Final Fantasy Explorers
  • Apparently Roth backtracked and said he didn't mean to use the word remake. Rather than saying he didn't mean to say XII and maybe meant VII. So it's a remaster then. Which I will be happy with. As long as the Zodiac Spear can be obtained without being a psychic or something.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Like Reg I bought Lightning Returns and never played it.  It looks very different from the first two, and not in a good way.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I actually really enjoyed FFXIII-2.

Lightning Returns was a bit weird, it kind of felt like a piece of final ending DLC fleshed out with the content of a full retail game or something. Or like one of those direct-to-video sequels that Disney did.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Someone else start the World of Final Fantasy thread.  I feel responsible for organ mongering and tat distribution.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Someone else start the World of Final Fantasy thread.  I feel responsible for organ mongering and tat distribution.

What the hell is it?  I've only seen the brief e3 reveal.  It looks like it's targeted at children.
    Get schwifty.
  • Everyone complains that XIII is linear and doesn't have towns or whatever, but then got really excited by X HD. IDGI
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Exploring towns in JRPGs can actually be dull as fuck.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Elf does. Hence we're right not to.
  • I rate it, yes. Don't make me do a list.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Exploring towns in JRPGs can actually be dull as fuck.

Yesssssss
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Up for preorder on the eshop at £29.99 - I believe you get a free theme.

My collector's ed money has been taken from the SE store.  Grabbed my lad a copy from eBay for good measure.

If they do badges for this I'm screwed.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's £23.99 on Amazon.  Had it preordered at that for quite a while, though a recent email from Square Enix reminded me I'd also preordered the CE from them.
    Get schwifty.
  • I said ebay - meant Amazon.  Bah.  Good price.

It'll most probably turn out like various semi disappointing Crystal Chronicles capers.  However, I'm hoping to something more akin to DQ IXs loveliness.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm an enormous fan of DQIX so that would be splendid.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I haven't pre-ordered this from anywhere yet.

Expect Final Fantasy-branded Monster Hunter, because that is apparently what this is.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Expect Final Fantasy-branded Monster Hunter, because that is apparently what this is.

I'm not expecting this.  I'm expecting an action game, yes, but not something in the same vein as Monster Hunter.  But then what the fuck do I know?  I've read next to nothing about it; I'm buying it because it's got Final Fantasy on the cover.  I'm a lemon.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

It can't be that good.  CAN IT?
  • ...and it's not. Tried the local co-op which works fine. Definitely much more suited to multiplayer but we'll see how it goes.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mine didn't arrive :( fuk u squenix store
  • Sorry to hear that Reg. I had to do a 70 min round trip to pick up the CE today.

Positive review over at Polygon:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/10821436/final-fantasy-explorers-review-3ds-square-ff

There's more to it than the FFCC titles.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think this game is just going to be too dull (and too ugly) to even sustain me the two weeks until Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 releases.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Woofftt. This game is not great. I doubt there's much beyond fan service, but even being only two hours in has me longing to just play monhun instead. WHERES THE ROLL BUTTON.
    Pretty disappointed with the whole thing - the game, and the cheap looking special edition. Chalk this one up to experience, can't see much to sustain me.
  • It's growing on me more and more tbh.  In solo mode it's pretty grim, but chuck in a pal on local co-op and add a couple of online friends and it's a sweet multiplayer experience.  The fact that you can target specific members of your party to heal/buff is a great touch and highlights genuine party mechanics.

IMO it's not a MH clone.  It's more akin to PSO and the fact that I bagged several hundred hours on PSO2 on the PSP in local co-op a few years ago probably says more about my preference to this kind of multiplayer experience than any great artistic design in FFEE or PSO.

Not been specifically following the quest paths but unlocked a fine plethora of FF jobs, most recently Red Mage.  Been saving my White Mage and Bard skills for group play.  Generally my co-op partner plays Beastmaster so we've bagged loads of Monster atma together and have begun building an army of monsters that can fight in place of human comrades (they're guff though).

Eidolons are a cool challenge.  Certainly better in co-op.  Got the Ensnare (?) mechanic down to bag the drops and being able to use special abilities such as Ifrit's Hellfire brings a certain FF satisfaction.

Got a party of between 2-4 people working on this as a casual obsession - sunday evenings fo def.
  • Online friends only room from 9. Rocking a sweet Thief as a main job but rolling with a semi decent White Mage for group play.

The way you can customise abilities as you build up mutations through crystal surges is very cool.

Unlocked Beastmaster today inspiring FFXI rose tints.
  • Online room open from 9 this evening.  Unlocked Paladin and Samurai this week, so that everything unlocked with regard to jobs.

Dual wielding the 2 best daggers that I can currently attain as a Thief.  Beat Omega Weapon in an epic online battle so just chiling with the midrange enemies before attempting a 6* Odin at some point.  Also on the hunt for job specific armour for red mage.  Need that pimp hat, baby!

Pet system works well for solo play.  I have a haste casting cactuar and a healing mandragora.  2 of my favourite minions from XIV - awesome!
  • Just taken out a 7* boss online with 4 players. Great to keep the group up with some huge aoe heals due to mutating abilities in the appropriate direction.  Ability mutations do cost a fortune now though 40k+ CP a pop at rank 15 - eek!

Loving the proper healing!
  • Rinse and repeat for 7* Eidolons last night.  First time I've had the classic 1 tank, 2 dps and a healer in a 4 player online party.  It was great as a healer to skirt around the perimeter of the battle and pop heals.  The tank was decent, not looked closely at Malice (hate) mechanics but I didn't get hit apart from the odd aoe whilst raising someone.  Beautiful.

Jobs seem reasonably varied.  Geared up Geomancer yesterday and it looks like a cool support job with debuff skills if using a club.  Probably can go magic based if using that old FF handheld device weapon of choice...bells.

Pimped out Red Mage for my stage of the game.  As expected it has decent mid range white and black magic.  You could drop in something stronger but the load system means that you'd have to compensate elsewhere.

Online community seems decent.  Lots of friending etc at this stage with enough randoms online to make it viable.  Yay.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!