Nintendo "Fusion"
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I would be more surprised if they weren't working on the next gen - I'm sure Sony and Microsoft are too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    They willing to throw all those people that bought WiiU's under the bus to get a 'net-gen' system out there?
    I understand it'll be backwards compatible. But to abandon the WiiU like that would be horrendous.

I don't own a WiiU, and would probably feel differently if I did, but there's no point throwing good money after bad. The WiiU is a disaster, they should fuck it off if they think they can do better. The alternative is Nintendo fade further into irrelevance for a period of years then attempt a big relaunch when people give even less of a shit than they do now. And their customers aren't necessarily better served by Ninty sticking with a moribund platform out of some sense of providing value or whatever.

It would be a big risk if they did replace it so quickly though. Proper Sega scenario if they fuck it up again.
  • Ftr, I'm with Funko and reckon those specs are bullshit.
  • Looks less powerful than the current gen! Wtf. 4rams! The thing needs parroty.
  • The 3DS was a disaster. Look at it now.
    It's true that you shouldn't judge too much from the first year alone. The fact that Nintendo seem to be changing course rather than digging in doesn't offer much hope for it though.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Nintendo need to take the concept of mobile gaming and combine it into the home console experience. A machine that you can play at home on the TV and then effortless detach and take it on your commute with you.

How about tendo on mobile...

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/209011/Ask_Gamasutra_Time_for_Nintendo_to_make_some_mobile_games.php
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Nintendo need to take the concept of mobile gaming and combine it into the home console experience. A machine that you can play at home on the TV and then effortless detach and take it on your commute with you.
    How about tendo on mobile... http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/209011/Ask_Gamasutra_Time_for_Nintendo_to_make_some_mobile_games.php

I haven't got time to read it right now, but anything Kris Graft says is probably correct, given that he's holding an action RPG that's better than Zelda III in his little pic.
  • Nintendo on mobile doesn't make sense.
  • Nintendo on mobile doesn't make sense.
    These things are always what people want, not what makes sense.
  • Smells like bullshit to me.

A fairly random set of useless features and silly guesses.

Whatever.
  • Hmm, a random set of specs released with a new code name?  
    Nah, don't buy it.

Can't see Nintendo abandoning their trajectory, rather I see them stubbornly sticking to their guns and slowly trickling out 1st party games for their under performing WiiU. 

I would just like some more marketing! And some effort to get more 3rd party support!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The more I read the specs the sillier they sound.
  • Loving the "co-processor" the most. Just weird enough that people will go "ooh you wouldn't make THAT bit up"

It's bullshit, Nintendo are working (R&Ding) their next thing, otherwise what are all those hardware / middleware fucks doing all day. But this is bullshit.

Look literally two more games worth having and I'll buy the wii u. I promise.

Fucking mobile phone games can fuck off. Alright for tapping about a bit for a while, but the range of games is severely limited by shonky input. Proper Mario on touch screen? You really think Nintendo will go for that?
  • If this does exist then it hasn't sold a single unit and doesn't have any third party titles at all making it an even bigger failure than the Wii U. Give it up, Nintendo; it's over.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah become a third party dev!!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • have a PS+ Club Nintendo thing

All Virtual Console games should be 'free to play' while you have an active subscription.  It would be interesting to see how much money Nintendo has made from the NES/SNES/N64 downloads on the Wii/WIiU. Not nearly as much as if each user paid a £30 yearly sub, I'd wager.
  • 30 quid is about two vc games. Amirite lol.

(in other news Nintendo does like the rental model, see pokemon bank, wii sports and karaoke)
  • Not all games, thats just dumb. They should follow the PS+ model to the T, its pretty much perfect.

Edit: Maybe FREE for the month they're released, then they go on the eshop for £X with a discount for Club Nintendo subscribers.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Not all games, thats just dumb. They should follow the PS+ model to the T, its pretty much perfect. Edit: Maybe FREE for the month they're released, then they go on the eshop for £X with a discount for Club Nintendo subscribers.

Nintendo need bums on seats holding tablets, and if they want people to subscribe to a console that'll obviously launch with fuck-all games they should push the boat out with the freebies.  Not that the prospect of playing 16-bit games would sway the masses, but honestly, how many people buy those NES games for £3.50?  I genuinely have no idea.
  • Mario 3 is probably worth more than 3 quid.
  • I know a fair few sold over a million each on the Wii.

Problem seemed to be everyone released most of what they had the rights to within the first few years of the Wii and the service died due to lack of new content.

With the Wii U its the mirror opposite. How many VC games are on it? 50 tops? On the Wii you got 3 released every single Thursday night for at least the first year or two.

The depressing thing is the Wii never had a games drought, the Wii U could do with anything, even if it is a SNES VC game.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yup - at the risk of sounding like G, the depressing thing is we're even talking about filling the release schedule with 16bit games.
  • Here' s a suggestion: Virtual console games, downloadable on fusion ds, playable on the go and on the livingroom big screen when connected to base station.

What are you waiting for Nintendo?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I know a fair few sold over a million each on the Wii.

I'm shocked that any of them got anywhere near those numbers (and pleasantly surprised). I assumed most of the casual crowd didn't even connect their Wii's to the internet.
  • I am Reggie's homunculus.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I wrote an imaginary list of VC prices once...

NES - 99p
    SNES - £1.99
    N64 - £2.99
    GameCube - £3.99
    Wii - £4.99

As many games as Nintendo have the rights to, available at once, with save-anywheres and GamePad support. In NTSC.

I think Nintendo are suffering a delayed reaction to being caught with their pants down. Holding back content has worked for them until recently, and they just aren't reacting to this post-Wii iWorld.

very sensationalised. 

It had a reasonable line up

and i'm fairly sure it outsold the vita throughout its history (apart from when things like monster hunter came out)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!