Planetside 2 - PS4 - F2PFPSMAGALIKE
  • Wow so far i have no idea what the fuck, not even seen an enemy
  • is this good? I want to give it a go but the beta was a little slow solo
    formally Gold Lazuli.

PSN: Gombreak.
  • Watching Rave play this earlier, the main impression I got from the game was

"Fuck you, why should I tell you anything? Go on, fuck off and play something else you prick. Jesus, you're still here? How about I throw this shit at you that you couldn't possibly deal with? How about that dickhead? That's right, exit to dashboard, its the button in the middle. Twat."
  • UI seems a lot better than it was when i last played. Having fun solo!
    formally Gold Lazuli.

• Having played this myself, I can confidently declare it to be a massive pile of bullshit, and frankly it can go fuck itself.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Oooh new top tip! Turn off the VChat options for increased big battle framerates. 

Seems that you get increasing hits to performance as the client has to process proximity/squad chat at a high clip when the fan is spraying the smelly stuff in a big encounter. Since we seem to mainly be playing in a Badger squad generally it's no great loss to have American kids shouting out or some background noises being piped through the camera mic. 
    If you go to the start menu options and R1 over to the Vchat just turn it off. Seems it holds up a noticeably better 30fps during the fights with this disabled. It's a bit of a shame as hearing some of the international proximity salt is part of the fun really.

In other news a good bit of practice yesterday I'm almost safe-ish to fly folks about the map. Maybe.. I've got the first flying APC unlocked. The inaugural flight on DAQster Airways was however nobbled just a touch by my (the tenacious pilot of choice) PS2 client crashing to dash mid flight. Ho. Ho. Much fun as I was still in party chat and OberLeutnant Nexxo had time to jump into the cockpit and take over..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Having played this myself, I can confidently declare it to be a massive pile of bullshit, and frankly it can go fuck itself.

Hard to argue with this. It is a pretty awesome pile of bullshit though.
  • I'll give it a go with.a bunch of badgers. But its so fucking obtuse. It's refusal to tell you anything - anything at all will cost it a lot of players who would otherwise love it. Maybe players who would be willing to pay, if only they had the first fucking clue what was going on.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Should i go the same server / side as you lot then? Are they both prerequisites for teaming up?
    I was just wondering what faction / server you lot have gone for too.
    Name faction by colour please as I have no idea what they're called!
  • Vastik wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Should i go the same server / side as you lot then? Are they both prerequisites for teaming up?
    I was just wondering what faction / server you lot have gone for too. Name faction by colour please as I have no idea what they're called!

From the OP:

Nexx / Nexxo / Ceres / NC
    DAQster / DAQster / Ceres / NC
    Daviedigi / digi / Ceres / NC
    Bem-Jammin / Djornson / Ceres / NC

That's New Conglomerate, i don't know what colour i think maybe blue, the dudes that look like your standard corporate military 'good guys' but probably the most evil fuckers around.
  • From the descriptions I found on IGN, they are probably the nearest to 'good' guys.

Terran Republic are the authoritarian faction, who wish to regain contact with the homeworld, and want to bring the other factions under control.

Vanu Sovereignty are a technological cult, who want to use the alien technology to further humanity.

New Conglomerate are separatist rebels who wish to be free of the Republic. They feel that any form of control is oppression and that a miserable free man is better off than a contented slave.
  • ...its so fucking obtuse. It's refusal to tell you anything - anything at all will cost it a lot of players who would otherwise love it. Maybe players who would be willing to pay, if only they had the first fucking clue what was going on.
    In the long run, this may be it's greatest strength though. Keeps the mongs out.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    ...its so fucking obtuse. It's refusal to tell you anything - anything at all will cost it a lot of players who would otherwise love it. Maybe players who would be willing to pay, if only they had the first fucking clue what was going on.
    In the long run, this may be it's greatest strength though. Keeps the mongs out.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
  • There is a difference between providing little feedback, allowing people to figure things out for themselves and requiring you to revise to play a game. It's bad design.
  • I wouldn't want every game to be like that, but it's good to have huge multiplayer games like this that are really obtuse. To get the best out of them you're going to need a squad of friends to help you out, and as that's pretty much the whole point of the game then it's probably no bad thing.
    The worst it'll do is discourage solo players who'll quickly fuck off back to their arena shooter of choice.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gombreak / Modernism / Ceres / NC
    formally Gold Lazuli.

