Planetside 2 - PS4 - F2PFPSMAGALIKE
‹ Previous1234
  • The closest we're going to get to MAG this generation.  Eurogamer review here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-06-planetside-2-review

Anyone in?  It's free to play and I imagine it would be great with a full squad.

If anyone wants to join me I've gone New Conglomerate on the Ceres server.

PSN ID / Character Name / Server / Faction
    Nexx / Nexxo / Ceres / NC
    DAQster / DAQster / Ceres / NC
    Daviedigi / digi / Ceres / NC
    Bem-Jammin / Djornson / Ceres / NC
    Gombreak / Modernism / Ceres / NC
    Acemuzzy / Acemuzzy / Ceres / NC
    VastikRoot / Vastly / Ceres / NC
    Vicinityofpi / Vicinity / Ceres / NC
  • I tried the beta and couldn't work out how tomato an app move anywere.

Any decent you tube tutorials geared towards ps4 players.
    I could well be in.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The tomato move is only really available after level 20.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Was in the beta too and v managed to get a couple a classes up to 10ish. Would defo like to not have to lone wolf it though.
    Give us a toot if yet firing it up.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • digi wrote:
    Any decent you tube tutorials geared towards ps4 players.

I found this one quite useful:

• Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I started downloading it last week, then i read that the EU PS4 servers had gone kaput and been taken offline until they were "fully fixed". 

Can i assume everything's up & running?
  • Is good fun. But you need a team to make it worthwhile.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Curtis wrote:
    I started downloading it last week, then i read that the EU PS4 servers had gone kaput and been taken offline until they were "fully fixed". 

Can i assume everything's up & running?

Everything seemed fine from the hour that I played last night. There were 3 servers up.

TheDJR wrote:
    @Nexx

What's your PSN?

My PSN ID is nexx
  • Live free in the NC!

Good side/server choice. :) Got to rank 10 in the first couple of days on PS4. Played a lot a lot on my own on PC. Holds up surprisingly well on PS4.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Right then. NC on Ceres you say. Will do. 

I think I've got a Red dude (the middle one iirc?) on a server somewhere but happy to fire on up with some Badgers.
  • Il check this out too, have to add all you guys!
  • Live free in the NC!

Good side/server choice. :) Got to rank 10 in the first couple of days on PS4. Played a lot a lot on my own on PC. Holds up surprisingly well on PS4.

haha thats a bit of a coincidence that we ended up picking the same combination. Was tempted to go Vanu just because their population seems so low.

Anyway, I'll add all you guys later tonight. I'm only lvl 5 at the moment and still in the starter area.
  • I went the middle guys (red) on ceres, rank 8 after a wee try last night.
    Happy to make a new guy if needed.
  • digi wrote:
    I went the middle guys (red) on ceres, rank 8 after a wee try last night.
    Happy to make a new guy if needed.

Pie and myself are NC so I guess it would make sense to make a new guy. It would be good to have everyone on the same side.

• Gonzo wrote:
    F2p, what's the monetisation model?

You can pay to speed up progression and purchase cosmetic items.
  • Nexx wrote:
    Gonzo wrote:
    F2p, what's the monetisation model?

You can pay hundreds of pounds to speed up progression and purchase cosmetic items.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Eurogamer suggested that the monetisation was pretty unobtrusive. You can spend a good amount of time (first 10/15 levels at least?) paying nowt and trying to learn the ropes.
  • Jumping on for a bit now if anyone is around
  • Grrr my 2 weeks free psn has run out and it wony take my cards lol will get psn tomoz.
  • Iv just come off to sort little one out.
    Back later.
  • Iv just come of again after around 6 hours play with tred and chucky, squading up sure makes it a lot better.
    Squading up is also a ballache.

Tred's rank 15 now so got kicked from noob island.
    When its just mayhem everywere its great, when your rolling in a massive convoy of 6 trucks 4 tanks 4 plane type things and loads of quads and infantry and night kicks in it reallly is something else. 

Can see me sinking hundreds of hours into this.
  • Oh and to play with friends you have to add them in game so might be worth having names in op if different from here or psn.
  • Yeah sure, if people can start posting their names I'll update the OP.

PSN ID / Character Name / Server / Faction
    Nexx / Nexxo / Ceres / NC
  • Found a useful website for stats, heres me - http://ps4eu.ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=nexxo

Some interesting population numbers here too - http://ps4eu.ps2.fisu.pw/control/?world=2000

Strange that VS have such a large population disadvantage but good to see 2000+ people on the server.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It has a slightly odd system for party joining. Was trying to meet up with you last night nexxo but the option was greyed out. Dunno if it was the Psn wobble or what. Have you left the intro area nexx? Would that matter?

DAQster/DAQster/Ceres/NC
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It's free. Try it.

I'm not sure it will tickle your tastes but it's worth a shot.
  • What do you know about my tastes?!
  • isanbard wrote:
    It has a slightly odd system for party joining. Was trying to meet up with you last night nexxo but the option was greyed out. Dunno if it was the Psn wobble or what. Have you left the intro area nexx? Would that matter?

DAQster/DAQster/Ceres/NC

To join a party or add a friend you need to use the social menu to add them via name (in game name) psn add doesn't work yet (the next patch fixes a lot of these according to the reddit thread).

To join a party the party leader has to make sure there's space for you (12 to a party).
    Joining player has to leave his party as your auto assigned a party.
    Social >squad >press square.
    Invites appear on bottom right when received and it's a swipe left to accept on the touch pad.

Daviedigi/daviedigi/Ceres/vb

I intend to make

Daviedigi/digi/Ceres/NC today.
  • isanbard wrote:

Yeah I saw your friend request but couldn't figure out how to join you. Sent you a squad invite too but not sure if you got it.

The starter area is instanced so we could have been on different versions of the map which is why we couldn't join each other.

I'll be playing tonight from around 8 on the proper continents if anyone is around.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!