Time for gaming?
  • About two hours a night, once the better thirds are tucked in bed. If forumites and TF2 are involved it can be much more than two.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Almost nothing.
    I think I've managed half an hour the last 2 weeks, and there's been a few weeks of nothing in between.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've spent about an hour in Street Fighter IV's training mode this year. I think that's all.

I've always been drawn to the performance requirements of games above all else. I'm not a hardcore gamer because I don't ask for any strict challenges, I'm just fulfilled by the self-improvements of practice. The synaesthetics of success.
  • I most probably average out to a nought per week. South Park has been played a bit.

I will be buying a HAL type pc and maybe an OR kit for a fun little project which I have thought about but will likely spend the square root of fuck all time on.

Man's too busy doing pointless shit.... and raising a family.
  • this is all pretty grim reading for my 'inner gamer'...alas though, i'm the same as the majority on here it seems.
    between young kids, work and the wife time is limited, and add to that a general malaise regarding games in general means gaming is pretty minimal these days...even when i do have time i often decide that simply slumping on the sofa watching telly/netflix is preferable.  games like Dark Souls make me sad, what i would have done to get a game like that 10 years ago, but now i just don't have the desire to even get DS2 as i know i would barely scratch the surface before life got in the way and i lost interest....i have a very bad habit where if i don't play a game for a few days in a row i very rarely go back to continue at a later date.
    if it wasn't for the free games on PS+ i'm not sure when i would have last used my PS3 for games, and even then it's really just the odd curio games that I really enjoy - limbo, thomas was alone, brothers are recent examples.  my steam library grows thanks to sales but rarely gets much play time - a depressing scan through my library the other day showed less than 20 games on there with 'playtime' recorded in hours rather than minutes (and an awful lot not played at all).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've owned Uncharted 3 since release and never played its SP. I've a copy of Mass Effect 2 in its shrink.
  • Usually only two to three hours a week. If Mrs Skondo is out, then I'll find a little more time. I have recently started Spec Ops: The Line, which I'm enjoying immensely, but it has taken me a week to get to chapter six and I believe it's a short game.
  • No kids and an understanding other half means I get a regular 2-3 hours an evening and can fill my boots on a weekend. Her idea of perfect downtime is curled up in bed with a book, mine is hunched in front of the telly, controller clawed in hand.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • i have a very bad habit where if i don't play a game for a few days in a row i very rarely go back to continue at a later date.

I'm really bad for this too, even if i was really into it and eager to play again when I last played.
  • Yup. It even happened with mario galaxy2!!! I mean WTAF? I've always loved the mario games, as pure as gaming gets really, set off with galaxy2, got interrupted for a few days, turns into a week, and suddenly I just have no desire to pick up where I was. Probably doesn't help that I haven't used the wii since then either, but still....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skondo wrote:
    Usually only two to three hours a week. If Mrs Skondo is out, then I'll find a little more time. I have recently started Spec Ops: The Line, which I'm enjoying immensely, but it has taken me a week to get to chapter six and I believe it's a short game.

I condone your av. And I've only just noticed.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • full time job(pukes) and two kids. On average 1 hour gaming per month. Though that has increased slightly with South Park and now NaisanceE. I get some time in work on my lunch hour and to be honest I spend that time on doing a bit of Unity and trying to cobble together a game design or two. I have GTAV and only did the first heist a month or so ago.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    GTAV

Purchased, not played.

(Apart from the mandatory bits before it lets you online. I abandoned Franklin on a street somewhere.)
  • Escape wrote:
    GTAV
    Purchased, not played. (Apart from the mandatory bits before it lets you online. I abandoned Franklin on a street somewhere.)
    Ive let my XBL Gold lapse years ago lol. No GTA online for me :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!