Nintendo Switch
  • If Astral Chain is a) decent and b) co-op I might be in, preferably couch but presumably online (if at all).  I played through their Turtles game, mostly in co-op but partly in sp and if you haven't played it please take my word for it - Platinum's scrub-tier is Godawful.
  • JonB wrote:
    Link's Awakening is great news. I've never played it before and always thought it sounded really intriguing.

Astral Chain I'm not convinced by. Looks like b-tier Bayo. 

And Fire Emblem just looks like a completely different game to the last one I played so I've no idea. It's good that they're not just remaking the same game over and over. Hopefully it retains the same core quality in the actual battles.

Need to look into the rest, but those seem like the ones that would be most my sort of thing.
    So yeah, I think Bloodstained is actually looking pretty good now. Daemon X is a possible.

I doubt I'll bother with DQ Builders 2 after having played loads of the first one. And Mario Maker? Depends if I've got the time to put into it, I think.
  • Overall the direct was heavy on manga style rpgs tbh

Not saying that’s a bad thing but if Grid hasn’t shown up it would’ve looked a bit one dimensional
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Mario maker 2 hype though. My YouTube channel just went nuts
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I really enjoyed that Direct. Best part for me was discovering that the Rune Factory series is not in fact dead and that we’re also getting a 4 remaster this year. I must have put hundreds of hours into that on 3DS, so that’s a day oner for me.

Astral Chain looked like arse, Zelda looked great and my interest is piqued by Harry Potter x Fire Emblem. Yoshi looked adorable and DQXI is shaping up nicely.

As for FFIX, that’s a bit too pricey at the moment for my liking, but will definitely pick it up in a sale.
    Get schwifty.
  • Horizon chase turbo has gotten a bit Grindy it’s taken me ages to earn enough points to unlock World five grinding out improved results
    The Forum Herald™
  • I started to notice that yesterday, had to earn three more stars to unlock the third area.  Doesn't bode well for completion for me, I'm generally not a fan of stuff like that.  Addictive though, but I'm guessing as the difficulty slider goes up the enjoyment slider goes down.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Links Awakening looked lush.

Missed the first bit. Any 3DS stuff??

The 3ds is dead. Let it die in peace muzzy.

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP YOUNG MAN. I've bought four 3ds games in the last month alone, and booted up Samus Returns for the first time last night. It's alive and well.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I started to notice that yesterday, had to earn three more stars to unlock the third area.  Doesn't bode well for completion for me, I'm generally not a fan of stuff like that.  Addictive though, but I'm guessing as the difficulty slider goes up the enjoyment slider goes down.

Me neither, my only hope
    Is that unlocking new cars will make it easier to earn golds going back to earlier tracks
    The Forum Herald™
  • Can't help but be dissapointed in the lack of Prime Trilogy HD, that'll teach me to read into rumours too much.

Links Awakening will be great but the NES games were more in need of a remake than that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • When's Final Fantasy VII out? Only IX is on the eshop atm.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Odd.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cindemon wrote:
    My fear with FE is, for me, the series has got worse since Awakening, with to much "tacked" on shit.
    Very
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Played a bit of ff9 a few years ago, never having played it back in the day
    Thought it was terrible
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • cindemon wrote:
    My fear with FE is, for me, the series has got worse since Awakening, with to much "tacked" on shit.
    Very

I mean, hasn't there just been one core game released since Awakening? One that was, by most accounts, pretty identical to Awakening? I don't see the issue.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Links Awakening looked lush.

Missed the first bit. Any 3DS stuff??

The 3ds is dead. Let it die in peace muzzy.

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP YOUNG MAN. I've bought four 3ds games in the last month alone, and booted up Samus Returns for the first time last night. It's alive and well.

I think the says more about your purchasing habits than the lifespan of the 3ds
  • JonB wrote:
    So yeah, I think Bloodstained is actually looking pretty good now.

What makes you say that? Was it shown or talked about later etc?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thanks
  • Wow, how come none of the others in here mentioned it?! Crazy. 

Does look good, and summer 2019 release. Hope no delays.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    Very

I mean, hasn't there just been one core game released since Awakening? One that was, by most accounts, pretty identical to Awakening? I don't see the issue.

What FE game was that?

I should add, there is a few systems they float around with in FE. Marriage for example, prior to Awakening, has not been used since FE:4 I think.

I think what I want is just a pure strategy game without yet another dimensional malarkey ref your kids fighting with you, dungeons to explore or castles to build shiz, unless it adds to the story & makes sense. Also, no more cynical you need to own this version for it all to make sense.

Just give me pure strategy without the added fluff. I admit, it's not what ever FE fan wants, but it's what I would I like. Selfish I know, but hey, it's what I would like.

Also, whilst here I would rather the dev team would make a new Advance Wars or a proper Switch Warioware, again selfish, sorry.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fates. Echoes is a remake of Gaiden
  • Fates had the base protection/management stuff, which certainly didn't add to it.

Edit: Or improve it, rather.
  • Dungeon crawling is another pet hate ref FE. Would prefer skirmishes to level personally.
  • I like the look of new fire emblem, kind of reminds me of Valkyrie chronicles 2. Can’t understand the whole house alliance thing though, is that for things like your troops who aren’t your school chums? Or extra units? Or even story paths?
  • It'll be story paths. I think the voiceover indicated that you'd choose to teach the students of a particular house, which I imagine will spin out into wider conflicts between the three kingdoms as the game goes on.
  • Seeing the new FE in flow gave me anxiety, just knowing full well I don't even have a tenth of the time required to fully learn everything about it and enjoy it. Warriors was enough for me.
  • I love Awakening but if Mutant Year Zero gets a port I might stick with that for my tactics, there's a lot coming out this year and I don't seem to be keen on FE visuals if the characters have feet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!