• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Sounds well alright.
  • Soma is turning out really well, i will buy the game in reverence. Maybe first time this year i've liked a story in a game and it's a subject that i find very interesting, although it's a pretty pessimistic angle on something i'm quite optimistic about

Yeah if there's one game i've played this year that i can recommmend it's Soma even though a bunch of the puzzles feel a little bit tacked on, like just there to make an unimportant area last longer to adjust the pacing
  • The deer god got really ridiculous within 30 seconds of watching a walkthrough. Hate crime
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    The Deer God is worse than chronic constipation.

The only worthwhile part of the game is reading it's defence activists on the Steam forums.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Evolve. Stick your fucking micro transactions up your well fucked farter. 44 dlc packs not included in the season pack. Utter bag of wank.

Thread won and review of the year too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Evolve started badly though, with a bunch of different prices that nobody understood. And it was shit anyway.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It's Fallout Shelter.  What a piece of shit.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ayo
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fallout shelter is a big bag of shit. I would have put that second if I'd read the rules and knew I could have a 2 and 3.
  • Also even though i just watched a walkthrough for a bit, mgs5 looked like playing a spreadsheet, so that too
  • Last year I had Castle of Illusion.  This year I've got Toad.  I'm glad Elf loves me.
  • I don't think I've played a bad game all year. Maybe some pish on psn freebies that I never downloaded.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • How did you play it if you never downloaded it?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Muzzy kindly sent me The Order so I can decide whether to put it in elf's thread or this one.  Told the wife about the kindness of the forum when she told me a parcel had arrived, only to be accused of making it up because I'd made the mistake of USING MY OWN RECOGNISIBLE HANDWRITING TO WRITE THE ADDRESS, and was therefore busted in my poor attempt to disguise the fact that I'd bought another game. 

Even I'm starting to wonder if reg's theory about ace_geeza is correct, Fight Club style.

Ahahaha, rest assured, that was my "neat" writing...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    @muzzy: Order wasn't disappointing based on what you were expecting, but was it bad / worse game you played released this year??

It wasn't amazing, but I've played worse this year for sure
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    How did you play it if you never downloaded it?!

Ahh, pedant. :P

I mean they are as close as I got but didn't waste the bandwidth on them. Really have nothing to complain about this year in terms of quality of what I actually played.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right here we go.

3)Batman Arkham Knight Worth prefacing this by saying I played on pc and while there weren't the litany of errors that I saw elsewhere, this has probably had the shittiest treatment of any game released this year, with maybe the exception of Tony Hawk 5, which I've not played. So we have a game that's stuttering and crumbe and not supported. Let's ignore that and look at the stuff that's universal across all formats. The game's biggest upgrade from Rocksteady's last effort (four years ago) is the batmobile, a dumb, turgid floaty tank. And the biggest use for it is surviving swarm after swarm of Battlezone-esque enemies. I couldn't believe it when I got to the end and the game happily told me to take out 65 enemies in a dull slog.
    Sadly, it's not even a bad game, let alone a terrible one. It's simply completely underwhelming, coming off what I felt was a top 5 game on the last systems, not doing much plot wise, and telegraphing a dumb plot point so hard I got it within a couple of hours (see the ak thread) and anyone who knows the slightest about Batman comics would get instantly. And for those who don't? The game hits you over the head with it so hard to make you try to feel something come the reveal. The underlying Batman stuff is still Batman, but it's bloated and distorted out of all shape. Not one I'm happy with putting on here, but I feel I need to.

2) Devil's Third. Yep, the most busted game I played this year is actually at number 2. It's hard to be able to explain DT if you haven't played it, but the reekiest thing about the whole prospect is that somewhere below all the creaking gun combat, there's the smidgen of a decent third person action game - y'know, like what you remember from Ninja Gaiden. On top of that, however, is a wonky tiramasu of shite, with busted models, dull boss fights and RAWK music. Its's both narratively and tonally awful, starting with a poorly judged escape from Guantanamo and featuring several egregious nods to the war on terror - something it's nowhere near capable of handling. It's dull, samey and awful looking. And yet it's only number 2. Because...

1) The Order:1886 this game angers me so.I still can't get over the amount that has clearly been spent on this title for it to look the part, past an interesting enough steampunk premise, and yet utterly cock it up on gameplay. Aside from the two chapters where I literally had to do nothing to progress, memorable highlights included a rubbish "stealth" sequence around a garden and constant, repeated animations of searching through drawers, always with the same pre-animated contents. A brief diversion to a hot air balloon provided nothing but different shaped corridors to shoot in, and werewolf fights were simply qtes with a little aiming and shooting. The final fight consisted of a big room of men, and the last boss was a fucking qte-fest. That this was sony's push for first party this year really soured me on PS4 at the start of the calendar and it's only now I'm back with the console as my preferred system. A real scandal, and, frankly, inexcusable.

#catharsis

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This thread has been great as I was contemplating the manbat for cheap but lol fuck that noise.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's way worse you could play, but man was it crushing after the hype and AA/AC
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not enjoying AC means I'm definitely out. Fallout 4 and Until Dawn will be my only buys before end of year. And Isaac DLC hype.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Until Dawn has been surprise lolwut aye OK of the year. Played in a party setting on Saturday and it was legit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sell it me for cheap brah. Or a sneaky lend <3
  • Batmans was decent enough, but it wouldn't have made last year's list for me.  Probably just about an [8].
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Will do, but need elm and Mrs elm to come over to finish it first

@DS
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll get to harassing Elm then. Much love.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What's the verdict on DLC?  That Unicorn stuff on trials was shambollocks.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The tracks are amaze, the unicorn is their attempt at wackiness, ala all the squirrels etc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No dlc, same as goty thread
  • In all seriousness, I would be interested in a best DLC list thread. 

I actually think a discussion on the do's and don'ts could be fun.

Lord knows I can't be arsed OPing that shit though. Who's up for it?

Perhaps a best and worst list, all time, with reasoning, and a point system.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd say Minervas Den, Cataclysm, Left Behind, Lost and Damned, and Q3 Ta would be sitting near the top of my list. In fact, fuck it, I'll do it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!