Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I may start Paper Mario on a GC emulator today. Loved it way back, its been time.
  • Yep, emulation can light the fire again. Persona 4 Golden Vita is my current slice of nostalgia.
  • I'm not really bored of gaming, it's more that I've become disinterested in games that take too long to play/finish.  I preferred it when games didn't offer so much goddamn value for money.
  • Escape wrote:
    I think I need to play Titanfall, because I don't get it.
    It's like Mirror's Edge, but not for girls.

My problem is that I'm finding it very difficult to be enthused by it's online onlyness.

I mean, I'm the guy who bought Call of Duty for the campaign. Mirrors Edge 2 however has me creaming my panties.

That's because you're comparing it to the wrong things. Compare it to the online content and community of Halo 3 and you'll be along better lines. Closest thing I can compare it to thats for sure.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm not really bored of gaming, it's more that I've become disinterested in games that take too long to play/finish.  I preferred it when games didn't offer so much goddamn value for money.

This. It's why I love arcade ports, dip in, dip out.

Place your gifs...
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I'm borderline bored of games. Think my tastes have narrowed. Or perhaps the futility of it all has hit home. Either way i'm finding videogames to be increasingly unreliable at stimulating my senses, and i don't see that changing until the medium finds a better way of pooling progress.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    That's because you're comparing it to the wrong things. Compare it to the online content and community of Halo 3 and you'll be along better lines. Closest thing I can compare it to thats for sure.

It's a game composed of samples, but still unique. The support of yous undoubtedly makes it a great experience for FPS fans.

I'd probably buy it if it had a third-person camera. Wall-running's nothing new in TPSes, so I'm just a bit nonplussed* by the plaudits regarding its innovation. I'd rank it about level with MAG for how far it pushes the creative boat out.

This is all a daft argument - don't let me drag you into it - because all games are better with friends. Well, apart from those hentai-fiddlers for weirdos. I still played and loved Uncharted 2 on me tod. I think the crux of my grumble lies in not wanting a flood of Titty clones off the bat** of sunny-arsed reviews.

Uncharted 2 would've been better if Modern Warfare had never existed. Uncharted 3 even more so.

*What a cock.
    **Once again.
  • I'm bored with studios not producing the stuff I want.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Me too.  Just gimme 128 player current gen Crackdown.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cracking down on bad fashion.
  • The original Deus Ex with texture mods is looking all kinds of fun and I've only completed the training.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    GoldenEye isn't far off seventeen.
  • So..."emunolgia", is the considered response to the issue? Fuck me, and fuck you, you bunch of retro-suckling, mumsnet milquetoast quimologists [drops microphone].
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Who the fuck left that microphone there? I nearly set my neck!
  • Spock would never drop the mike. It would be a highly illogical act. Setting phaser to stun.
  • You better chiggidy check....ch....ch...t...t...Tch..one.....Tch...two...chiggidy..check..yo....self...before you...three.....wreck yo....cha...cha...self.
  • im drunkz
  • Bones, captain wants you on the bridge....Spock seems to be broken again.
     Nvm, take off the latex gloves man, he's just drunkz.
  • I drive better when I've had a few! And you put those god damn gloves back ON! [sobs, runs off, tells rambling story to nearest barista where Spock somehow ends up being both in the right about this "bored" thread and is alsocthe most awesome and rightest participant, buys truculent and pretentious chimp named "Ash Wednesday", many scratches, discards in bin after contemporary dance experiments go horribly wrong, stops posting]
  • Who cares if Deus Ex is old? I've not played it before and it's really quite lovely. Certainly better than most of the shit out there at the mo. Besides, I'm merely sitting this gen out 'til the glorious matrix future turns me into the Worst Dad Ever.
  • Spock wrote:
    im drunkz
    there's a lot of it about.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Who cares if Deus Ex is old? I've not played it before and it's really quite lovely. Certainly better than most of the shit out there at the mo. Besides, I'm merely sitting this gen out 'til the glorious matrix future turns me into the Worst Dad Ever.

In the glorious matrix future we'll just plug our minds directly into a game, but our personal time will be slowed (sped up?) as we play. I so want to be able to spend 48 hours straight playing Civ 5, but have it only take an hour or something.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I wonder if a glorious matrix future would be better in PAL...

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I was thinking the other day how good the Rift would be for Civ type games. A bit like the Crystal Cove tower defence demo, but even more like some Clash of the Titans style table. In a similar vain, a Star Wars chess style thing would be fairly simple to put together. You could even have Chewie going mental every time you took a piece.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!