense.

I think they could have played up Tom Holland Parker not wanting any of the villains deaths hands a bit more instead of him just wanting to help them (after all, if they get cured and then sent back to dying anyway, whats the point?). I felt this might make more sense. 

Lots of plot holes in the movie but Marvel at its best is about the spectacle. Occasionally you get that tied with the movie also being really good. I would agree with most of you here in terms of which Spiderman is best and this is one of the better ones. I think it ranks with the best of the MCU stuff (for me thats Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, Infinity War, Endgame, Thor:Ragnorak, Iron Man and both Guardians movies)
    SFV - reddave360
  • With Strange, there’s probably something they’re working towards. Like they don’t just have the character growth in the origin film then have them set in stone. Particularly with the Chietwel Ejiofor character turning up again in the next Strange film. He’s out to stop wizards using their powers irresponsibly and the trailer for that showed a baddie Strange that is probably some multiverse version / possible future Strange.

So I think they are writing it in Spider-man as an irresponsible thing for him to have done. But it’s still a jolt back to write him like that.
  • Aye yaye aye this was a belter. Surprisingly emotional movie. 
    Charlie Cox!! Yessss!!!! That catch and lawyer line was great. 
    The villains were great. The de-aging CGI was almost flawless IMO. Dafoe in particular was super menacing.
    Garfield really stood out as Spidey and when he caught MJ that was awesome. The three Spideys together were a real treat.
    Guess Tom Hardy wont be Venom in the MCU then.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Guess Tom Hardy wont be Venom in the MCU then.

Did you watch after the credits?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I assume that’s why he said it. Hardy goes away, a bit of Venom remains to find a new host.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I assume that’s why he said it. Hardy goes away, a bit of Venom remains to find a new host.

That was my take. Venom can be in the mcu but it won't be Sony verse venom.

Two things that occurred to me after watching.

Dafoe was amazing as goblin. I'd love to see him show up again, especially as there is history between him and Tom Holland Parker. Sure, he is cured but if this movie tells us anything its that details are open to change.

The second thing is maybe there is no goblin in the mcu? Oscorp is a huge company built on generations I thought, so given norman can't find it, I take it we won't get an mcu take on green goblin.
    SFV - reddave360
  • You could have someone having seen Osbornes Goblin, get inspired and do their own version. Like Hobgoblin in the comics.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!