ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    This totally passed me by, and I couldn't find anything about it on here, a mate posted this little ghost story on Facebook which quite amused me

Obviously being a geek I translated the hex given, then checked the co-ords it gave. Just a pretty non descript Japanese town, unless someone knows anything significant about Okabecho Okabe, just intrigued now is all
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Play it, somehow.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is the demo that got removed thing, right? I can't handle it!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So was it actually scary then? The only benchmark I can place against it is Siren:Blood Curse which I actually stopped playing as it was messing with me too much
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm pretty bad with horror, but yes, I found it very uncomfortable
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It was actually scary, yes. As or more than anything I've played.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I still have it on my hdd, i can shareplay it to you so you can try it.
    Or i can stream it if you just want a look, its more scary/better if you play yoursef.
  • I found it scary because the setting was so mundane and they twisted it so well. Didn't help that the place I was in at the time had a main corridor that was long and turned to the right...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    and your blood fridge, don't forget that
  • Now where did I put those foetuses. I know I left one in the sink.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Every time I walk down to your garage I end up walking through the back door again, plus the front door is stuck, should probably fix those.
  • Presume everyone seen the 2nd trailer for it?

• I've tried playing PT twice. The first time I lasted maybe five minutes, the second maybe ten, but both times I shat it and switched off the PS4, saying, "Nope nope nope nope nope," as I switched on all the lights and found a comedy channel on the telly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Finished it twice. It's a lovely little box of mechanics and tropes. It was the fridge more than anything that got me, and that wasn't even a jump scare. Sigh for what could have been.
  • It was the radio man taking a creepy turn that put the shivers up my spine.
  • This remains the only game to make me jump and drop my pad and make me shit my pants all at the same time and it was just the demo...

Will this go down in the annals of videogame history as the biggest/most disappointing cancellation of a game ever? Kojima + Del Toro? Must be in a shout mayber.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Oh I took multiple attempts just go down the corridor the second time, and I had to stop after the how do I look through the crack in the bathroom door OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT pad toss moment.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    She appeared behind me while I was looking in the mirror, I shat.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    This totally passed me by, and I couldn't find anything about it on here, a mate posted this little ghost story on Facebook which quite amused me.

I know teens lap this sort of thing up but I'm going to have a great time pointing out to my wee sister that you can tell it's shite because the guy talks about developing AR tech stuff for Oculus/Kinect when it was billed as a PS4 exclusive. I can see her eyes rolling already.
  • I've now lost this forever after having to rebuild my database on my PS4 after getting stuck in safe mode loop :(
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Roujin wrote:
    Will this go down in the annals of videogame history as the biggest/most disappointing cancellation of a game ever? Kojima + Del Toro? Must be in a shout mayber.

Also Junji Ito was involved, for further "what could have been" lamentations
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've still not got past the early door moment, fuck that. Instant quit out like a wimp.
  • I admittedly played it in a sub optimal setting, but it does a good job of making you not want to do things, but the anticipation is largely greater than the pay-off. I remember jumping a few times though. I'm less mad we're not getting a new Silent Hill than I am at konami at removing PT entirely. Hills had the star factor all over it, but it could very well have been a fucking huge disappointment. PT was (and should still be) an interesting and tactile speculative experiment with the medium.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Also Junji Ito was involved, for further "what could have been" lamentations
    The real tragedy.
  • I'm gonna stream this for Halloween, tried to play it when I first got my PS4 but it was too scary.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Damn shame, never got anywhere near the demo.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I remember my wife coming into the room to check on me cos I had screamed like a litte girl.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I admittedly played it in a sub optimal setting, but it does a good job of making you not want to do things, but the anticipation is largely greater than the pay-off. I remember jumping a few times though. I'm less mad we're not getting a new Silent Hill than I am at konami at removing PT entirely. Hills had the star factor all over it, but it could very well have been a fucking huge disappointment. PT was (and should still be) an interesting and tactile speculative experiment with the medium.

Weren't you hungover
    And at my house
    And with kaz
    And it was the morning

Worst situation ever.
  • I think a really good thing about it is that whole repeat repeat repeat which emphasises any surprises.
    Spoiler:
  • But also the playing aspect. In games, learning repeat tactics allows you to go faster, controlling speed and such, so any roadblock or twist is more impactful.

A round about way of saying, maybe a full game would have been less good.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!