Toukiden
  • I've played the demo an awful lot, built new weapons and armour, and given the manhunter a good kicking numerous times.

However, my overall conclusion it that it feels a bit hollow with none of the subtlety and absolutely none of the personality that makes MH what it is.

Fighting is certainly faster and more dynamic than MH, and the boss fights are nice and long.

But, I won't be partaking.  I'll finish off MH3U and wait for MH4U.
  • I can understand how you feel as I wasn't sure initially.  The story is tosh but I have enjoyed the cutscenes along the way and I'm a total sucker for Japanese voice overs and the like.

Curtis, nice tip on the daggers.  I'll have to give those a whirl.  I did think that there must be another way to reach higher body parts apart from using a bow.  Then again, you can't break all parts with every weapon in MH either so a variety in the party is the way to go.

Has anyone else got to "the bit that's gonna need a wiki"?  I'm not investigating yet as I'm enjoying not knowing and hoping that I solve it naturally in the first instance.  Well, at least a bit.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I have a link to a fantastic spreadsheet that someone's made; it includes pretty much everything you could want:

Mission outlines
    All items/drops/incl. locations
    Boss elemental weakness/affinity
    Mitami list/abilities/combos
    Forge recipes(!)

Let me know when you need it. I've not looked at it too much for fear of spoilers.
  • Yeah go on then. Let's blitz the arse out if it!
  • Beautiful. Thanks indeed!
  • Just done the 2 man hunter plus one blood hunter mission. That was actually tricky. My router has been delivered apparently so should get it up and running later.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Here's the new & improved guide.

I'm back on this after overdosing 35 hours in the first week. lol!

Gonna try and get Chapter 5 cleared this evening, which from what I gather is the story's end, but nowhere near the game's end.
  • I've had a bit of a rest too.  Made it to Chapter 7-11 but I did wimp out on the solo missions in Chapter 6.

Thanks for the updated info!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!