52 Games a Year 2021 Edition/ Game Record 2021:
  • Agreed, it's quality!  And it was only $3.00AUD so 5 hours seems like pretty good value.

46: Strikey Sisters (Switch) 8/10

This was a real treat after playing Arkanoid DS a little while ago.  If you've ever wanted to play Breakout/Arkanoid with SNES RPG graphics and monsters and a lighthearted children's cartoon story (and let's be honest, who hasn't) then this is the game for you.

The monsters (and boss fights) help to give it a unique spin on the breakout formula - they're usually trying to attack you and you've got to stay out of their way whilst hitting them with your ball and hitting the breakable blocks.  You get random special attacks when you kill them.  It's really addictive and I found myself binging my way though, and when I closed my eyes late last night the game was still running through my head.  In that regard I'm glad it's over but it's an excellent little game for what it is.

47: Max Payne 3 (PC) 9/10

This is the second playthrough - the first was on release back in like 2013.  As I remembered it, it has the really cringy visual style in the cutscenes, with all these distortions (I think it is trying to simulate Max always being hungover) and bits of dialogue popping up as text from time to time (I don't know what this is for).  I did also remember it having a great soundtrack and being a solid little shooter.  That's all pretty much still true.  Visual flourishes aside it scrubs up really well on a modern PC.  Only the odd low res texture dates it.  

It's a fun shooting gallery with a lot of variety in its locations.  There's a football stadium at night under the flood lights, a sunny graffiti covered slim, a luxury boat etc etc.  The levels mostly look great but there is the odd dull factory looking thing.  Max looks great and really gets knocked around as the game goes on, his clothes getting ripped up and getting wounded.  Also famously getting a haircut.  This might not read like the most exciting thing but he has the best reloading/juggling 3 weapons animations I've seen.

The violence is still very graphic especially the last shot of a fight which always shows a close up of the poor henchman being killed.  Some of the bullet wounds make me cringe (in a good way, not like when the cutscene graphics kick in).  It does start with a bloke who Max has half blown up and is slowly dying so I guess you know what you're getting yourself in for right from the start.

Max narrates the game which reminded me a bit of Bastion (I haven't played the other Max Paynes).  It works pretty good but he does bang on about shit.  Sometimes I think it works well ('I got shot in my second favourite drinking arm') other times it feels a bit overegged ('he was as slick as an oil spill on an iceberg... and just as toxic') it probably depends on my mood if they land or not though, lol.

The soundtrack is still great.  I actually bought it back in the day, but in honesty I probably only really listen to the song from the airplane level in real life.

Good little blast from the past that was just what I was looking for and holds up well.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    d I'd love to see a Sonic Mania kind of game that takes those designs and mixes them with 3's slick animations for a new 2d SF.   

I would pay good money for an Alpha/Zero 4 - especially after the abomination that has been SF5
  • 32. Crysis 2 Remaster - 9 Hours - 6/10 - Xbox Series X

I remembered this as being an extremely good straight line FPS campaign…and I wasn’t wrong. Simple, slick, empowering and though not very original the story is reasonably engaging.

I much prefer this sequel as the original just feels like a rather big empty playground that just left me a bit…bored at times. This was much more streamlined and focused on the combat mechanics which even now are good fun and let you decide how each engagement is gonna go. Though every time for me it’s stealth until I eventually have to just blow everything up.

It’s aged reasonably well as a straight line FPS and of course the visuals have aged and the ‘remastering’ hasn’t set my world on fire, they and the sound aren’t too bad and still have some quality.

