The Bear and Badger Musical Appreciation Society
  • Been listening to a lot of Korn recently. Here To Stay, what a monster of a tune.

My 13 year old daughter was listening to them last night. I've always hated them, but quite like that she's into it.

Her doing that got me listening to Slipknot a little too loudly.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • It's the taekwondo of music. Nowt wrong with some controlled aggression.

Just ran HTS back to back to back. Those fuckin drums man. Loved playing that song back in my playing days.
  • Its the funk of the drums and bass that set Korn apart. Love it, they have that shuffley rhythm.
  • Absolutely. You can mosh, you can cripwalk too. It's amazing.
  • Not sure if anyone else has been following Drake and Kendrick Lamarr but the coverage off the dis tracks has been all over stereogum and pitchfork but things have escalated.
    https://www.stereogum.com/2262527/man-injured-in-shooting-outside-drakes-toronto-mansion/news/
    The Forum Herald™
  • Pair of fucking idiots.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • All manufactured innit.
  • It has been followed in the hip hop thread. Team Kendrick every day.

BBL DRIZZZ-AAAAAAYYYYYY
  • You agree with Kendrik using an image of Drakes mansion, in a track calling him a sex offender?
  • If the shoe fits, I guess??..
  • Hey, he did not have sex with a specific child that no one had mentioned!
  • Kow wrote:
    Reminds me of a guy I once knew who genuinely believed that jazz was just random notes and that people only pretended to like it because they thought it was cool to.

866b732eebf902a592c9b5e68d088929.jpg
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    One song you'd like people to listen to and why.  Doesn't have to be a favourite, just something you think deserves to be heard.
      Check out Daft Punk's new single ‘Get Lucky’ if you get the chance. Sound of the summer. Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.
    Here's a brand new candidate for Sound of Summer status...

Justice live at Coachella 2024.

This is blindingly good. Seventy minutes of classic Justice bangers seamlessly mixed with a bunch of new stuff from Hyperdrama.
    If you've heard Woman Worldwide from a few years back, then it's like that, but with the new stuff mixed in. A seamless summery symphony of awesomeness.

If you follow the link, there's two files on that guy's Google Drive. TBH, it's the audio file that's really worth nabbing. There's the video file as well, but it's standard two guys on a stage at a festival tv broadcast stuff, so not really essential.
    The audio file, on the other hand is so good I've had it on repeat practically non-stop for days now. :)

Amazing g, listening daily at the moment!

• It really is a stellar set. Sounds amazing on headphones too. :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This week's song exploder is "Do You Realise" by the Flaming Lips, a real favourite song of mine. It's so technical and personal and wonderful. One of my favourites so far. If you like the Lips, well worth 20 mins of your time.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm really working on my bass playing so hearing what they did in that is amazing
  • New Four Tet album is brilliant
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This week's song exploder is "Do You Realise" by the Flaming Lips, a real favourite song of mine. It's so technical and personal and wonderful. One of my favourites so far. If you like the Lips, well worth 20 mins of your time.

I like that podcast
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I love that song :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It is a banger. I’ve never heard of that podcast, will give it a go.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Do you realize?
    Ah-ah-ah

Do you realize
    That everyone you know someday will die?

• The Daddy wrote:
    It is a banger. I’ve never heard of that podcast, will give it a go.

It's interesting, the artist breaks down the song, inspiration etc themselves
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • There's a new New Kids on the Block album!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There's a new New Kids on the Block album!

New Kids On The Block had a bunch of hits
    Chinese food makes me sick
    And I think it's fly when girls stop by
    For the summer, for the summer
  • Arab Strap - I'm totally fine with it. Don't give a fuck anymore

My first Arab Strap experience and it's right up my street. The subject matter is all dark as fuck but the lyrics are biting and funny in places and the tunes are great. Sounds amazing on head phones..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's a great album.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Can anyone link me to a Beeswing performance that someone posted about a decade ago?  Was in a pub I think, a cover.  Vocals not quite top tier but the guitar playing was absolutely insane. @Kow maybe?

• The one song in this world that stops me completely in my tracks, and has me in tears.  Every single time. An utter masterpiece.

The first 4 minutes are lovely, but then the singing ends and you get five minutes of refrain, gently adding instruments and melodies along the way, building and building and getting more epic, and by the 7-minute mark I'm welling up and by the last minute I'm fucking broken, in floods.

It's twenty years old and I've heard it hundreds of times, and I'll never truly be able to explain why it does that to me.

Best played with a good, loud stereo, or on headphones.
  • Thumbs up to that, enjoyed.
  • I've played it five times today and cried every time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!