Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Has anyone managed to get the card back achievement? If I'm not mistaken, I need to be locally gaming with 2 other people?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • No idea. You get a new card back if you reach rank 20 ranked mode.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Just a side note, you only get the card back at the end of the ranked season.
  • For Subba:

This is how to get the Fireside Friends card back:

http://www.hearthhead.com/achievement=113/fireside-friends
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Bit nuts having 3 people on the same network if you ask me. iPad users it's a little easier I guess but being on PC what am I gonna do? "Hey friends fancy having a Hearthstone party?"
  • You don't have to be on the same LAN you need to be on the same subnet of battle.net. You can use that find local players thing to play against people on the same subnet as you apparently.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Hit the icon in the bottom left corner to bring up your friends list. At the top you'll your ID followed by a # then a number. You need to share the whole thing for people to add you.

Top banana. Send invites towards BlueSwirl#1944 for a good time. xxx
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    You don't have to be on the same LAN you need to be on the same subnet of battle.net. You can use that find local players thing to play against people on the same subnet as you apparently.

Yeah but if you're at home on a home network you can't do that without having people on your network.
  • Been watching Totalbiscuit play this for a bit, and a little Trump too.
    Trump's annoying as he uses too much jargon and doesn't really explain his thinking as he plays. Totalbiscuit is much better for learning.
    I feel I have a better understanding of combos and have enjoyed the games I've played since my hiatus.
  • Speaking of Trump, this vid is great. You can sense his fear of losing and the joy when he finally gets the win is something else.
    http://youtu.be/tqqZKmjDrEo
  • I've been playing a lot more ranked on this recently.  I have my druid deck pretty well tuned and have gotten up to rank 4.  I'm pretty sure I could make it up to rank 1 or legendary if I had a few more days to rank up. 

Trump's videos are good but I prefer watching the Value Town stuff - https://www.youtube.com/user/ChanmanV/videos
  • I've been bumbling around Rank 10-11 this month.

Munjahaidate#2522 if you want to add me. Europe region.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • You're now added Ayns.
    I made it to rank 19 today. It's good to be back into it.
    In a way this game is scary. Losing is an unpleasant feeling
  • Cool.  I saw you on an Arena run this morning.  Hope it went well.  I'm still trying to lock down which is my best deck.  My hunter and Warlock ones are reasonable and I do kid myself that I can play miracle rogue on occasion.  I'm now around Rank 11/12.

Love the game overall.
  • I'm 2/2 at the moment.
    Lost my first two games. Won my first after my opponent ran out of cards while I still had 5 in my deck. Won a second by a fair margin.
    I've won some stunning games of late, getting the hang of damage counting. I do feel that I could do better on the draw.
    In my defence, my first loss in arena I got some truly shocking cards to begin with. Didn't get a decent card or board clear. Wasn't much I could do.
  • Yeah it goes like that sometimes.  Tbh I'm pretty shocking at Arena.  As I play constructed more I don't think I've got my head around it as much.  I get the principles of the draft and it's played differently to constructed but that doesn't seem to help me much. Lol.

Dragged myself up to Rank 9 over the weekend with my cheap Hunter deck.
  • Ranked up to 18 last night. Would have done arena but was slightly merry and drunk does not go well with Hearthstone.
  • I scraped Rank 9 for Season 3 - new card back FTW!

This is the cheap Hunter deck I used, nothing bigger than a rare so it's pretty cheap to build:

http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2014/06/19/dreamhack-summer-a-look-at-reynads-decks/
  • It's a lovely new card back.
    Finally got my preferred hero in Arena (Paladin) and ended up doing poorly. Finished 2/3, have done better with Warrior decks.
    Funnily, my next arena gave me Shaman, Mage and Rogue. I don't like the mage deck and don't know anything about Rogue or Shaman. I took Rogue regardless and won my first game. Need to read up on some strategies and build myself a good cheap deck to practice with. Seems solid enough, lack of board clear could be a problem.
  • Paladin always seems terrible in arena, almost no removal, i always do terribly with them.

Mages seem decent in Arena though, plenty of choice between removal or damage to the face, plus flamestrike destroys boards in arena as most players take minion heavy decks for reliability in the face of not being guaranteed to get decent combo options with spells or buff cards.
  • I tend to do best with mage and paladin in arena.

Gone bananas and built a miracle rogue deck.  Eeeeek!
  • Just playing ranked with my rogue at the mo. Trying to rank up while I also earn XP to level ten.
    Good way to learn I guess.
  • Have come up against Onyxia, Leeroy Jenkins, Malygos and Mekkatorque tonight. Only the person who played Leeroy got past my cheap rogue deck.
  • Leeroy is most awesome.
  • Feel I'm getting the hang of trading.
    I used to try and keep as many of my minions on the board as possible, now I know how stupid that was.
  • In arena that works, aye.  For constructed I guess it depends upon whether you're running an aggro or control type deck.

It seems that people are running quicker aggro rush decks to move up the rank ladder quickly at the start of the month.  Makes sense I guess.
  • I want to unlock more cards before I start trying to create a specific type of deck.

Played a good combo tonight and had another lined up.
    Shaman had just brought the Doomhammer out and was laying waste to my weaker minions. So I knocked him down to 9 health then played a Senjin Shieldmaster and then reversed it's health and attack.
    Now the shaman can't get through to me because of the taunt. He can't kill the taunt in one go as he only does 2 damage and the Shieldmaster had 3 health. He can't attack it twice as that would kill him.
    Was fun watching him mull over his moves until he played a single card and cancelled his turn.

Better was reducing the guy to 1 health, I had the Shieldmaster and a Farseer on the board, plus I had loaded up my dagger for the next turn. He had a single Stormwind champion.
    He had 10 mana and a hand of about 8 cards. So I expected him to lay a powerful taunt or something.
    For which I would have been ready as I had a Vanish in my hand. Would have just popped that out then hit him with my dagger for the win.

Unfortunately I never got to do it. He healed for 2, brought out a totem. Realised he couldn't kill both my creatures, played no taunt and then conceded.
    I was a little disappointed.
  • Sounds cool.  I've had a few people concede thinking you have a killer hand on occasion.  Especially effective if you give them a "well played" before you play your final hand.  Arf.

My current favourite is:

Leeroy Shadowstep Leeroy Shadowstep Leeroy 18 damage for 8 mana.  There's a couple of extra combos you can squeeze out too but I've never had the pleasure.

What's even better IMO is that you can build cool decks without having fancy cards.  Leeroy is fab tho.
  • I have no dust to make cards. Don't seem to get it in my arena awards.
    Have a mental block with Arena, can't get past 3 wins.
  • But now you have, sir!  Dust aplenty too!

Good going Sas!  Make it count. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!