All in all just a decent campaign with a barely noticeable lick of paint. Does exactly what it says on the tin. If you enjoyed it at release I dare say you’ll enjoy it again…

33. Crysis 3 Remaster - 6 Hours - 7/10 - Xbox Series X

Pretty much the same as above but…a little bit better. Tighter campaign in every way.
  • 5. Metroid Dread (Switch) - 25/10 - 16hrs
    100%ed. A good Metroid, but not quite Super. A bit of a slow start, but once it got going and you had some power ups under your belt, it’s great. Movement is fluid and responsive.
    What I wasn’t a fan of was the constant funnelling from place to place, sometimes feeling like you’re just being pushed to the next item and then the next, not being allowed to figure out the route for yourself. The EMMI sections, while break up the action, just felt a bit dull and annoyed me. I also felt the general atmosphere and the music was lacking.
    But once I had everything, going back to wander and explore and get 100% with some deviously placed items was great. A good effort.
    [8]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thought I should update since I've reached the magic number:

46. The Eternal Cylinder [7]
    One of the oddest and most fascinating games I've played this year, even if it's roughly put together. A surreal survival adventure where you control an expanding group of little snouted creatures that hoover up and eat organisms to change their forms and adapt to the retro sci-fi landscape. And then there's a giant cylinder spanning the width of the world behind you which chases you and crushes everything in its path at regular intervals. And there are themes and a plot and it's kind of brilliant but also drags on a bit and is a little fiddly to play.

47. Far Cry 6 [4]
    Ubisoft at their most stupid. Just loads of stuff thrown into a mix in the hope it explodes in an entertaining fashion, but even when it does it's still sort of boring and sort of broken. A waste of a good location, a waste of Giancarlo Esposito, and a waste of time.

48. JETT: The Far Shore [6]
    I liked this more after finishing it than I did for most of the time I was playing. It's got the right atmosphere for a journey to an unknown planet, but its structure is actually quite dull and overly prescribed. The thrill of exploring replaced by following the ideas that your crew come up with. But once we got towards the end, I began to appreciate it as a means of storytelling.

49. In Sound Mind [6]
    Quite an original first-person psychological horror game, let down by cheap production that makes it all a bit silly and sometimes annoying to play. It's got plenty of tricks and some decent puzzles, but technically it's something of a mess. Still, I appreciate the ambition.

50. Tandem: A Tale of Shadows [6]
    Dual character puzzle game where you switch between an overhead and side-on perspective. Levels are solidly designed with a handful of clever mechanics, but nothing here is overly taxing or new. The presentation is also very sparse, and without much in the way of character it's merely a string of decent puzzles.

51. Metroid Dread [8]
    It's good to play a proper Metroid and be reminded that no other Metroidvania quite does the same job. Samus is still a wonderfully versatile character, and the level design is incredibly dense in its plotting - locks, one-way systems, teleporters and so on. I think it's a good move to focus on that aspect of the series' history - along with some strong boss encounters - because it hasn't been done to death elsewhere, even if that comes at the expense of more sedate exploration. I'm less forgiving of the EMMI sections, though, which simply feel underdeveloped. But overall it's a very good new Metroid.

52. Darkest Dungeon 2 [7]
    Still in early access, but I completed a single run, so that counts. Structurally it's more like Slay the Spire this time, with individual journeys that go on until your team wins or dies. It's quite a slow process, and will certainly need some rebalancing, but the tactical turn-based combat is already strong, the atmosphere is oppressive and the switch to 3D characters has really brought them to life.
  • 118. Metroid Dread - Switch (8hrs 37mins)

I only have recently gleaned opinions to offer on the Metroid franchise, having completed two of them and bounced off one (three times) in the past few years.  Without dwelling on it, my hot takes: Super Metroid: clearly way ahead of its time, not going to dispute whether it deserves the praise but I just can't click with it.  Metroid Fusion: Super.  Metroid Zero Mission: Good stuff, not great.  If I had to sum up the trio I'd use descriptions like atmospheric and intricately designed, but probably moan about slightly treacly controls and iffy bosses.

With the preface out the way, the first thing to mention is how well Samus controls for this particular excursion.  The basic movement is an absolute joy - largely thanks to a slide The Boss would be proud of - and the way she pegs it around the map is nimble and responsive.  For the first time we have a Metroid game that could hold its own as a linear run & gunner.  And speaking of bosses, most of the big ones are top tier ever for side scrolling videogames.  That's a lot of games and a lot of bosses.  

