isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    You can do that often with a pause and restart. Mine just went from 6hrs to 3. Some folks suggest it goes quicker if you leave the ps4 off so it dls in rest mode.

Sadly I did the pause restart earlier and got it down to 4hrs then from 8. It had gone back up to 6 when I just checked now.

I hope to play it tomorrow sometime.

Maybe.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • PS Europe have tweeted that any PS Plus member who purchased EGttR at £15.99 will have the missing discount reimbursed.
  • Didn't do anything and it's down to 2 hours left. I'll play tomorrow anyway.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've stopped reading posts. But I am getting this.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Aaaand it's finally here. Took many, many hours but we got there in the end.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    It's PS4 only. I'm confused by what the remaining confusion is.
    What Escape is up to.

Not building a playhouse for the children.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Crikey. Minor thing but turned on the light in a room and marveled for a bit at the realistic reflection of it on the canvas of a painting. You guys weren't lying about that.
  • Mine has downloaded. But it's bedtime after some glorious Rocket League action. Yes, that's aimed at you isanbard.
  • Let's assume you haven't spotted anything that directly indicates your location.

Well it looks like England. Looks a lot like an idyllic English village in fact. Let's listen to some dialogue:

'I've a good mind to write to my MP'

Yep, England. without a doubt.

On another note. Anyone else's PS4 working overtime playing this? Had the same with Ethan Carter.
  • PSN download speeds more awful than usual for anyone else?

I left it  this morning and it was barely pulling down .3 mbs per second. Normally I get around 3mb.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mine took about 3 hours in total, think its just a shitload of people grabbing the same file.
  • Could be. Might have turned out to be a bit more popular than they were expecting and their server provisions were a tad light.

It wasn't really on my radar but the P.T. analogies I came across in a couple of the reviews I skimmed did for me.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ay mine took well over 6 hours. It did smell of a heavily underestimated allocation on their end. Surprising really as it is being pushed heavily in the US as part of their 2015 summer of arcadey exclusive campaign.

Hey ho. It's turned up now so I can watch the icon before it disappears off the active list and back into the unplayed library with the rest of the non-Destiny games. *sigh*

The weather in the theme is luvverly mind.
  • Now now, come on, that's just not true. You play rocket league, and that other game that you were playing yesterday. And baseball. You play plenty of games.
  • Look, he's starting to see his Destiny habit as the problem that it is, don't detract from that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm about to go dangle my bollocks in the rapture lads, wish me well.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If it's 1984, is the Rapture a care home for boys? Maybe Eurythmics are playing on the village green?
  • Off work 'sick' so I'm gonna dive into this now. As long as the pain stays away.
  • Jeez. Update file is downloading at super speed. Last night must've been busy on the line.
  • 313MB in under a minute. Boo yah.
  • VoiceOver is Murican?! Bah.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No Tom Baker?!
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Saying that, you could probably rejig this to make a playable Pertwee episode of Who.

Go to the church; bad dude's always in the church.
  • Put in a few hours earlier, I'm onto the third area. It's intriguing but nowt too great about it. It's ok.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's trying, straining to be meaningful and it hurts my brain in a literal fashion. I'll be bleeding from my nose before you know it well done lads.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And the one American voice actor really does take me out of zone Shropshire everytime I hear it. Feel like I'm in Lost when she has lines.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    It's trying, straining to be meaningful and it hurts my brain in a literal fashion. I'll be bleeding from my nose before you know it well done lads.

tl;dr - there's nothing meaningful to look for that it won't present you with, and you can choose to be moved by a moment or not care, thats up to you, i think it was effective to me because i had an emotional response to what the characters said or did in that moment, rather than trying to figure out what the makers of the game were plotting all along

longer:

actually you dont really have to look for meaning at all, thats one of the things i liked about it, you dont need to (or never will) know the reasons for a lot of things, so dont try, if youre not taken by the human element you probably wont enjoy it because the scifi aspect running through it is inexplicable until it decides to explain itself, the story itself is about more or less regular people in a very unusual circumstance. just take it as it comes rather than trying to figure stuff out

the only thing i found myself actively trying to work out were the exact relationships between the characters but not really their motivations cause they dont really have any except, maybe, the two 'main' characters. i could recognise the characters and their relationships in people ive known in my life too which helped
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The characters ring utterly hollow for me. And I find it hard to stay invested when the characters keep mentioning the birds and other creatures are falling dead but the ambient soundtrack is chock full of birds chirping and singing on a typical rural summers day. Unexplorable homes make me groan. 

Car engines should still be running. The radio and phone recordings are fucking lazy when they already have the light memories. Why didn't they create one with the character talking down the phone to someone? Animate
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I would be filling this town with the memories. Open up the village to exploration right off the bat. Every house you can explore. Have birds falling dead in front of you. Cars crashed into garden walls from when people lost control of them. 

Please give me a brisk walk button.

I liked Dear Esther. I liked A Machine for Pigs. Halfway through this and I'm bored senseless.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!