Yoshi
  • Wrong thread mate.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have an incredibly short attention span, and the fact this game has kept my interest so long is testament to how good it is, but the last few levels on world 5 are starting to piss me off. So close to the end now I'm gonna persevere (probably) but it might be a while before I go for a re-run to collect everything I missed.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've been away, but this was what I plated with rare geek time yesterday. 2-S down, up to 3-4 with a few flowers missing. Hopefully 3-S tonight. Then onwards.
  • Anyone playing this on co-op?  Is it best played alone or does the two player mode work well?
  • Two player mode just involves you eating each other and stomp on each other
  • I don't suppose you can turn the friendly fire off for Serious Gaming?
  • What does the woollen Amibo do that came with my copy of the game and where am I meant to use?  Is there a sub menu or something?
  • It's much better in 1p imo moot. Its no DK or NSMB.

I don't like the fact there's no penality for death, a bit like like Rayman and Kirby.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Plop it on you get an AI version of P2 yoshi.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    3s is annoying!

Not quite there yet - all levels done but a few flowers need mopping up - mainly on the mobile level.  Quite enjoyed the birdy things, it's nice that there's still a few more bits added to the mix.  Overall though, very easy, even the flower hunting really, but a nice, enjoyable stroll of a platformer, and I guess it may still heat up...
  • Plop it on you get an AI version of P2 yoshi.

Not AI, you control both at the same time.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I hadn't noticed the aurora borealis on world five before today. It's all really beautiful and everything but it feels quite unseasonal to be listening to twinkly christmassy music this time of year.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    SPOILERZ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone playing this on co-op?  Is it best played alone or does the two player mode work well?

Two player is excellent if the second player is a child.  It's rubbish if you want to play "properly".  

It renders you pretty much invincible as you come straight back so long as the other player is still in the game.  And if you run out of balls of yarn you can always just swallow the other player and fire them instead.  (Particularly handy for getting hard to reach wool and flowers).  But there's significantly less challenge involved, and can get a bit frustrating if one of you is intent on getting a high score, and the other just thinks eating Yoshi is hilarious.

It's definitely in keeping with the 2 player in, say, Kirby - where it's almost explicitly a "Parent and child mode".
  • It's literally in the trailer!
  • I've not played it yet, but my wife said she had a go last night and likes it, but is rubbish, so we'll have to play two player.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    It's literally in the trailer!

A trailer I deliberately avoided in case it gave the plot away!
  • Shit I can't believe the ending has
    Spoiler:

Nylon.
  • I am waiting for the PVC DLC.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    3s is annoying!

Got there now, and kinda enjoyed it in a masochistic way... that's the first 135 flowers got - half way I guess! - so on to world 4 (well, tomorrow...).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The highlight of 3-S was in fact the doodle somebody had drawn on their pad that showed up before: "At least 3-S is less annoying than Tony Abbott".  Strong.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone playing this on co-op?  Is it best played alone or does the two player mode work well?
    Two player is excellent if the second player is a child.  It's rubbish if you want to play "properly".   It renders you pretty much invincible as you come straight back so long as the other player is still in the game.  And if you run out of balls of yarn you can always just swallow the other player and fire them instead.  (Particularly handy for getting hard to reach wool and flowers).  But there's significantly less challenge involved, and can get a bit frustrating if one of you is intent on getting a high score, and the other just thinks eating Yoshi is hilarious. It's definitely in keeping with the 2 player in, say, Kirby - where it's almost explicitly a "Parent and child mode".

Cheers tin.  Won't bother with co-op then.  Probably the reason I disliked Epic Yawn.
  • Played the first four levels in co-op with my wife. At first she got annoyed any time I swallowed her, but she quickly realised it's necessary at times.

She was on the Gamepad and I was using a Wiimote. I had control over where I could aim by rotating the controller, but hers just automatically went up and down.

Any way to change that to manual aim on the Gamepad?
  • This clicked tonight.

Its actually quite tough to 100% the levels, or at least it gets harder earlier. Basically like for like World 1 on this is tougher than YI SNES.

What is easier is being able to accumulate the collectibles over multiple playthroughs. The SNES one was a bastard to get everything only to take a hit and lose your 100 ranking.

Its literally at the top end of just having few enough collectables before its goes to far and I lose interest.

Like the SNES it has the 5 Flowers, 20 red coins (replaced here by stamps) and hit points (20 here 30 SNES). On top of those this game adds the 5 balls of wool per level.

Its still no YI but that game will probably never be matched on its own standards, this is however the best Yoshi game since, my quite a margin.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm enjoying it, doing 2-3 levels a night. Up to world 4 atm, but have only 100% world 1. I aim to go back and complete as much as I can before moving any further.
  • This ain't good, its bloody superb!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is now a thread about my cat
  • Vote supported, vote carried.
  • Went back to this today after almost a year away, don't know why I stopped playing. I'm currently forcing myself to complete my Pile O' Shame before spending anymore money on games.

Its bloody excellent, played it for 4hrs this afternoon, I'm at the end of World 2 with all the main levels 100%. 

Gonna save the unlocked special stages til last.

If you own a Wii U and like platformers, which most of us do, then this is pretty much a must have for the system.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!