Skerrite's Thread of Blue Sky Ambition and Silly Piepdrems
  • Looks like I wont be buying Drakenguard anytime soon! 
    Congrats Skerrit you cunt! :D

EDIT: Page turn win!!!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Need to establish the next seven years. Foresight.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Opportunity knocking with caveats?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Need to establish the next seven years. Foresight.
    Bean an update if you please
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I hope to win the lotto.

My plan is to buy a winning lotto ticket.

I will then retire and play golf.

I'm still plugging away at this
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    good luck muzzo keep us posted eh
  • I got an A for my first year of college.  First time in my life.  State education came too early in life for me.
  • i hope to make a game with the absolute minimum of effort, for it to suddenly become hugely popular and make me really rich.

i'd then hire ace to do all the work, so that i could 'retire' and play golf.  I would message ace every day to tell him about my day playing golf and to check he was working hard to make me even richer.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Congrats Matt!
    I hadn't looked at this thread for ages, when i started catching up one of the first posts was you saying you're starting the course! :)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I got an A for my first year of college.  First time in my life.  State education came too early in life for me.
    Well done pal.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    CapitalistPigSteelwood
  • RichSingleFigureHandiCapitalistPigSteelwood i could live with....
  • Thanks fellas.  Course involved more work than I was expecting, or was at least more work crammed into a short space of time towards the end of the year than I was expecting.  Long periods of not really talking to my girlfriend as I was too busy.  Still, when it comes to photography I'm very driven so I'm confident I can make it work.
    Congrats Matt! I hadn't looked at this thread for ages, when i started catching up one of the first posts was you saying you're starting the course! :)

It's funny how rapid it all seems.  Was only a little over 3 years ago that I picked up a camera to take out for a biking trip up to Glen Coe that started it all.  First year at college flew by.  Looking forward to getting the next one started tbh.  Almost feels weird being positive about my own future haha!  I'm sure I'll have the rug pulled out from under me at some point but at the moment I'm enjoying things.

Good luck with the exploitation scheme.
  • I've seen some of your work in other threads Matty and I feel the same way I do about noxy's granddad's work - basically, its awesome when someone shows genuine talent and you don't have to be nice for the sake of politeness. You have a gift mate, and one that has obviously developed over a few years.

As someone who, like you, is back in the study mode, I'll just tell you to keep it up. And, if you do have the rug pulled out from under you then I'll just tell you this...keep your chin up, spin life around, and fuck it back...trust me mate, the highs after the lows are the best ones in the world. Last year was brutal, proper brutal, for me, but this year is all the sweeter for it.

On that note, as I mentioned elsewhere last week, I got my scholarship app accepted. Yesterday I got the official confirmation letter. In september I will start a degree in Chinese which will cost me nowt and pay me a couple of hundred quid a month. After that, 4 years down the line, I'm thinking about a master's in law, or something technological. I dunno yet. I'm swinging back and forth about what I wanna do later - trapped somewhere between stuff that'll be good for my future in China (with family to think of) and stuff that personally interests me greatly. Got time, though, so no rush.
  • Results - good effort lads!
  • Hello. I realised I posted on the first page. Here's an update. I am still doing the same thing as when I posted before. Except I get paid a smidge more than before.

I am now working with an NHS trust helping them implement BIM (boring construction stuff) into their estates department processes.

It is like mashing my face into barbed wire, but in a good way. A few months ago we had a presentation on the changes that were coming to the way people will be working in the future, 50% of the building managers didn't turn up and one straight up said that he didn't give a shit because he would be retired before any of this stuff came into effect.

The UK construction industry is a disgrace. Once these crusty old wankers get the fuck out it will be a bit less shambolic.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I assumed Matt was already a professional photograpapher.
  • Matts photos are fuckin amaze balls. No wonder he's crushing it. Keep it up mate.

I want to make another game. Partly off the back of knowing a guy who made a game that made 10 mill in 90 days...
    Just need to get my procrastination in check. Once I get started it tends to roll but learning in my current job has given me a solid excuse to be lazy. Stupid brain! I'll start tomorrow...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Me too...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not you.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Oh alright.  But do as you're told.
  • Cool! So, what do I do? I should probably learn how to make the games first. I can do that tomorrow. Then the day after tomorrow I can really get cracking. So, boss, whadya want?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Make an Uncharted clone to warm up.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    In DOS.
  • DOS what? DOS minutos? DOS horas?
  • I want to make another game. Partly off the back of random chance

FTFY
  • Shit, I told myself I wasn't going to do "FTFY" any more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!