isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Fair do's Rayman. Punter experience probably more relevant perhaps but the general review banter was of this nature.. 

"The PlayStation Vita version is only for diehard fans, because the detailed characters models and levels did not survive the transition to the portable platform. It's still 60 fps, but it's a muddy mess at 60 fps. The Vita controls are workable, but unreliable at times. It's a nice try by Armature, but it only deserves 1.5 out of 5 stars."

Horses for courses perhaps?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yeah perhaps. Those quotes sound like they are from one of those shitty handheld only review sites. I think it's a good port and have even tried it on mp with one of my mates. But yeah!

The burning question is WHERE THE HELL IS THE ULTRA STREET FIGHTER IV port for the Vita. SxT was good but I want the original!

Cheers
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    As I say I trust folks actually using it as much as a review off of the web (apols.. that was US gamer btw forgot the linky)

I barely ever touch punchy punchy stuff so all the intricacies tend to drift me by. 60fps sounds like a good thing for fight stuff though?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Where's bob and Blands 2 ? Or have Amazon totally fucked up ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    isanbard wrote:
    Nope. It's a bit rough by all accounts. Bad port.
    Rayman wrote:
    [Vita version is good - all the backgrounds and level transitions are intact.

Hmm, sounds like a 'buy it when it's on sale' kinda title. Luckily, it was. Now I just have to get a Vita...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Where's bob and Blands 2 ? Or have Amazon totally fucked up ?

I'm on it! Back soon! So far the intro is very impressive as in it's exactly right!
    The Forum Herald™
  • So far the biggest annoyance is that I keep unintentionally touching the rear pad which makes me melee attack which is annoying when it interrupts the important job of shooting. Could be a game breaker if I can't get used to it.

It looks amazing. The cel shaded graphics look lovely and crisp on the OLED.

I need to fine tune the controls because the sticks are to sensitive on the default setting.

The Forum Herald™
  • That 1001 spikes game is out today. Looks up my alley, anyone played it?
  • Bob wrote:
    So far the biggest annoyance is that I keep unintentionally touching the rear pad which makes me melee attack which is annoying when it interrupts the important job of shooting. Could be a game breaker if I can't get used to it.

It looks amazing. The cel shaded graphics look lovely and crisp on the OLED.

I need to fine tune the controls because the sticks are to sensitive on the default setting.
    I got used to the controls after about an hour - no issue now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Bob wrote:
    So far the biggest annoyance is that I keep unintentionally touching the rear pad which makes me melee attack which is annoying when it interrupts the important job of shooting. Could be

a game breaker if I can't get used to it. It looks amazing. The cel shaded graphics look lovely and crisp on the OLED. I need to fine tune the controls because the sticks are to sensitive on the default setting.
    I got used to the controls after about an hour - no issue now.

You enjoying it ?
  • It's very good. Still swinging my melee but less often. It's literally all there - all crammed in and very playable
    The Forum Herald™
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Change melee to a face button.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Change melee to a face button.
    Yeah but you are always going to have some action mapped to the back.
    I thought it was ace but like the home console version I got bored about half the way through. Will probably come back to it though

• I loved the home version! Will try that though Curtis
    The Forum Herald™
  • Persona 4 and Footbll Manager 2014 are both now under 15
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Picked the knight, played half an hour, and I'm really enjoying Dragon's Crown. It's like a slightly pervy sequel to that cool Capcom (I think) Dungeons and Dragons arcade game from my childhood. Bonus points for the subtle and logical use of the Vita touchscreen. 

Might not be going into that magic shop too often when playing on the train though. Dayum those titties be hypnotic.
  • I'm trying to buy 1001 Spikes but it's not showing up on the store anywhere. Supposedly out today though. Or are these things region specific?
  • 4 Vita games for plus. Happy days. Glad I can now purchase the PS4 offerings in the new store on PS3.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • weadre wrote:
    I'm trying to buy 1001 Spikes but it's not showing up on the store anywhere. Supposedly out today though. Or are these things region specific?

Not released in EU this week.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Last time I looked on Pocket Gamer there wasn't a confirmed UK release date for it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I need someone to get FM for Vita so they can see if it's any good.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    So far the biggest annoyance is that I keep unintentionally touching the rear pad which makes me melee attack which is annoying when it interrupts the important job of shooting.  
    I have encountered this problem in Oddworld Stranger's Wrath. It's incredibly annoying and the only option is swap it for the Scope button which'll be even more annoying! Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
  • @Vastik

Yes. The Rear touch pad wasn't the greatest idea in general.. but it's better than nothing in the absence of L2 and R2.. I have to concentrate on holding the Vita in a slightly uncomfortable, finger in the air, position.

Having said that now I've put a couple of hours into it it really is an excellent conversion.. Just made my way to Clap Traps ship and while there probably is a few less enemies on screen it's still an action packed shooter.. all the essentials are there and so far mines running as smooth as anything.
    The Forum Herald™
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I need someone to get FM for Vita so they can see if it's any good.
    I have done about 10 hrs on it but find it hard to recommend. It's cramped and slow and the database is small so finding good players is difficult if your with a lower league team.
    Worth the £15 punt I would say but not a no brained as per Borderlands 2.

• I didn't try classic mode on PC, always played the full blown version and not sure I could handle less.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    @Vastik Yes. The Rear touch pad wasn't the greatest idea in general.. but it's better than nothing in the absence of L2 and R2..
    I'd have stuck a melee button on the touch screen personally.
  • Which would leave me either firing grenades or my special ability by accident... maybe I'll see if I can switch sprint and melee around? As my left hand doesn't do it so much.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You fuckers having hovering over Blands 2 buy button !!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!