The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • I’m watching my eldest play through this and it’s reinforced what a superb game it is. Bob, you’re tripping.
  • It's an incredible game and a masterpiece of design.
    Bob, you're just wrong here.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You won't enjoy BotW if you lack the imagination to play it the way it wants to played. God that sounds like an insult and very snobby. What I mean is: there's always several ways to solve most problems in this game. Have a think - you don't need to rush into any battle or even bother with fights most of the time. Rotate the camera, and wander off somewhere else. Learn to challenge its systems and try to break them. That's where the fun's at.

I'm sorry Bob. Not everyone can love great things I suppose.
  • One thing I wish I'd done for my playthrough - go Rito divine beast first and get the super jump. It changes the game utterly for the better
  • Yeah, I did that on my second playthrough. Felt totally different, although I’m kinda glad I did it the “suggested” way first time through.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Iirc I did Rito first after getting stuck on the Ritchie and deciding to bugger off elsewhere.
  • I didn't use the super jump hardly at all after i got it. I'd found other ways of getting around stuff :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • That's the beauty of the game, so many approaches.
    I only rode a horse once.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Can you get the DLC bike early on? Seems a waste to get it at the end.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I only rode a horse once.

I was the same.  Just wasn't necessary and if anything would mean that you would miss things so I didn't bother.  Finding alternative routes to things was half the fun anyway.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I didn't use the super jump hardly at all after i got it. I'd found other ways of getting around stuff :)

I went all in on a proper mission to find the full climbing set once I’d met a fairy and understood about combo perks. Took almost as much time as the main game - just couldn’t find the buggering climbing gear on that island shrine
  • You won't enjoy BotW if you lack the imagination to play it the way it wants to played. God that sounds like an insult and very snobby. What I mean is: there's always several ways to solve most problems in this game. Have a think - you don't need to rush into any battle or even bother with fights most of the time. Rotate the camera, and wander off somewhere else. Learn to challenge its systems and try to break them. That's where the fun's at.

Hilariously it won’t allow any imagination it’s prescripted problem solving of guessing the exact thing the developer expects.. a criminal
    Case of herd mind ‘it’s good because we’ve been told it’s good’ .::
    The Forum Herald™
  • You can make beating the Lynel fairly easy if you cook a few good meals when you find it. I didn't use a single lightning arrow. Just regular ones, and a bunch of parries.
  • Never finished though, JonB still has my copy!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You won't enjoy BotW if you lack the imagination to play it the way it wants to played.

I think it's more that imagination makes up for its lack of trad gameplay because it has a great interactive core to fall back on.

Can you get the DLC bike early on? Seems a waste to get it at the end.

Yeah, I played the U version to completion before the DLC came out, and then later went back on a hacked Switch and the bike did nothing for me. I'd have loved it on my playthrough, like you say. Woulda been a huge timesaver and frustration-avoider.
  • The bike is a bit of throwaway fun but doesn't suit the main game at all really.
    Bob wrote:
    You won't enjoy BotW if you lack the imagination to play it the way it wants to played. God that sounds like an insult and very snobby. What I mean is: there's always several ways to solve most problems in this game. Have a think - you don't need to rush into any battle or even bother with fights most of the time. Rotate the camera, and wander off somewhere else. Learn to challenge its systems and try to break them. That's where the fun's at.

Hilariously it won’t allow any imagination it’s prescripted problem solving of guessing the exact thing the developer expects.. a criminal
    Case of herd mind ‘it’s good because we’ve been told it’s good’ .::

This is just nonsense.
  • Or poetry.  Depends who reads it i guess.
  • I’d love a book of it all.
  • n0face wrote:
    You have to live with your decisions. It's not Nintendo's fault you had a child.

This did not get the love it deserved. If Edge were still taking quotes from the Forum, this would defo be one.

Also works for those of us whose Children get sucked into the Nintendo Marketing Machine. A Child with a Switch wants a whole lot of expensive official Nintendo things it seems.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Aye, it’s a good quote, and also an accurate one.

#CancelChildren
  • I only used horses in the final 10% of roaming around when I could whistle for one. 

My main aim was to get the liminosity (sp?) armour. Once I got that I felt and looked like a boss. Switch in and out of the armour sets when needed. 

i'd often spent time climbing to the top of mountains to see if there were any korok seeds, take in the view and then to cover as much around as possible hand gliding down. I think it's a real shame that the games been broken by speedrunners so much, i'd prefer to see the game played a bit more properly. 

Cooking got a bit boring after a while, should be able to select the meal and then cilck a x button to make as many as you want in one animation/jingle. 

Shield surfing is still brilliant 

Remember that hut on top of one of the mountains (hebda or something?) which has the lights on and feels like a real isolated cottage.

Loves Tarry Town and building that too.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Who the fuck thought putting jump on x was a good idea? Literally the least natural feeling place for it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It’s not great when you’re used to it being the bottom button in so many other games, but I reprogrammed myself by thinking the button at the top be the one that makes you go up. I think they did the same for the Last Guardian too, right?
  • bob have you managed to jump slide onto a shield yet?
  • mk64 wrote:
    bob have you managed to find 900 korok seeds yet?

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • mk64 wrote:
    bob have you accidentally thrown a nice sword into a lake yet?

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    bob have you accidentally thrown a nice sword into a lake yet?

Yes my son was not
    Amused
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    bob have you managed to replace the in game music with Steps yet?

• Moot_Geeza wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    bob have you managed to replace the in game music with Steps yet?

bob have you ever seen such splendour? this game is not for you.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!