Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • 20. Ride Along
    Much to my dismay, watched this on Saturday. Rubbish. Felt like it was an action movie that got re-tooled for Kevin Hart comedy purposes, except they forgot to put any jokes in. Ice Cube appears to be visiting from a completely different film entirely. 3
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 15. Django Unchained. Haven't seen this since release. I think the middle third drags a bit, proper Tarantino self-indulgent dialogue, but the finale rescues it. [8]
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I still really like Jackie Brown. Great film and very underated.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Just watched Sputnik.

I liked it. Good effects, great sets( that remind me of Control) and some decent gore.

PSN - minkymu
  • 21. Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
    Rewatched this and liked it a lot more second time around. Really funny. "I've got balls coming out of my arse!" 8
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    21. The Greatest Showman - got the lockdown blues? Turn up the volume and watch this. Nonsensical fun and that Atmos music mix is *chef’s kiss*
  • Two fantastic movies mentioned right there
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Utter tosh. But Nic Cage goes full Nic Cage so it's at least entertaining tosh
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Usual Suspects was kinda fun. Fargo, meanwhile, is basically the perfect movie.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Must watch Fargo again.
  • 12. Rocky III - 4 Mar
    Hulk Hogan! Mr T! A shredded Stallone!
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 16. Whiplash. Such an intense film. Couldn't watch it in one sitting, it was making me anxious! Quality performances. [9]

Anyway, here's an Avatar/Whiplash mash up (NSFW!!!):

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    22. Independence Day: Resurgence - terrible sequel. If you liked the original do yourself a favour and don’t watch this.
  • It’s not Highlander 2 bad tbf
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I had wiped that film from memory and the pain has just come flooding back reading your post.
  • 17. Raya and the Last Dragon. Went in with low expectations, but enjoyed this. Would've been nice to see at the cinema, looks lovely, really nicely animated. Kids enjoyed. [8]
  • 13. Rocky IV - 6 Mar
    Surprisingly emotional, but feels like I’ve seen this before. Recently.
    [6]

14. Rocky V - 7 Mar
    These are getting worse. At least it’s a little bit different to the last few.
    [5]

15. Rocky Balboa - 7 Mar
    Oh dear. Pointless rubbish. Not even a nice muscly man to look at. Stallone looks too old and the other guy looked like a weed.
    [4]

16. Creed - 7 Mar
    Seen this before and I quite like it. A couple of great long takes, that first bout was brilliant. Even the boxing was ok.
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Balboa is probably the worst film in the ring but it's one of the better ones outside of it imo.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rocky IV fails because it killed Apollo Creed off.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    16. Whiplash. Such an intense film. Couldn't watch it in one sitting, it was making me anxious! Quality performances. [9] Anyway, here's an Avatar/Whiplash mash up (NSFW!!!):

Just finished watching Korra and so this got a big lol from me.
  • 18. Captain America 1
    I really like this one, it's a fun action adventure film which also manages to make you care for the characters. Well I did. Also, what a cast! Tommy Lee Jones is MVP, just some great line readings.
    [7]

19. Avengers
    I kinda forgot how much of a step up this film was not only in the scope of the story but also how much better the visuals look compared to all the previous films. Really set the look and tone for the upcoming films. Whedon may be in the sin bin now but he really does know how to write a script and knows effective visual film language.
    [8]

20. Raya and the last Dragon
    I got really frustrated with this movie. To me it felt rather messy and like they got halfway through making it, realised it was too serious and so tried to lighten it up but unfortunately they Dreamworks'd it. I really don't like lazy anachronistic references in films like this, just commit to your setting! Have confidence! Stunning to look at of course though.
    [5]
  • Made You Look
    Okay-ish documentary on (probably) the biggest known case of art fraud to date. A bog-average piece of film on a really great story. Could be done better.
  • 24. Villains
    Fugitive lovebirds uncover a dark secret after breaking into the house of oddball nutjob couple in this very competent comedy horror. 7.5

25. A River Wild
    Fairly thrilling um, thriller that sees Meryl Streep's expert rafter take her family down river to save her marriage, whilst attracting the attentions of bank robbing duo Kevin Bacon and John C. Reilly. Great whitewater action camera work. 7.5

26. Identity
    Ten strangers stranded at a motel start getting bumped off and John Cusack leads the chase to find the killer. Fairly entertaining, twisty thriller. 7

27. Game Night
    Fun lowbrow flick sees Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams' game night turn into real life mystery when Bateman's bro Kyle Chandler is kidnapped. 7

28. Hollow Man
    Paul Verhoeven's slightly creepy direction leads this sci-fi horror as Kevin Bacon's scientist develops an invisibility serum that sends him la la. 6

29. It's Complicated
    Gentle and amiable romcom featuring Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin as divorcees who embark on a secret affair. The film could have done with more Lake Bell who is an absolute goddess, Baldwin is good value though and looks to be enjoying himself. 6.5

30. Jumanji: The Next Level
    Fun sequel that is an inferior retread of sorts of the first film and carries a lesser impact as a consequence. Awkwafina is a good addition to the line up however. 7

31. The Wailing
    Top tier Korean horror. A series of killings and queer goings on in a village draws in a local policeman who finds himself and his family suddenly the focus of some heavy supernatural shit. Long but fascinating and multilayered, a great lesson in storytelling. Big shout out to the intense exorcism scene. 9

32. Do the Right Thing
    Super cool slice of 80s hood life written, directed by and starring Spike Lee. Racial tension bubbles up on a roasting day in Brooklyn, centred around a pizzeria. A fusion of music and subcultures and a visual treat for a sneakerhead like me. 8.5

33. In Bruges
    Funny yet dark tragicomic drama from Martin McDonagh starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as two hitmen sent to Bruges to lie low by Ralph Fiennes. 8.5

34. Coming to America
    Peak Eddie Murphy plays Akeem, an African prince travelling to America to find his bride. A feast of memorable skits, one liners and Murphy and Arsenio Hall's genius cameos. 8.5

35. Coming 2 America
    A likeable, modern sequel to the original that is inferior but manages not to tarnish its memory. Eddie Murphy becomes the Zamundian king and must now relearn the message from the original film as he discovers he fathered an illegitimate son in Queens. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    23. Twilight - trying to understand the appeal. Patts does a decent job. Stewart is terrible.

24. Twilight New Moon - better quality but less fun sequel saved a bit at the end by Sheen hamming it up.

25. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - been a long while since I’ve seen it and yes it’s style over substance but when the style is this great who cares. Still enjoy all of it and the cameos are great Evans having the most fun I think.
  • 36. The VVitch: A New England Folktale
    Compelling, unnerving and unsettling period debut horror from Robert Eggers. A banished Puritan family encounter an unnatural evil from the woods by their homestead. Great performances all round and a wonderfully authentic script. 9
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • The Wailing, In Bruges and VVVwitch all absolutely top tier.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heard good things about VVitch.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've got the vvvvvv itch
  • The Trial of the Chicago 7
    Really quite good period courtroom drama. Cracking cast. Very few women though, like most things written by Sorkin.

• 22. Happy Gilmour
    Stupid and enjoyable Sandler film with the distinction of being actually funny unlike his other 'comedies'. 7

23. Blue Ruin
    Aimless vagabond Dwight takes revenge on the family of the killers of his parents in this intense, melancholy but brutal film. Great performances and some grisly scenes. 8

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!