Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Just played the first hour with my kids, I've been made to promise that I won't continue without them, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep that promise.
  • Started this last night - immediately switched to tank controls. Score is brilliant, and unlike last time (when I was about 12) I'm actually enjoying all of the dialogue
  • I got it as a gift today. The Linux port works well, except for the new graphics (I switched to the original visuals and the game runs fine).
    I've only checked out the the intro and played for a few minutes. I think I'll enjoy this.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    How's everyone getting on with this? Have you been reunited Meché yet?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I'm getting on, struggling to get my union card.
  • I'm having trouble convincing myself to buy it.
  • I'm waiting for £7 or PS+.  Looking forward to it though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    I'm getting on, struggling to get my union card.

The bees and the coroner? Man... I loved that game.
    There should be more games like it.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Anyone try the Vita version?
  • Finished it a few weeks ago - loved it, barring a few of the more obscure puzzles that got me the first time around (when I was about 13) - Also didn't really appreciate the voice work/script until I replayed it this time (again, probably lost on my 13 year old self.)
  • bogard wrote:
    Anyone try the Vita version?

Just tried it. Runs fine, touch controls seem intuitive and well implemented and the small screen does a good job of hiding some of the rougher graphical elements compared to playing on a largish tv.

If I ever do get back on this it'll be my version of choice.
  • Lol, inevitable caveat time: tried to save and it hung for 5 full minutes, restarted the game x2 and the same thing happened.

I guessed it might have to do with the game trying to upload somewhere for cross-platform save purposes, signed out of PSN and it now saves normally.
  • I'm super stuck, I know the plan just can't action it.
    Spoiler:
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I've given up on Machinarium. I only completed Samarost after regularly consulting a FAQ. Some of the puzzles make sense, but the heavy reliance in these games on solutions that make sense after the fact just reeks of shitty game design. They look lovely, sure, but if completion of anything requires on arbitrarily working through combinations of clicks and finally thinking, "Oh, right, I see," then it can feck off.

Riven is amazing. The puzzles seem really rather baffling at first, but providing you pay attention to everything in the world, think laterally and logically to connect seemingly unrelated things together (and make plenty of notes :) ) then you can make sense of it all.

I haven't completed it yet though... I got quite far in a while ago but I got to a bit that I just couldn't piece together at the time.

Amazing, super atmospheric game, the best of it's kind IMO (AFAIK).
  • It does have moments that are likely to leave people at a dead-end though, like that door. Even that isn't much of a problem if you really pay attention to the environment leading up to that bit.
  • indigo wrote:
    bogard wrote:
    Anyone try the Vita version?
    Just tried it. Runs fine, touch controls seem intuitive and well implemented and the small screen does a good job of hiding some of the rougher graphical elements compared to playing on a largish tv. If I ever do get back on this it'll be my version of choice.

Good to hear. Probably the version to get.

Confession time. I bought this for PC years ago, but never finished it. Should I feel ashamed?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Why did no one tell me that this is now out on iOS (and Android)? You've all let me down.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is out now on iOS (and Android)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You had your chance, it's too late now, I'm leaving the forum.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!