I was fully prepared to loathe the EMMI sections, but against all odds they improved the experience for me.  None outstayed their welcome and they were a welcome change of pace, plus I enjoyed the mini-puzzles of lining up takedown shots too.  Whenever they catch you, they will kill you - but first they must catch you.  The cloaking device means there are two viable ways to approach these sections, and as death drops you immediately outside the patrol zone it never felt like too much of a problem.  Thumbs up, says I.  The thumbs apply to the graphics too, which turned my stomach when first revealed but are actually quite tasty.

There are times where the abilities are ladled on so liberally it can feel like a bit of a Metroid montage.  For long term fans I expect this might rankle, given that roughly speaking the quest is streamlined and the hundo hunt is where the exploration is required, but I loved it.  It's like the bit in Prince of Thieves where Friar Tuck speedily loads up the bad bishop with too much gold, but instead of pushing him out a window he's allowed to just hare off around ZDR.  So not really like that at all, but I'm not one to back out of an analogy once I've started typing.

Complaints?  Go on then, I have a few - The music is merely there, which just isn't good enough for a mainline entry in what many would consider a flagship franchise.  This deserved better, and I daresay a fan mod with superior music would be well worth a hobbyist's effort.  The controls do get fiddly by the time you're carrying the majority of Friar Tuck's gold, particularly the grapple and the bomb move that Charlie's cross about in the other thread.  Performance wobbles in places too, although I haven't seen this mentioned much elsewhere so maybe my overworked Switch is packing its bags for the glue factory (I had a few problems with Foregone too, did I mention that?).  The framerate noticeably stuttered from time to time, especially on the gold Chozo boss.  One more moan: the recurring giant eye miniboss is a damp squib - if this were an indie game it'd be patched/title updated in eight months and you'd find new medium-sized beasties in their place.

Enough of all that though, the blemishes don't take the shine off and this is easily the second best game I've played this year.  A-Game stuff from Nintendo that hopefully heralds a sea change after their run of complacency. [9]

The only gif I could find....

5ddfhx.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    13. Spider-Man- PS4 (played on PS5) - 24 hours (can’t be right)

I have never been a huge Spider-Man fan. While I’ve enjoyed the films, I never read the comic and was never invested in the character, but this game changes that, especially at 60fps just knocks it out of Central Park. Having got to about 65% of the story on PS4, I decided to restart on PS5 and I’m glad I did.

The characters are spot on, the story engaging and the gameplay is just so addictive. So much so that for the first time in an open-world game, I completed all the side quests and 100%’ed every part of the map. The combat for all the bases was so enjoyable due to the mix of gadgets and skills that Parker gains during the game. 

The end was a surprise too and the way Miles is introduced just makes me want to play the next instalment. As far as games go, it’s just perfect fun. Definitely worth a [10].
  • 119. Procession to the Calvary (Xbox Series S, 90 mins)

Quirky Pythonesque point and click adventure based on Renaissance paintings.  Much like the games it draws inspiration from the puzzles are a mixture of reasonable and mildly illogical.  I consulted a guide numerous times as there's a fair amount of toing and froing required in the admittedly small play area.  There's one puzzle in particular that I think I'd still be still be stuck on without cheating.  Still, it's an enjoyable experience and thankfully the isn't this funny? script genuinely is in places.  If you like the genre and find yourself hankering for a spot of Holy Grail style silliness it's worth taking a look, especially if you have Game Pass.  Probably the weirdest game I've played all year, which earns it an extra point. [7]

steamNEW.gif?t=1586515066
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I'm at 14...
  • 120. Wuppo: Definitive Edition - Switch (6-7hrs)

A regular fixture in the hidden gems lists I like to sift through online, probably not as good as it's cracked up to be in some places but still a fun little story driven platform shooter/lite puzzler.  It was billed as Metroidvania but that's a bit of a stretch imo.  The actual shooting is poor, the jumping isn't much better and the inventory is needlessly fiddly, so it was weird to find myself playing for the plot rather than the gameplay.  In terms of storytelling I'd probably have it almost on par with something like Wandersong, it really is a nice little well told tale with dozens upon dozens of genuinely nice touches, and while the mechanics are nothing to write home about they don't really detract from the experience. [7]

