Miitomo and the Quest for Picross
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    So yeah I've done this but don't really understand. Why are there three different types of coin? What is the picross game??
    acemuzzy wrote:
    And why do I have to add friends yet again? Like it doesn't even suggest the ones my wiiu Nintendo I'd has configured? Really?? Which thread should be listing all our details??

The coins you get loads of are just used in the app for buying clothes. The "platinum" ones go to your My Nintendo account and can be swapped for real things. See https://my.nintendo.com/rewards

I'm not entirely sure what the other, rectangular ones are for either. Probably clothes again.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to let you add people unless you're physically close to them, have them as a friend on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter. I don't get it, either.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But thete are also gold coins, also for (other) rewards??
  • Those are just on My Nintendo and not in the app. Generally, they're got by buying things direct from Nintendo. See https://my.nintendo.com/missions

The first two coins on the website are actually the same, for some reason they just show you the ones you got from Miitomo and the ones you got for other things separately.
  • Yeah. I think gold coins seem to be for things you buy on the e-shop. Functionally a cash back system, where you have a limited selection of other stuff to buy with them.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I got Minis on the Move for half price, then a free copy of Mario Land 2 with them, last night, after buying Fire Emblem: Awakening.
  • I'm actually deliberating whether my Mii's hair should be brown or black. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I am an "innovative stylist" for tucking in and untucking my shift a few times, though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What were you tucking it into, a headband?
  • My typing skills are exceptional, today.
  • Just wasted an hour of my morning on this. Utter garbage.
    But compelling garbage, I'm just enjoying being an arse
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I think it would be ok if you could freely add people.

Being restricted to fb/twitter is dumb.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It'd be better if it didn't take half an hour to load.

Also the questions aspect isn't that compelling really.

Maybe it would be for people who are young but then they probably communicate better. I'm not that interested tbh what anyone thinks of when the hear the word ninja.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It's Nintendo trying to protect children. They see themselves as a seller of toys and feel they need to keep kids (customers) safe from online predators. That's why the friend code bullshit was such crap on the original DS onwards. I doubt that it will change anytime soon, although if they want to change it they could do it along with a credit card. If you register a credit card your friend list is opened up as you must be over 18 to be granted credit. I imagine similar laws are in place all over the first and world countries
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Imo the Facebook etc thing is not a bad choice. Certainly I'm not a big fan of the qna but I think the most compelling answers are from people I'm more familiar with. Being too easy to add would probably bloat the fuck out of the game in terms of data as well.
  • Ok, maybe don't add strangers but how about your friends on the Nintendo Network its tied to? Or your contacts on your phone? You already know those people, much more than those on twitter I'd say. You can write anything you want on there unlike miiverse.

I think it has a little potential, especially when they start releasing games on phones with recognisable IP.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Ah yeah. Phone book would be a good option.
  • Its mad that it doesn't really. Phone numbers are essentially real life friend codes after all.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Good example is that really we should be able to add people from here without having to swap twitters or whatever. Friend codes with QR functionality would be fine.

I've got the Zelda Picross, now, though, so barely touch Miitomo as I'm not overly bothered about Wario Ware.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!