• isanbard wrote:
    The inaugural flight on DAQster Airways was however nobbled just a touch by my (the tenacious pilot of choice) PS2 client crashing to dash mid flight. Ho. Ho. Much fun as I was still in party chat and OberLeutnant Nexxo had time to jump into the cockpit and take over..

this was a lot of fun, as was more or less the entire session.
    formally Gold Lazuli.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Acemuzzy / Ceres / NC
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Had another go on this, new character so I can join you lot if I ever happen to be on at the right time.

Had fun capturing bases, got to level 6, hope it gets more interesting outside the training area.

VastikRoot / Vastly / Ceres / NC
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    There seems to be 2 currencies in this - is one only available through real money? Or can you buy new weapons etc just through playing?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Welcome aboard Vastik! Should be on again at some point to day so will keep an eye out. 

The opening is small and limited in scope. The idea seems to be that you use it literally to learn what button does what and then move out (via the main warpgate) to the real game where area control then leads eventually to owning a continent etc etc. 

There are two currencies for that yeah. One (Battlecash) is available with real money and can buy guns and vehicles. Teh other currency (Certs) is acquired ingame from killing, taking points etc etc.. You get 1 cert for every 250xp iirc. You can also buy boosts and bonuses to make this faster. 

I believe there was supposed to be a big server update last night at 11ish but I didn't see it before I went to bed. It has had a bit of trouble launching in the US so they may have delayed it a touch? Yet to fire it up so can't be sure. 

It adds quite a bit of fixes and help by all accounts. There should now be some ingame achievements that guide newbies a bit and give them some targets to aim for. There should also now be Outfits; better organised squads basically. We could have a Badger squad and hold it together better perhaps? With that  comes a squad spawn that will now actually dump you into the fight that Nexx is currently slaughtering people in so you can more easily try and pick up some of his scraps and steal some of his kills. *cough*
    They also promised simple things like a much faster map and other UI stuff. As Pi mentioned on the PC you can pop it quick and check. In this PS4 old version trying to scope out the map while flying is a dangerous experiment in falling out the sky flaming death usually... 

Ah poop now I want to see if it's updated!

AndySites on Twitter (Gamedev) says that the EU update has been delayed until they sort out a spawn crash issue that the Yanks have been having.
  • I think the EU patch got delayed as it caused some unexpected problems on the US servers.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Indeed. They've had a chat with Sony and they're happy to expedite the fixes apparently. Sounds promising though.. Yanks are saying some good stuff about the patch. Faster UI, Maps etc etc.
  • So how long before this is on the Bone?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cheers for the games Nexx and DAQster, it's still bewildering but it's nice to have company. It's very MAG, spliced with a little Battlefield. I'm not sure I can be bothered to get into it, seems a bit too hardcore for my liking.

It also needs Destiny style dance moves and gestures. In fact every MP FPS needs them from now on.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Big patch now live here in the EU. Broke the hell out of the US servers when it was launched but they delayed the roll-out here in civilised society, fiddled with it a bit and here we are.. 

We now got Outfits (set squads to join up with from the off) and some Directives for newbies (early guiding achievement things (like kill dudes with gun/vehicle A/B/C) that award some certs/xp)

It'll probably break all manner of new stuff but they have said that the UI & Maps run faster at least.
  • The Bear and Badger outfit is now up and running.  We even took a base:

llm2t.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can you create private, persistent, squads in this? Just thinking that it would be pretty cool if when you took control of a base, your factions flag is raised, but your squad emblem is also raised below it, for as long as it remains in your factions control.

Is that what the picture above depicts?
  • How do i join the outfit then chaps? Been playing this all afternoon and the new mini-objective/quests are great. Map is way snappier too.
    formally Gold Lazuli.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Can you create private, persistent, squads in this? Just thinking that it would be pretty cool if when you took control of a base, your factions flag is raised, but your squad emblem is also raised below it, for as long as it remains in your factions control. Is that what the picture above depicts?

That's pretty much it Goobs indeed. The Bear was raised and only the enemy can get it taken down. I think Nexx and I are the ones who could send out invites for now so I'll try to get any and all sent out tomorrow. I should be on again around the GP.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!