Co-op is bolted on and the sort of thing where any sane player would hate to control player two, but Tilly loved it anyway, and I enjoyed reading out the dialogue/selecting her conversation choices.  I expect she'll be up for reviewing it tomorrow, but for now this guy loves it, and it's a nice watch:

• 34. Halo 4 - 6 Hours - 10/10 - Xbox Series X

Hate to say it, but still my favourite Halo SP. Played through them all a number of times but this just has it all for me, and god is it a looker. Of course the Series X will be doing a lot to make it look as good as possible but how they got this performance out of a 360 I don’t know. It’s beautiful.

Potentially it’s because having read all the books I know who all the ‘new’ characters are and their backstory as well as all the little plot devices, but even so I still think I’d love it. The levels are perfect, the weapons, the movement, even the Prometheans everyone dislikes, they all do it for me. And did I mention it was stunning?

Plus Cortana looks great. What more could you want? Just 5 left and that’s all of them again this year. What a series.
  • Lolwut
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Lolwut

Yep, if I had to choose and could play only one Halo SP it’d be tight between CE and 4, but I think 4 would edge it.
  • 121. The Last Stop - Xbox Series S (6hrs?)

I'm not proud of it but I am willing to admit it - I liked Virginia.  Walking sims were fairly new to me when I played it.  I liked the bold choice of having totally shtum characters, appreciated the way it played with the flow of the narrative and didn't even wince at the heavy handed Lynchian stuff.  I must've missed a memo or two because it became a bit of a joke fairly quickly - on these boards at any rate.  General consensus is that Virginia was not a good game by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm pretty sure I gave it a [7].

The follow up effort from Variable State then.  It wants to be many things, but unfortunately falls comically short in most departments.  In a nutshell it attempts to be an interactive dialogue-centric kitchen sink Sci Fi drama with three separate-yet-woven narratives.  Someone was probably thinking Mike Leigh directs Under Your Skin with hat tips to something like Shortcuts, but the finished product is more Paul Danan directs a school production of Waterloo Road after watching Vice Versa.  I laughed too much while playing this.  Genuine guffaws in places (Spider might be the greatest fictional character of all time). The problem is - if it actually is a problem - I was laughing at rather than with it 90% of the time.  At the way the characters run.  At the way the interactivity is simultaneously redundant and woefully implemented (rotate stick to mend broken tea cup!  Press B to eat cereal! Walk to the left of the screen ahaha I meant the right!).  At the way every child character sounds like Morwenna Banks squirming in a big chair.  At the way one of the characters is an irredeemable turbocunt.  At the duet on the piano, jfc.  The London slice-o-life shtick misses the mark by a mile again and again, and every time I sniggered I liked the game a little more.

In terms of story I had absolutely no clue where it was going, and when it arrived at its destination I was more than happy to lap up the absolute ladlefuls of WTF.  I'd probably pay to watch a How Did This Get Made.

I shouldn't recommend this game, but that's what I'm about to do anyway.  Please play it.  It's not fun in spite of the wonkiness; it's fun because of it.  Like a videogame version of The Room, this is the sort of experience that deserves theme nights in pop-up cinemas.  'And you take the piss out of me for the stuff I watch?' was my wife's sneering input after witnessing a ham-fisted scene of interactive management comeuppance.  And this is coming from someone who actually watches Waterloo Road.  And Paul Danan's Celebrity Lock-ins. The bottom line is it's genuinely awful in places - there's almost no good reason for it to be interactive past the (mostly inconsequential) dialogue choices, yet it's relentlessly interactive - but overall I had so much fun I found it impossible to dislike. [6]

maxresdefault.jpg
  • 35. Halo 5 - 6 Hours - 8/10 - Xbox Series X

So actually…this was much better than I remembered. I never had the hate for it that everyone else did, but I didn’t remember it very fondly, but, it’s actually still a very good campaign with some great sections. Yeah there’s some low points but really it’s not that bad at all. Where they went wrong was the story as it’s very reliant on everyone having read the books which the vast, vast majority haven’t. Very odd decision. But gotta admit I really did enjoy the run through and I don’t think it’d come last in my Halo list.
  • 48: Beat Star (Android) 8/10

This is a free to play guitar hero where you tap the notes on your mobile rather than on your guitar.  It plays very well and looks smart.  Big glossy, self explanatory buttons to press.  It has a pretty good variety of songs.  There ARE quite a few stinkers to my 38 year old Tasmanian ear but also some good ones that I'd never heard before, and some old classics.

