Rez Infinite - MIZ LIVES!
‹ Previous123
  • TdshIHL.jpg
    In 2001, together with my team at Sega, I made a game called Rez.
    It was not your typical game. It’s a bit hard to explain in words.

Well, to be honest, when the original Rez came out back in 2001, not everyone understood what we were trying to do with the game — but the few people that did “get it,” really got it. A dedicated and steadily growing number of fans called it visionary. Revolutionary. Ahead of its time.
    With Rez Infinite, I feel like that time has finally come.

QWXpYNI.jpg
    Now, almost 15 years later, it feels like the perfect time to introduce our game to a whole new generation of PlayStation hardware, and to a new generation of gamers, who I know are more open to experiences that don’t fit the traditional molds (and with today’s more flexible game pricing at retail and online, at a price that we can all feel good about).

LORMwuY.jpg
    And, of course, very soon — and most personally exciting — we will have excellent quality, truly mass-market VR with PlayStation VR.
    When I started working at Sega in the 1990s, I got involved in some arcade game VR projects like “Virtuality” and “Sega Rally Special Stage.” VR in those days was bulky, blurry, and slow. It was clear the technology wasn’t ready yet, but even that small taste had me dreaming of what might someday be possible.

Speaking of bulky and blurry, Rez was released at a time when most home console games were played on small 4:3 ratio tube TVs, with fuzzy pictures and sound that was barely stereo.

It’s only playing Rez Infinite on a PS4, especially in VR mode but even on a nice, big, modern flat screen (Rez Infinite can be played both as a normal game or in VR, your choice), that the game comes closest to what we saw in our heads when we were creating it: vivid colors that blend seamlessly into one another, crystal-clear textures, and razor-sharp lines only possible at full 1080p HD, all swimming around you at the speed-of-life 60 frames per second (120 frames per second in PS VR), with full 3D audio (PS VR) or 7.1 surround sound (PS4) that, well, truly surrounds you.

xbBm6SA.jpg
    I know to some people that’s all just a bunch of numbers and technical mumbo-jumbo — and in a way, I agree. The only thing important about that technology for Rez Infinite is how it makes you feel; hopefully, it makes it easier to forget the fact that you’re sitting in front of a TV playing a game, and instead lets the real world melt away into a swirl of incredible sights and sounds that could only ever exist in your imagination.

That’s exactly how we want players to feel — that they aren’t just playing Rez Infinite, they’re living it. Rez Infinite is the futuristic “synesthesia” experience I’ve wanted to create from the beginning.

Engaging all your senses was also the idea behind the original Trance Vibrator, an optional peripheral we designed to plug into PS2 and pulse along to the beat of the music and sound effects in the original Rez.

Since we’re now making the ultimate version of Rez with Rez Infinite, we thought, why not also make the ultimate version of the Trance Vibrator? And thus, the Synesthesia Suit was born.

LcR6iuu.jpg
    This one you don’t just need to see and hear, but also really need to feel for yourself. This is a special promotional item and there will only ever be one of these in the world. If you’re one of the lucky few, you can try it at PlayStation Experience!

If not, hopefully there’ll be other opportunities in the future — as there will be to talk more about our plans for (and all the features of) Rez Infinite, very soon.

Our time is coming, my friends. I hope you’ll be there for it.

I'm crying. Look at the guy.

nV0b4Fm.jpg

Love you forever, Miz.

And finally....

jnmdcvz.jpg

*explodes*
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Meh
  • Does the Synthesesia Suit have a built in vibrator?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Ooh.
  • Sweet.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bought Rez twice - the original ps2 one and the hd rerelease. I can't see myself parting with cash again.
  • I have the Dreamcast and HD versions.

I imagine this will be stupidly expensive - I better start saving ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Holy shit!

Take my moneh!
  • This will be the game that pushes me to buy the headset.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Meh

Only a true moron would feel like this about a game like Rez.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Bought Rez twice - the original ps2 one and the hd rerelease. I can't see myself parting with cash again.

Wiki says DC version preceeded PS2 by a month. Hence DC is the original. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I've got the DC original and the PS2 version. It's obvs a DC game at its core but I thought the PS2 ver hit the shelves first. Maybe that's just true of the shelves near me.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Wiki says DC version preceeded PS2 by a month. Hence DC is the original. ;)

For the UK sure. The initial release, in Japan, was on the same day.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'd have preferred E4. I just didn't get Rez and didn't know what all the fuss was about.

VR is a massive turn-off too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    What is this nostalgia exploitation market I don't like it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The ps2 version was better though, if I remember the reviews correctly. Dreamcast version suffered from frame rate problems or some such
  • That suit is so fucking cool.

• It's interesting this. I'm curious to know more about how it works in VR because the viewpoint has always been dictated by the movement of the reticule which looks to still be being controlled by the traditional controller rather than actual head movement?
    I hope it's an actual 3D world built for proper VR, because that would indeed be a sight to behold, rather than just a gimped version of RezHD playing out on a tiny screen strapped to your head.

yup, interesting

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    The ps2 version was better though, if I remember the reviews correctly. Dreamcast version suffered from frame rate problems or some such

Have PS2,DC and HD. Can't say I noticed frame rate issues with the DC version but its been a while. 

I use the VGA box with the DC which does resolve frame rates issues with the odd game like Sega Rally 2 so maybe that has the same effect.

A VR version would be excellent provided looking around would reveal different options and give you an enemy prioritisation problem to deal with
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Rez soundtrack has been permanently in my playlist for 15 years.

Adam Freeland's track in particular.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Meh

Music games have never really grabbed me. I thought this was "ok" when I played it (on PS2), I guess more shinies and VR could be a nice fit (control worries aside), but I ain't buying no hype train ticket.
  • shut_up_and_take_my_money_530x298_by_mariturtle-d7doi25.jpg
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Vela wrote:
    The Rez soundtrack has been permanently in my playlist for 15 years. Adam Freeland's track in particular.
    Yeh I love a couple of them. 

In the video g posted does anyone else think there's something a bit off with the audio. Either the track or the sound effects. Something doesn't seem quite right.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yup.
  • Common' Miz, release on Steam and I will love you forever!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Meh
    Music games have never really grabbed me. I thought this was "ok" when I played it (on PS2), I guess more shinies and VR could be a nice fit (control worries aside), but I ain't buying no hype train ticket.

Rez isn't a music game in the same sense as a rhythm/Simon says game like Parappa, Ouendan, Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution are. 

It's a shoot-em-up like Sin & Punishment or (more relevant example) Space Harrier. The music is the theme which in part autonomously regulates your shooting rhythm, and in the other part it responds to you by layering different levels of each track upon one another as you progress through the level.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah but the audio visual experience of it all is a major pay off the package
  • Muzzy doesn't do anything beyond pure mechanics.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yeah but the audio visual experience of it all is a major pay off the package
    You just described every video game ever there.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Anyone got a video to hand of the presentation with that suit?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mechanics > story > shinies > horse armour > audio

Mayber
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!