Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't have the reactions for this, switched to the AI for a bit and I'm still getting bummed.
  • My one real concern with this is that there will be some real OP shit in there that someone will discover and it won't get fixed. Hopefully it really is treated like a Solid Fightman™ game and balance is given the importance it deserves.

Do all classes have a 'Pick 'em up and throw them' move? 

This looks really excellent.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's the guard break innit? Handy around ledges.
  • Another Xbox one

2FMFK-P4DQH-9Q62Y-RDVCC-YFHQZ

I've grabbed this, cheers Shabs.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I wasn't really paying any mind to this, post some articles months ago, but these clips have been killing it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm suffering a load of 'wait I thought I was in that stance'. Why isn't there an instant rematch vs the AI? I'm trying to learn the fucking game but I'm sitting in loading screens, victory salutes and intros 90% of the time. Is there a training mode?

Oh wait there it is never mind.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Only level 1 bots? And you fight the same class each time? Can you select the class or even better set it to random each time you kill them?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If ya want to see some more of it being played, check this broadcast. A lot of 2v2 and you can pick up styles, moves, tech etc:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117792180
  • So this looks really good then.  2017 might be an expensive year.
  • Shame they ditched the split screen though, but the visuals do appear to have received a decent bump up from the last time I saw it running.
  • Viking was a great game, nothing spectacularly new about its combat, but the large scale, raging battles and blood-soaked limb severing was rarely less than satisfying.

Am intrigued by this now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
  • Only level 1 bots? And you fight the same class each time? Can you select the class or even better set it to random each time you kill them?

You can make a custom game and add bots of any class up to level 3.
  • If ya want to see some more of it being played, check this broadcast. A lot of 2v2 and you can pick up styles, moves, tech etc:

Yeah I've been watching this game to pick up some tips for my Warden, it's a really good stream.

Would be even better if I had someone to practice with though :(
  • This looks really excellent.

You should see the intro movie, some of it looks real. I would share it, but they've blocked recording for those parts.
  • Just realised, they're blocking recording the whole time on PS4. Great.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    If ya want to see some more of it being played, check this broadcast. A lot of 2v2 and you can pick up styles, moves, tech etc:

Yeah I've been watching this game to pick up some tips for my Warden, it's a really good stream.

Would be even better if I had someone to practice with though :(

I'll be back on at half 7, but don't spit the dummy out when I repeatedly turn you over.

I didn't have you pegged for a Warden, thought you'd go Berserker or the other assassin types.
  • YES!

I was playing 1v1, my knight against a big-ass Viking with a shield and axe. Round 1, I didn't get a hit in, and he knocked my off a high ledge, I fall screaming to my death. Round 2, we're in a courtyard, I manage to get a few hits in but he bosses me with overhead attacks.

Round 3, I have a ledge behind me and he runs straight at me, clearly looking to knock me off. I saw it coming and got out of the way, moving into the room. In the following exchange, I realised that whoever I was playing against was attack minded, with little thought for defence. I managed my first ever actually parry (rather than just blocking) then dealt him som heavy blows, reducing his health to the last quarter. He ran outside and remained there, clearly hoping to knock me off the ledge when I came out. It was too obvious, so I was able to dodge his lunge, and two more heavy blows took him out.

Round 4 and we're back up on a narrow walkway. I moved forward to make sure there were full parapets either side, patiently blocked a few moves then battered him when he tired. Two all.

At the start of the final round, he's obviously pissed off, and charges at me, obviously looking to use his power. It was just too slow and obvious, though, and I was able to again dodge him, block his weakened attacks, parry, and again cut him to pieces with my broadsword.

If only I'd been able to share a video. I get why they've blocked it, but it's surely also prohibiting some great advertising.
  • They're blocking video? I've been watching loads of clips...?
  • I've only seen Xbox clips on here. Can devs block video capture on Xbox? They can on PS4, and it seems they have here.
  • Pez is on PS4? No idea if there are blocks or if he's circumventing then somehow.
  • Direct capture maybe?
  • Hmmm. This requires further investigation.
  • Gutted I seem to have missed this. Damn my tiny pipe!

RPS folk don't seem to like it but Pez and Nexx know their competitive games so... Might wait and see. May even go Pc for the shinies.
  • Yeah I just hit share at the end of a fight and store the clip Andy. Think it blocks out certain menu points but if you sneak it in at the end of rounds you should be laughing.

Hear what you're saying about the broken worry Tiger, there's definitely some cheese and balance issues that need working out for sure. Oroboro is a nice enough Souls streamer who will have lots of Vods up on his Twitch channel now, mostly Warden play but he did 2v2s with friends, one of whom was an amazing Nobushi (Samurai pole arm lady). Watched them both get cheesed out by a Conqueror (shield and flail guy) who was just abusing loops. Thing is, it's the same shit you'd cry foul at seeing someone play against Eddie Gordo in Tekken for the first time. And yet with experience he's one of the most punishable characters, so looking at it like that I'm fairly certain the mechanics are in that everything should have a counter. Parrying is God as it shuts down their attack entirely so getting that down is huge, plus just letting them gas is also a good strat. There's a definite back and forth like in any fighter and not going for a poke or a greedy hit (a la Souls) is a real fundamental. Old head from the New York fight scene called Arturo Sanchez has a saying that I found myself muttering after a particularly salty loss to some perceived bullshit, "Slow it down, figure it out". Works wonders.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Gutted I seem to have missed this.

Nexx sent me an invite email, I'm still waiting for an email with instructions from Ubi.

*sigh*

Probably a bit late now. Even if email comes, it'll take ages to download install and get going. By which time it'll probably be midnight or I'll be falling asleep.  :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a lot of fun with it, but I'm undecided as to whether to buy it or not. The skill ceiling will be higher than I can manage a week after release so I'm glad I got in when it was still new to most people. There were some charming chaps on there, and some chivalrous behavior when it was 2 on 1. Sometimes.

It was a great laugh overall.
  • Haha great video and good session last night. You're better than you give yourself credit for, that round where you jumped down and threw the guy off the edge was epic.
  • Add me to the list of folks who like the look of this but will be rubbish at it. Love the vids all.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Super vids!

Strikes me as a game that will be brilliant for the opening weeks as a group plays together. I like my medieval combat enough to go in without having tried it, I think.

Bono or Pc though?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!