Movie Record 2022 Edition
  • Predator 2
    Somehow never saw the start of this before. Its OK. Very much an 18 rated movie which felt surprisingly different compared to modern movies.
    Probably the best Predator sequel but a long way off the first.
    [6]
  • Even Bill Paxton is a bit shit in this to be fair.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah he dials it up that touch too far.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I saw it at the cinema. I remember liking it, while recognising it isn’t a patch on the first. I noticed they’re on Disney+ so may give the both of them a rewatch. I also have a soft spot for Predators. Haven’t yet seen the new (apparently shit) one.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah Predators is alright I would probably score it the same as Predator 2 from memory but for slightly different reasons.
  • I like predator 2, I'd watch that before the original these days although I rate the original as way better, I've just seen it so many times. Predator 2 is solid for me, memorable scenes, memorable lines, and has that peak 90s feel.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s been a good couple of decades since I’ve seen it, but P2 has a Alien skull at the end, doesn’t it?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, that’s cool. Shame about those Vs movies. They’re making a new Predator; something historical apparently.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I honestly quite enjoyed the first AvP in a trashy fun kind of way.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Yeah, that’s cool. Shame about those Vs movies. They’re making a new Predator; something historical apparently.

With a Native American female as the lead. Set back before the English invaded and fucked shit up or maybe at that time?

During the invasion would make sense. Get a good English villian
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'd love a good Predator film with that premise. Chances are it'll be awful, but there's hope.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'd love a good Predator film with that premise. Chances are it'll be awful, but there's hope.

Yeah thats the actual pitch i think from what I remember reading. Fingers crossed
    PSN - minkymu
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dan Trachtenberg is directing, and he has form, so I’m feeling good about this one. I actually watched The Predator last night. I felt like I was watching a comedy. Weird tone, not great.
    Get schwifty.
  • 19. Nightmare Alley
    Beautiful sets and costumes shot just as lovingly in the film Noir style. Great cast who do a decent job.
    The plot feels a bit wayward at times but for the most it spins a good yarn. While tropey it does offer up something not typical of movies at the moment so that was welcome.
    A lower end [8]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Black Swan Watched this because of Aronofsky (after Pi and Requiem rewatches last year) with the x10 bonus of Portman (gorgeousity and ability).

What a film. Great piece of work - blew me away probably because I didn't know what to expect. Best thing I've seen Portman do. And Kunis + Cassel + Hershey in support are brilliant too. Technically impressive too - not sure how much body doubling was done for the dance but they had to be able to do some of it and to a ignorant layman like me they did the business.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Ace soundtrack too. The audacity of fucking with Tchaikovsky.
  • Black Swan is amazing. Haven't seen it since the cinema, where'd you watch it?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck knows what number I'm at as not posted here in a couple months but:

Ultrasound (2021)

Ultra-weird, low budget, glorious mindfuck that reminds me of Gondry x Carruth. Absolutely loved this and if you want a bit of a headwreck get on it. Trailer is great. Got cocky cunt out of Mad Men. Wonderful, uneasy vibe throughout.

Apparently based on a comic-book series: https://www.breakdownpress.com/store/generous-bosom-1

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Black Swan is amazing. Haven't seen it since the cinema, where'd you watch it?

Disney+ has it as part of the Star package.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aronofsky's best, that.
  • Fuck knows what number I'm at as not posted here in a couple months but:

Ultrasound (2021)

Ultra-weird, low budget, glorious mindfuck that reminds me of Gondry x Carruth. Absolutely loved this and if you want a bit of a headwreck get on it. Trailer is great. Got cocky cunt out of Mad Men. Wonderful, uneasy vibe throughout.

Apparently based on a comic-book series: https://www.breakdownpress.com/store/generous-bosom-1

Official: DS likes comic book films
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Knew he was a bit of a nerd
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There is no man in tights or a cape it is therefore good.
  • Have you tried Helstrom, DS? TV series on Disney+. Only one series, never got renewed. Simple fun with demonic possession, adapted from a Marvel comic but nowt to do with the overall ‘universe’.
  • 28. Turning Red
    I had a lot of fun with this. Has a much more animated energy than most Pixar. Also interesting to see they've pinched from Sony and their 2D effects. Such a shame it's not in cinemas though. Disney need to do better.
    [7]
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    28. A Silent Voice
    An intense anime about a high school kid trying to make amends for bullying a classmate years earlier. The actions of the bullies are a rough watch at points, kids can be so cruel, but this touches on the impacts of all those involved - victim, bullies, families and bystanders. It’s really well done and thoroughly engrossing, and particularly effective at examining isolation and forgiveness. Even had me shedding a few tears at the end. [8]

29. Frozen
    It’s quite strange finally watching a film that’s been everywhere and realising how little I actually knew about it. I assumed it was Elsa’s story for a start but it’s Anna’s and it works all the better for it. Felt like it lacked something though (stronger villain maybe?) and there were several forgettable set pieces. Overall its still plenty of fun, some good laughs and even takes a couple of unexpected turns towards the end. [6]
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Back to the Future, first time Nate's seen it. He absolutely loved Doc Brown, laughing almost every time he's on screen. He had a good handle on everything too, picked up on the clock not being struck by lightning yet etc. but his mind was blown by the two Martys at the end. Didn't get that at all, bless him. His confusion was hilarious
  • 20. Alita Battle Angel
    Absolute shite. 2 hours of audio and visual noise. Its ugly as sin with zero depth.
    [1]
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Back to the Future, first time Nate's seen it. He absolutely loved Doc Brown, laughing almost every time he's on screen. He had a good handle on everything too, picked up on the clock not being struck by lightning yet etc. but his mind was blown by the two Martys at the end. Didn't get that at all, bless him. His confusion was hilarious

I love to hear this. :) Back to the Future was such an integral part of my childhood. It’s nice to hear it’s delighting children still. Probably their first introduction to the wonderful realm of time travel. I can’t wait to introduce my nephews to the trilogy.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!