The hiding from an alien in a locker thread
  • One of my games of the gen so far. Took ages to finish it as everytime I played I simply became too scared after playing for an hour to continue.
  • Duskers is the best Alien inspired game I've had the pleasure of playing tho'

Allow me to self promote my rambling on the toothless nature of the Xenomorph and why less in scary games is absolutely more:

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    What was your big time scariest bit

So far, when the lights turn on just after you enter the station proper. Everything is dark and quiet for so long, then THUNK, the entire place is lit up.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The dark in A:I is a tangible thing, it's proper dark. Not black, not unlit polys.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Verecocha wrote:
    One of my games of the gen so far. Took ages to finish it as everytime I played I simply became too scared after playing for an hour to continue.

It didn't take me too long, but I agree about it being a game of the gen so far. I did end up a little overwhelmed every now and then and had to stop for a bit.
  • It's an immense game

Playing it in VR is something you will never forget

Just looking at a ventilation door stays
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This + VR = fuck that shit
  • Do it. Be born anew (evil laugh)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    This + VR = fuck that shit
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Do it. Be born anew (evil laugh)

Alien: Isolation in VR does have the sound of something that'd give people PTSD.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I can't play it without VR now, it's impossible, half the game. After you get eaten a few times it gets easier

I might do this game again with the vive if I can
  • Verecocha wrote:
    One of my games of the gen so far. Took ages to finish it as everytime I played I simply became too scared after playing for an hour to continue.

I am starting this again, as first time round was years ago and i didnt get very far, cause it was so intense. I intend to finish this, too scary or not.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

I am starting this again, as first time round was years ago and i didnt get very far, cause it was so intense. I intend to finish this, too scary or not.

I’m tempted to do this all the time, then remember how good it was...at scaring me shitless.
  • Vere, did you play both dlc as well? Last survivor and crew expendable?

Edit: just fired this up and novice and nightmare difficulty have been added. So five in total. I know which im gonna pick.....
  • Amazing game. Would recommend with decent headphones or sound system.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I’m tempted to do this all the time, then remember how good it was...at scaring me shitless.

@verecocha you were here the last time I played it...!!  We got me as far as the first actual appearance of the alien, and I switched it off and deleted it.  I keep getting tempted but there's just no way I could do it.
  • Play on novice, it gives the scares but allows you to explore the ship. Thats what im gonna do. People on reddit said it feels more like the movies.
  • So got to the station (didnt get a chance to play for too long). This game is so atmospheric and terrifying. Its wuite difficult to play for more than an hour at a time. Hopefully i can some playtime tonight.
  • It's got a wonderful aesthetic and beautiful atmosphere throughout, it's just way too much for my fragile constitution.  I might fire it up again and see if I can handle the first area where the alien's actually there.  I suspect I'll open a vent I need to crawl through and nope across the galaxy fairly rapidly.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I keep saying a have to go back to this as it's such a great game, but I'm permanently stuck in one part and the idea of trying to get past that bit puts me off. I even got the disk out to encourage myself.
  • https://primagames.com/coverage/alien-isolation-complete-walkthrough-and-game-guide

Walkthrough if that helps.

Elmlea, im struggling with it as well. But like vere i intend to get through it. I hope. Could be worse, could be trying to play it in VR.

There was a tweet last year from one of the writers on Alien Isolation with a pic of newt in the sewers.

Some speculated that a sequel could be around newt on hadleys hope before the colonial marines arrived. Who knows.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I know what to do, I just can't get past the bastard alien. He gets me every time.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    It's got a wonderful aesthetic and beautiful atmosphere throughout, it's just way too much for my fragile constitution.  I might fire it up again and see if I can handle the first area where the alien's actually there.  I suspect I'll open a vent I need to crawl through and nope across the galaxy fairly rapidly.

Cannot her over this when you used to fly a tin box at insane speeds unreasonably close to the ground
  • Kow wrote:
    I know what to do, I just can't get past the bastard alien. He gets me every time.

No idea how far you are in. Start again on a lower difficulty setting?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm way into the game a but I can't remember where, I haven't played it for literally years.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

@verecocha you were here the last time I played it...!!  We got me as far as the first actual appearance of the alien, and I switched it off and deleted it.  I keep getting tempted but there's just no way I could do it.

Haha no way you never went back?! That’s both amazing and completely understandable. I will never forget playing this was incredibly enjoyable and absolutely f’ing horrible at the same time. We were even playing in the light and in company and it was still horrid!!

Dinostar77 wrote:
    So got to the station (didnt get a chance to play for too long). This game is so atmospheric and terrifying. Its wuite difficult to play for more than an hour at a time. Hopefully i can some playtime tonight.

I could literally play for a couple of hours, then I was absolutely exhausted from constant terror. I haven’t played the DLC and I’m scared to look at it as if I end up wanting to play it I have to deal with that horror again. Though, making Pamela play it alongside me with the Atmos on and lights off would be fun..
  • Tempy wrote:
    Cannot her over this when you used to fly a tin box at insane speeds unreasonably close to the ground

I think most people who did stuff like that still wouldn't like being pursued by an alien through vents.  I find I'm pretty good at getting into the mindset of the character, and I always struggle with "it's just a game," or "it's just a movie," I always get totally terrified by things like this!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I spent a good many months of my life with people actively trying to kill me (and on occasion coming very close).

I still can't bring my self to play that game again, it petrified me.
  • Perhaps you truly have to have known death, to fear it. 

Instead of going "hahaha, flamethrower go brrrrrrr"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!