Halostock 2
  • I can't do the 22nd :( important project go live at work boooooo
  • Nexx wrote:
    Alright, my last shot at making this work. Weekend of August 1st isn't going to work, nothing is available this close. I'm having better luck with the weekend of August 22nd though. I've found this place who have confirmed that the date is available and that they have no problems with us using the tv and internet - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/6272867 Does work out at £1000 for the weekend though, which if we can get 10 would mean £100 per person or £125 if we can get 8. I think me, Billy, Vere, Cosby, Shyam, Dante and Tiger indicated that this date would potentially be ok but I know that some of that was caveated based on the price. Let me know what you guys think. May need to move quick if people are still up for it.

I'm down for that!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Although it might be better to move to September and let everyone choose dates again?
  • Listen

Let's do proper notice.

I can probably do October. Yes that's far away but we'll get more choice, it'll be damn cheaper and it gives me like 2 months to work on Sylvia.

Plus we can get a place with a fire, and we can turn it into a real death cottage.
  • Yes there's a risk that we all forget - but I say use the momentum to book it like, now (I'll pay up now even if I can't go in the end), whammy say
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think that somebody paying up front is the only way that this will happen.
  • Works for me. I have no problems with paying upfront.

Pick dates here - http://doodle.com/autv22izspstw4ut
  • Everyone going should pay up front if possible...
  • I can contribute my share right away. Divide overall cost by 8 or something, until we get more confirms.

Just checking with S for dates but reckon I could do most weekends in October, will fill in survey soon.
  • Just let me know as I'm up for it.
  • Fill in dem dates Beresford! http://doodle.com/autv22izspstw4ut
  • Right I can do early October weekends. Filling in survey thing now. 9th and 10th is probably best.
  • Why is it all friday + saturday now? I've already booked a shit ton of holiday in October.
  • FUCK YEA to get people in the mood i've dug up the old forum montages -

HALOL 3

HALOL REACH

I love Destiny but you gotta look at those vids and be in awe of how awesome those days were!
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Fuck Destiny, Halol's ftw!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    This came up at a recent mini meet so time to bump with a view to actually getting something booked. Feedback so far shows the weekends of 9th-10th & 16th-17th October have the most availability - though these are Friday/Saturday dates, should we be looking at Saturday/Sunday?

Would it be worth setting a deadline for people to register their interest - say two weeks - then we book something accordingly? Someone pays up front, everyone contributes and it's sorted.

If we're still looking at cottage type places then I'm sure we could accommodate an extra 1-2 people in the event the availability for some changes at the last minute.
  • I could go for some October action. Nothing before then I'm flat out.
  • Friday/Saturday is a no go for me, i've booked all my holiday this year.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, I'm assuming it should be Saturday/Sunday. Maybe @Nexx can update the choices?
  • From speaking to potential venues the majority require 2 nights. Check in on Friday and check out on Sunday made the most sense to me. Just treat it as the weekend of that date range.
  • If people live/work in London then leaving straight after work on the Friday could be ok maybe?
  • Listen you shits I don't mind taking on more responsibility for this - those of us who can afford both the time off and the two nights can offer to do so, the proles can show up on Saturday and pay their share.

I don't anticipate turning up before pretty fucking late on Friday evening anyway, not taking actual days off work for this.

Can only do the earlier weekend I think.
  • Where exactly are we looking at doing this then? As I don't drive it's likely to be a ballache to get to.
  • I say we just find a place for the weekend of the 10th and book it. We have enough interested to justify it and we can figure out who can and can't go after. All of the uncertainty over the date is what is making this difficult to arrange.
  • Yes

I vote yes to this plan
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    From speaking to potential venues the majority require 2 nights. Check in on Friday and check out on Sunday made the most sense to me. Just treat it as the weekend of that date range.

OK, cool. Sure I could head up after work on the Friday.

So we're now looking at weekend of 9th-11th October? Leave it open for a couple of weeks for others to join and then find somewhere based on those numbers?

No specific location at the minute but I think suggestions so far have been around the Bristol/Gloucester area. Probably sensible picking somewhere like that with a major/easily accessible train station for those not driving. Hopefully someone with a car could pick others up from the station then.

I could likely get the car for the weekend and drive from London for those that want a lift.

EDIT: Ah progress since typing that. Also agree.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I would like to join if people are willing to accept payment in back issues of Edge magazine and empty whisky bottles.
  • book dat shizzle nexx go for something not massive tho so no 16 bed places or whatever :)
  • Yes - worst (best?) case scenario we can always bring an inflatable mattress or whatever (I've got a really comfortable double hint hint)

I reckon 8-10 bedder?
  • Weekend of the 10th is a goer for me, i can bring whiskey and back rubs to the party.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!