Day Of The Tentacle (Remaster coming this year)
  • Sorry didn't see that! Doh!

Having watched the short 'making of' video on DF's YouTube page I can't wait to play this again - I'm saving it for my flight to NYC in June - hopefully there'll be USB in the seats so I can keep my Vita charged!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This has just been released on iOS. I'm downloading it right now. Currently playing through Grim Fandango, but I think this will be up next. As much as I'm enjoying GF, it's yet to take the crown of bestest LucasArts game evar! from this.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just completed this. Excellent stuff. Still my favourite LucasArts game (Grim Fandango was great, but there was too much flab, and not that many really great solutions), but it is also also my favourite LucasArts remaster. The new graphical style used in the Monkey Island remasters just felt wrong, and Grim Fandango's update was good, but still felt a little rough around the edges. With this, the graphics felt true to the original and looked entirely up to date. The only small issue I have with it on iOS is that pressing and holding on the screen brings up the verb wheel unless you're in a cut scene in which case it skips the cut scene without asking for confirmation, so I did skip a few cutscenes by attempting to interact with things before they had ended, but other than that, this was pretty much perfect.

Oh, while I'm here, I would also like to put in a mention for the Universal Hint System website. This has guides for all of the LucasArts games that I've checked, but each step is given a set of hints before coming out and telling you what you need to do. For the most part, when I've been stuck on these games, this site has helped me to work out what to do for myself rather than simply handing me the answer.

Now, fingers crossed that Disney relent and let Gilbert use the Monkey Island IP and he hands the first two games over to Double Fine to be updated in the same way that this was.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!