Fantasy Premier League 2019/20 Phil Jones Testimonial thread of Gurning
  • I helped my mum build her first fantasy football team yesterday.
    She wanted Salah as captian.

I suggested Allison in goal as that's who I have but she wanted De Gea.

I'm getting beaten at fantasy football by my mum.
  • I get beaten by my 9yo and 6yo on Smash. Dammit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Salah as captain, yes.
  • Salah as captain, yes.

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Salah as captain, yes.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    No worries. I'm making no promises of in depth weekly updates but will try my best.

Can you do one this week at least?
  • Just look at the league.

Edit: sorry that was a bit short. I would like to do a decent write up but real life is pretty intense this week (my dad had heart surgery today and I'm starting with a new client tomorrow) so dont really have it in me.
    If anyone else wants to do a write up feel free.
  • BREAKING NEWS ROUNDUP!

Week One of The Bear and Badger Fantasy Premier League Sponsored by Moccona Instant Coffee ended with tears, cheers and shocks galore! The best week of football fantasy since the last fantastical week of footballing fantasy was wrought fantastically upon your fantastic fantasies. 

The Leader this week, brought to you by our Official Noodle Partner Shin Noodles is one Alex Walker, and his 11 Desperate Men. Obvious choice Salah as Captain brought in a whopping Shin Noodle Approved24 points, with Kane and Sterling also bringing in respectable numbers. Sterling's 20 points, in particular, brought to mind feelings as satisfying as a pack of Spicy Shin Noodles covered with a cheese slice and mixed together to perfection. He also got 8 points having Pope in goal. Which means he bet against Southampton. What a cunt. 

The Close but No Cigar award, sponsored by our Responsible Vice Partner Nicorette, for 2nd and 3rd go to Boomshanka and Danchester United. Unlike Nicorette 48-hour Quitting Gum, they didn't quite have the lasting power to see you through the weekend. Boomshanka's Aguero as striker seemed smart at first but proved misguided, like cutting down smoking without a Nicorette Patchon your arm. And the less said about the Wesley / Vardy strike "partnership" at Danchester United, the better. For a truly appropriate partnership, consider a Nicorette Vape Penfor Daylight hours, alongside a Nicorette Nicotine Humidifierfor while you sleep. 

Blind Faith Moron award of the week, with thanks to our official Flatpack Furniture Partner IKEA, goes to Cockbeard and his Dean Court Dream Team. Like an affordable IKEA computer desk with slidable cubby, it looked well made and surprisingly practical. However, having Brighton's one-season wonder Caleb Wilson as captain was surely the height of fanboyish folly, belying a preference to cheap eBay knock-off furniture which couldn't hold a candle to an IKEA 3-in-1 clothes cupboard / temporary shelving unit / Narnia access point

The Sportwashing Award of the Week, sponsored by the MODERN AND KIND NOT-AT-ALL AUTHORITARIAN STATE OF TURKMENISTAN, goes to Calvinball, whose team features 8 members owned by or sponsored by groups / companies looking to clean their human rights violating reputation through the cynical method of footballing loyalty and popularity bring their unique culture to the metropolitan Premier League. Truly a beacon for the ages, Calvinball somehow failed to rake in the big points, scoring a respectable, but not quite good enough, 76 points. 

Tune in next week, when someone else does a round-up, sponsored by our Official Next Week Round-up Partner Vagi-seal.
  • Lol brilliant.
  • Thanking Ye.

And seriously, I know how hard it is to do updates for these threads - especially when life gets in the way. Had the same issue with the original guess thread, which krs kindly took over. 

So, hopefully someone else could take the baton and do the update next week. Basically, if you have the time and inclination, do a short update and keep the thread bumped.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, it was the subs that killed me, the game decided to bring Hanley off the bench to add -2 to my score, I only picked the twat because cheap, didn't think he'd play. I will say though I pulled a blinder with Ramsdale there

Assuming my beloved Brighton (wanker) don't concede 70 again this season that is
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I'm doing quite good. Why did I pick Los celsos
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Ahaha, magnificent.

Liv I only wanted one because I'm top and it's probably downhill form here, don't worry about it.
  • ...I only wanted one because I'm top ...

As soon as I saw the standings I knew that was the case. Considered leaving you out entirely as a result. But, you know...it's you.
  • Ahaha, magnificent. Liv I only wanted one because I'm top and it's probably downhill form here, don't worry about it.
    :D

All good mate and thanks Cinty for the excellent post no one will want to follow.
  • Its a good idea of Cinty's that if anyone wants to jump in go for it. We are all busy people.
  • I assume there are matches this weekend, though I haven’t checked. Maybe sure to do your subs and have your teams ready, peeps.
  • Yeah.
    First match of Gameweek 2 is Arsenal vs Burnley at 12:30 on Saturday.
    It runs until Monday night when Wolves host Man Utd.

Transfer deadline is Saturday 17th August 11:30.

Be sure to do all transfers by then.
  • Livdiv doing the good work.
  • Not too many fixtures of note this week but some talking points.

Arsenal vs Burnley
    Ozil and Kolasinac missed Gameweek 1 for Arsenal. You would be mad to have them but they will likely be back unless they are targeted by criminals again between now and Saturday lunch time..

Southampton vs Liverpool
    Liverpool will be pumped after winning the Super Cup last night but at the same time they put in a 120 minute shift.
    Even tired legs should see them past Southampton, the question is if Klopp looks to rest some of the bigger names. Could be some captain options to think about.

Allison is out for Liverpool for a few weeks but Adrian showed himself to be more than good enough to see off Chelsea. Not only keeping his cool during the penalty shootout but also making some brilliant saves in regular play.

The Ox is back. After missing most of last season he is a talented prospect at a good price. Will he start though?

Man City vs Spurs
    The biggest match of the week, I would expect a lot of goals in this one but who to Pick? Pep looks to be rotating players through his ill gotten squad. Not only rotating by match but also utilising subs. Last match he replaced Jesus with Aguero after 60 minutes.
    Is it a good idea to have the big money City players?

Chelsea vs Leicester
    Like Liverpool Chelsea also played for 120 minutes on Wednesday night, but without being lifted from winning a cup.
    With a smaller squad that lacks experience Chelsea could struggle. That being said Kante was back in the Chelsea side and looked strong. Willian, another experienced Chelsea player was back from injury and on the bench. Could he start against Leicester? If so he has the potential to pick up points at a reasonable price point.
  • I’ve done my wildcard already. Did something similar last season and it backfired hugely.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Adrian may not be fit for Liverpool, meaning Andy Lonergan, he of a decade of service to Preston North End might be between the sticks
  • I'm currently on course for 4th, the best position in the league
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dammit, I didn’t swap out Alisson.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Shame those goalie injuries didn't happen a couple of weeks ago, we had been trying to flog Begovic all summer
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    My plan was to bring in Mings and Ritchie, but missed the deadline this morning. Also in what world is Ritchie a forward??
  • cockbeard wrote:
    My plan was to bring in Mings and Ritchie, but missed the deadline this morning. Also in what world is Ritchie a forward??

A defender you mean?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Is he listed as a defender?? Wowsers, I'll definitely bring him in next week then. He has been playing as wing back a lot but that's a bit if a coup, corners and set pieces surely good for a dozen assists and 8 goals
  • So I did this last week.

Who will be a brave person and do the next one?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!