Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    You'd probaby hate it G cos it's on PC and also it's very lofi and just not your thing I would guess.
    In what sense?
    Functionally it is 90% text with the graphics being pretty but largely static. Combat is very rudimentary, there is no speech, that kind of thing. Austere would perhaps serve, but the text is lush. Re: secrets. Like other things, they often have multiple uses so save a few for port stories etc
    Ahar, ta.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Everyone stopped playing this then? I just started playing again after two weeks in Germany. It's awesome. I now have 8000. Could buy a new ship but i'm a bit worried i won't be able to fill it with fuel or something.
  • I took a break for essays but then Monster Hunter happened so I'm not sure when I'll get back to it. Probably during summer, when I can give it the attention it deserves.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Should have stayed in pc thread where it belonged.
  • I suspect if i die again i wont play it for a while. Fuck knows how many hours have gone into this captain's career. 

I set sail with a small piece of paper and a pen, while taking notes of what places and events need what items. Makes it a lot easier to plot the optimum route, and there can be no big risks since i've a lot to lose.
  • Saved up enough to buy the frigate for 15,000, but in the end decided to buy the cargo ship for half that price. I'm more of a trader than a fighter. However, now every round trip sees me losing 500-700 gold, where as before i was returning with a 400+ profit. Down to my last 4,000. If i don't find a way to make this profitable i'm going to have to buy back my shitty starting ship.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You're not really more of a trader if you're losing 400 on every trip now are you?
  • More like Father Christmas right now
  • I have a slightly upgraded engine, and the fuel suppressor thing that means i can max out the engines without risk of fire. I think this is a bit inefficient with fuel, but if i don't do it the ship moves so fucking slowly that i'd spend twice the money on supplies and have to cut short my trade route due to terror rising too quickly. This works out as even more expensive. 

Really have to find a solution soon, but i'm reluctant to look up any exploits as i've figured it all out myself up until this point.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah I remember reading in one of the recent updates they've nerfed the payoff of trade runs. It isn't meant to be a big part of the game according to them.

Also something about tweaks to enemy AI so there's little finesse in combat now. It's either you have a good enough ship to kill something or you run away.
  • ffs. That must be a recent update as my pre-purchase research indicated that the cargo ship was basically the best in the game.
  • This is great, I'm still on my first captain but I've had a couple of hairy moments.
  • My third captain is faring well, I'm about to attempt a risky but potentially profitable move.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!