Top 100 best selling games in the UK in 2014...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Or a big wank.

Edit - not at verecocha.

Probably half and half

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fair nuff. Interestingly that's what I call a wank when I change hands midway through.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Or a big wank. Edit - not at verecocha.

I've been called worse...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lols.

Tbf been a lot of change this year, career and personal life so gaming has only recently picked up again. And I have played quite a few smaller download only games that wouldn't appear on the list too.
  • I've played 25. Some however, like COD Ghosts, I played for about an hour and then swiftly gave back to my friend.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Complaining about Wiiu having multiformats / third parties? Madness.
    Less a complaint, more a measure of my ignorance of what's going on nowadays. The fact I've played just 2 of 100 games probably indicates as much. I don't even know what half these games are.
  • Counting games that I played for more than an hour or so, my total is 18. If I needed to have played quite a bit, that will come down quite a bit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • OK, counting only games that I have played a fair amount of, my total is 10.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Oh dear, the only one's I've not played are the One exclusives, so that's erm, 7 not played oh and the Frozen game, never seen that.

So I've played 92 :/

Damn I need to get out more.

EDIT - if you only count games I've played "properly", say, for more than an hour, then it comes down to about 40 ish.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • Played 5. Only 2 to completion/lots.

Have another 5 through live sales/freebies to try.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • darkglobe wrote:
    Oh dear, the only one's I've not played are the One exclusives, so that's erm, 7 not played oh and the Frozen game, never seen that.

So I've played 92 :/

Damn I need to get out more.

I don't reckon I managed that when I was pirating the shit out of the OG Xbox!

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • darkglobe wrote:
    Oh dear, the only one's I've not played are the One exclusives, so that's erm, 7 not played oh and the Frozen game, never seen that. So I've played 92 :/ Damn I need to get out more. EDIT - if you only count games I've played "properly", say, for more than an hour, then it comes down to about 40 ish.

Holy shit darkglobe!
  • Facewon wrote:
    darkglobe wrote:
    Oh dear, the only one's I've not played are the One exclusives, so that's erm, 7 not played oh and the Frozen game, never seen that. So I've played 92 :/ Damn I need to get out more.
    I don't reckon I managed that when I was pirating the shit out of the OG Xbox!
    Yeah, it's only due to the job to be honest, various events and meetings etc where we play this stuff.  

I remember the good old R4 DS days, probably got through several hundred that year helped by being unemployed at the time too.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm in the mid 20s. Jeez. With another half dozen already in my PoS...
  • Played all of or bits of 8 (Fifa 15, GTAV, MK8, Rayman Legends, Sonic Racing Transformed, NSMBU, Mario 3D World, played a Trials Fusion demo in GAME) but I own Sonic Generations so I'm counting 9.  How is that still selling?
  • Skate 3 at 69? Am I missing something? A game from 2010 just popping in there because it's quite good.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • If the 3DS is such a success, what games are people buying for all these consoles?  NSMB2 at no.87.  I'd imagine carts sell far more than downloads for the go-to youngster handheld?
  • JonB wrote:
    I've played 2, assuming GTAV includes the original release as well. The other was Souls 2.

Is there a single non-Mario themed WiiU or 3DS game in there at all?

Woohoo,thought I was bad with 4!

[quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The kids in my school love it. There's a wee resurgence with skateboarding and scootering going on and it was the last real skateboarding game. But aye, 12-13 y.o.s go nuts for that shit

Edit - at old hambone
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Skate 3 at 69? Am I missing something? A game from 2010 just popping in there because it's quite good.

Yeah, wtaf? Were they selling copies for a pound or something, somewhere? Or perhaps you only need to sell something like 12 copies in a year to get that high.  I bet sales figures outside of the top ten or so would make quite interesting reading.  I'd like to see them as I guess it may be quite an eye opener especially when I'm still seeing occasional headlines about how games are the biggest earners - and even more than movies, honest - evarrrr!
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Skate 3 at 69? Am I missing something? A game from 2010 just popping in there because it's quite good.

PewDiePie did a thing about it and everyone went cray cray for it.
  • IanHamlett wrote:

YouTube.

Game actually asked EA to start producing it again such was the demand. It's been a fixture in the All Formats top 40 the entire year.
  • Yeah, wtaf? Were they selling copies for a pound or something, somewhere?

£20. It's actually now gone up to £25 in the last month or so.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If the 3DS is such a success, what games are people buying for all these consoles?  NSMB2 at no.87.  I'd imagine carts sell far more than downloads for the go-to youngster handheld?

Nintendo are almost non existent in the UK, its by far their weakest region out of the big established European markets. Its probably not far off MS in Japan.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Game actually asked EA to start producing it again such was the demand.

I wonder, at what scale do these things have to be made to be cost effective? Is it really a hardship, at your CD/DVD making factory, to do a run with some different data?

I was thinking about this last night as I raked about eBay for old consoles. Given that there's a Tesco Value DVD player for £20, can it really be that hard for Sony to be rattling off a few PSones? There seems to be at least a degree of demand.
  • Which is odd, given how dominant the DS was.

Edit - @Retroking.
  • I wish the 3DS had a bigger presence. There are so few games for it, but the good games they have are so good.
  • Which is odd, given how dominant the DS was.

Edit - @Retroking.

The handheld market really has taken a hit with phones/tablets.

GB (inc GBC) sold 118.69m
    GBA 81.51m
    DS 154.88m

3DS passed the 50m mark recently. It'll be lucky to match GBA numbers.

Nintendo aren't the only ones affected, PSP is on 80.82m (and still trickling along) and the Vita is currently only on 9.52m.

Also handhelds have never been software beasts, their attach ratio is much smaller than consoles.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Our DS section was fucking massive, and probably was second to only the 360 in terms of overall sales.
  • Its easy to forget how Global the market is. Its something mad like 70% of 360s have been sold in NA and the UK alone.

In mainland Europe they're quite weak, 3rd to Nintendo in France and Germany but thats more to do with Sonys vice like dominance of that demographic there than Nintendo being 'strong'.

On the flip side the Top 10 selling games in Japan this year were all Nintendo exclusives with 5 of them being first party games.

There's probably a forum in Japan full of Xbots much like the Nintards in the Wii U thread here telling themselves everythings ok.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!