You also have different difficulty songs - the hardest songs (EXTREME, it says, and the songs' thumbnails have a little flame watermark on them so you know they're not fucking around) are proper hard.  It took me WEEKS to beat Rammstein's Du Hast but when I did, it was, all jokes aside, as big a rush as when I beat the Returnal final boss earlier this year.

As said it is a free mobile game with all that that implies.  You can only play it for so long before it locks you out and gives you a loot box  that takes 3-5 hours to unlock.  The loot box contains points that you put towards a different loot box with a song in it.  They get quite stingy as it goes on, and when you have to wait a week for a new song, I can't tell you how devastating it is when it's Papa bloody Roach.  In any case beating Rammstein felt like a final boss moment and it hasn't really been the same since, just going through the motions.  Some really good stuff here though.
  • I thought Beatstar was fine but if I'm honest I haven't played it in well over a month. I'll sound wanky here but I don't find the 3 lane setup that engaging, and I've said my piece before about the scoring and the reliance on perfect combos. It's a slick and well made game and I wouldn't ever say it's bad, but it's not for me. I never get on with any touchscreen music games though, I need the tactile response of a cla-clack button.
  • I'd be happy with just the 2 lanes to be honest haha
  • 122. Tanuki Justice - Switch (70mins)

For some reason I thought this was a port of a modern retro styled arcade game.  No idea where I got that information from as it doesn't seem to exist online.  Anyway, this has been in/on my watch list for a while and finally hit the juicy 50% off zone this week.  Warning: Good as it is at what it does, this is not what I'd describe as a £12.99 kind of game.  

I've seen it described as a bullet hell platformer in a couple of reviews but I'd have to roll out the Fryface.jpeg for that.  Considering what it is - a one hit kills, three lives to Game Over platform shuriken chucker - the normal mode is a bit of a pushover, especially as it saves between levels.  It's only hard to the untrained eye/thumbs; once you get cracking with the pattern learning it doesn't put up much resistance.  I was expecting to bounce off this given that I'd seen people complaining about hellish difficulty spikes but nahhh, it's far easier than many similar games and once you've learned a stage you can breeze through it as enemy placements are all locked in.  

It's a decent game.  Other than the arm-chancing RRP my only real complaint is the idiotic decision to map the run lock to the same shoulder button as the multi directional fire lock.  LR locks your fire in one of eight directions (while allowing character movement), which is fine, but ZR either locks your character in a free fire position if standing still (essential to success), or an auto run if moving (wot?!).  I lost so many unnecessary lives due to the character running off ledges I lost count.  It's a major facepalm - in terms of button mapping it's the worst offender I can think of....possibly ever - but if you fancy a short-lived cross between Ninja Senki DX and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World I expect you'll still enjoy this.  [6] as it stands, could possibly be an [8] without the (non remappable) control blunder and extortionate non-sale price.   

• 53. The Legend of Tianding [7]
    A great little platform brawler, loosely inspired by a real-life Robin Hood type character in early 20th century Taiwan. It's all very slick - the comic book style presentation, controls, combat (instantly tying enemies up and stealing their weapon, before kicking them across the screen), platform challenges and some tough but fair boss fights. It's only really the balance between story stuff and missions that lets it down - a little less running around doing errands and one or two more full-size levels and it would be right up there.

