We're about to get into it... How's yer wallet getting pumped for the next 4 months?
  • That list didn't include indie releases which will be the more original titles. I'm only mgs5 and TTK for now
  • Wasting may well be the operative word. How many games do people tend to buy early on due to hype and good intentions but then not play until they could probably pick it up for a tenner? The only games I think I played to completion from release last gen were Bioshock Infinite and GTA V.
    I'm the opposite. There are so many games that I think "I like the look of that, but I won't have time so I'll pick it up later." I hardly ever do though, so I end up missing out.
    Or do you?

Anyway, this thread isn't really for me. I'm considering a new console of some sort now, but still leaning towards waiting till next year atm. Until then I'll be playing old games on the Vita that appear in PSN sales. Depending on what comes up we could be talking £20-30 between now and Xmas.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    JonB Sensible.

You're right, this thread isn't for you. Now don't come back until you're ready to spend silly money on things you don't have enough time to play.
    Get schwifty.
  • Only games I'm definitely getting Day One are:
    Just Cause 3
    Steamworld Heist

Possibles I very much want:
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Star Wars: DICE fucked servers edition

Also, when/if released:
    No Man's Sky - definite
    The Last Guardian - mayber
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Loved steam world dig. Heist is a definite purchase.
  • Halo 5 £200
    Taken King £36
    Elite Controller £75
    Forza 6 £36
    Star Wars Battlefront £36
    Tomb Raider £36
    Cup head £10
    MGS paid for this morn at £36
    Gears paid for at £26

I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting...

• regmcfly wrote:
    Moot and Muzzy confirming my suspicions that they are the same person - £131 each

Balked at the total, so I'm gonna push Mario back to early next year, which will give the level makers time to hone their skills whilst giving the internet time to point me in the direction of the best stuff via lists.  Won't reduce the price though, sadly, because Nintendo. So I'm at £96, which I can live with.

I'm definitely not Muzzy on the golf course.  Unless he opened his account with a 15 last time he played.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Digi I'm rounding your prices up coz no way this is getting decimals. As said earlier, not sure Witness will be out so not included - £308 assuming you don't need rock band instruments

Shabby - £80 unless you have sad face antipodean numbers

Chump - £49

BORIS SORT YOURSELF OUT

Cocha- again, controllers don't count - £416
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Moot and Muzzy confirming my suspicions that they are the same person - £131 each

Balked at the total, so I'm gonna push Mario back to early next year, which will give the level makers time to hone their skills whilst giving the internet time to point me in the direction of the best stuff via lists.  Won't reduce the price though, sadle, because Nintendo. So I'm at £96, which I can live with.

I'm definitely not Muzzy on the golf course.  Unless he opened his account with a 15 last time he played.

A really interesting thing. Does actually looking at the financial number affect how you feel about this? Now I feel bad for pooing on your winter. Will deductz
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    New running total of shame £4738
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Balked at the total, so I'm gonna push Mario back to early next year, which will give the level makers time to hone their skills whilst giving the internet time to point me in the direction of the best stuff via lists.  Won't reduce the price though, sadle, because Nintendo. So I'm at £96, which I can live with. I'm definitely not Muzzy on the golf course.  Unless he opened his account with a 15 last time he played.
    A really interesting thing. Does actually looking at the financial number affect how you feel about this? Now I feel bad for pooing on your winter. Will deductz

I would've said no before I was staring at a figure over £100.  £100 is a hell of a lot more money than £99. 

Trackmania Turbo owns my Christmas anyway, it's the goose fat roast potatoes of my Yuletide meal, everything else is just the other stuff that's not as good.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Optimark adding £180 to the pot of shame. Shenmue doesn't count coz you won't be playing it ever until 2019

I've paid for (both) Shenmue III ;p

I'll need a PS4 to play it on, obviously.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Just watched a couple of Mad Max videos.  If it all comes together it could be one to watch, hadn't paid any attention to it before it appeared on a few lists in here.  Hopefully they handle the desolate sandy wasteland repetitiveness well, it could get too much over the course of a lengthy campaign.

Edit: OMG the thunderdome is in it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Trackmania Turbo (PS4) - £26
    Mario Maker - £35ish
    Starfox - £35ish
    Fifa 16 (PS3) - hopefully £35ish
    Super Meat Boy (Vita) - FREE!

Got my eye on Firewatch but that can wait until next year unless it reviews outstandingly. Tembo is off the list after the Edge [5].

What about multiplayer Zelda 3DS? We're doing that together aren't we?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm not much of a day one person but:

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3) - £40
    Mario Maker (Wii U) tatless version £40
    Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes (3DS) £35
    Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (WiiU) - £40
    Starfox £40

Starfox depends on reviews, SNES/N64 games were superb, the rest were a bit shit.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm not much of a day one person but:

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3) - £40
    Mario Maker (Wii U) tatless version £40
    Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes (3DS) £35
    Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (WiiU) - £40
    Starfox £40

Starfox depends on reviews, SNES/N64 games were superb, the rest were a bit shit.

It's Platinum.... keep the faith :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • What about multiplayer Zelda 3DS? We're doing that together aren't we?

Forgot that was this year, I'm definitely up for playing it (unless it's shit).  One for Dry January/the 'PHEW!' January pay-cheque?
  • I'm not much of a day one person but: Metal Gear Solid V (PS3) - £40 Mario Maker (Wii U) tatless version £40 Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes (3DS) £35 Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (WiiU) - £40 Starfox £40 Starfox depends on reviews, SNES/N64 games were superb, the rest were a bit shit.
    It's Platinum.... keep the faith :)

I just watched a video and it doesn't seem suited for old school controls, which I was hoping for (just wanted to look at the TV and use the Gampad as a traditional pad with Starfox, tbh).  I reckon it'll be good though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Add me to the list

Just picked up TTK from the Sony store for £40

And Fallout 4 from TGC for £35.60 that's about as cheap as you can get a next gen pre order I think.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Retro - £195
    Boris - £75
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kicked over £5k - £5008
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I rarely preorder tbf, so guessing my total will be around £300 by the end of the year.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Halo 5 £200 Taken King £36 Elite Controller £75 Forza 6 £36 Star Wars Battlefront £36 Tomb Raider £36 Cup head £10 MGS paid for this morn at £36 Gears paid for at £26 I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting...

A ps4
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I rarely preorder tbf, so guessing my total will be around £300 by the end of the year.

It's not necessarily pre orders - just stuff you know you will buy
  • Defo getting:

Fallout 4 - £45
    Halo 5 - £35
    The Taken Kind (Already paid for) - £20
    Tomb Raider - £35

Not sure on:

Starfox - £40
    Mario Maker - £40
    Xenoblade Chronicles X - £40
    Star Wars Battlefront - £35

All the X1 stuff I get from US store so not sure what the price will be, depends on what editions I can get!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What about multiplayer Zelda 3DS? We're doing that together aren't we?

Forgot that was this year, I'm definitely up for playing it (unless it's shit).  One for Dry January/the 'PHEW!' January pay-cheque?

Na, day one! Looking at our lists we'll easily fit it in, plus its Zelda!

January is for the hidden gems in the sales because they only sell 3 copies up against AssCreed, CoD and FIFA.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

It's not necessarily pre orders - just stuff you know you will buy

I listed those and you didn't add anything to the total
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So definitely

Star Wars battlefront
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Steam world Heist
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So another £89 for Boris and £135 for Matty
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Running total £5232

We need to break £10k so I can feel something

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!