54. Chicory [8]
    A very pleasant 2D Zelda-like with loads of clever ideas based around painting colour back into the environment. The way paint solves puzzles is often ingenious, and it's easy to get distracted just trying to make each screen look nice. The story and themes are laid on too thick (Celeste tackled similar stuff much better), but it's hard to dislike even for a grizzled old cynic when everyone's so nice and supportive.
  • @Moot_Geeza I reckon Tianding would definitely be your sort of thing, as long as you can tolerate the padding between missions.
  • Was poised to type that it sounds woth a shot while reading the review, ta. Hadn't heard of it.
  • I should say I can't vouch for the Switch version. It really should be fine, but you never know these days.
  • 123. Rush Rally Origins - Switch (3hrs)

Very good budget rally game that nails the essentials.  There's not a lot of window dressing - just Time Trial, Championship and Race modes - but considering it only costs five pounds any bellyaching could be turned into a first world problems meme.  Straight from the off it's clear the handling isn't much deeper than any puddles you might splash through, which is absolutely fine by me; it's an arcade leaning time trial racer that wants you to chuck the cars through drifts on the hairpins and shave split seconds off your own times.  Create an account in-game (painless) and you can download individual leaderboard ghosts to race against too, which ups its longevity considerably.  The graphics options are also worth mentioning as it offers a huge array of sliders to tinker with to get the game running to your tastes.  Target 30, 60fps or 'highest' while reducing tree density, upping the weather effects, dropping texture quality down to medium and so on.  Plus it has separate options for handheld and docked mode, which deserves a round of applause.  As far as I could tell everything ran perfectly on mid-tier settings undocked anyway, but I did do the vast majority of my racing on empty tracks.  

It lacks analogue triggers, which is a shame, and the top time trial medals seem to need upgraded cars to conquer, but I would've enjoyed this at thrice the price.  [8]

406x228bb.png

124. Backbone - Xbox Series S (4-5hrs)

Excellent interactive post-noir novel dripping in grimy neon rainswept pixel art goodness.  It resembles a point and click adventure at a glance but it's not the kind that requires you to find scissors to remove sleeping gnome's beards - progression is mostly achieved via dialogue exchanges and clickable object elimination, you have no inventory as such.  You play as Howard Lotor, a trenchcoat wearing racoon PI who gradually becomes embroiled in a deeper plot that involves a sketchy establishment related to your first case.  Any further information would enter spoiler territory, but it's an intricately told tale that rattles along at an agreeable pace.  Games like this often nail the atmosphere but fudge the dialogue in my experience, but this scores extremely highly on both counts - I'm a skipper and a skimmer when it comes to videogame stories, but even the most basic exchanges in this felt worthwhile (it's rare to see a game that offers dialogue options that feel natural, and conversations flow nicely).  There's an element of wonkiness to the way it plays on occasion, but for a game of this ilk that's not a deal breaker.  

Much like Kentucky Route Zero it's wiped its feet on something in my head and I can't stop thinking about certain scenes.  Very impressed. [8]

backbone-prologue-1024x576.png
  • I always assumed those janky looking cheap racing games on Switch wouldn't be any good.  Great to hear, that sounds like a bargain.  Nice little hold over until Circuit Superstars at least.
  • 6. Bowser's Fury (Switch) - 8/11 - c5hrs
    100%ed. A good Mario. A bit too short and easy, but really fun anyway and well designed. Co-oped it with my boy who ocontrolled Bowser Jr - the co-op isn't much to speak of at all, might as well not have bothered, but at least we had father and son gaming time with it. If they had made it even remotely challenging and a little bigger, it would have been so good.
    [8]
  • I may yet get to double figures.  Games on the go:

Mass Effect
    Spider-Man Miles Morales
    Bonfire Peaks (I may run out of enthusisam for this soon)
    A Monster's Expedition (if I can be bothered)
    Death's Door (giving it another chance)
    Street Fighter V (a lot of MP hours, but aiming to get my platinum trophy too)
    Forza Horizon 5 (depends how much SP I get done before I can count this)
  • I'm still holding out hope for another mainline 3D Mario on Switch.  Tbh I'd happily pay for more Odyssey kingdoms but Bowser's Fury did seem to be a dry run for something else.  I'm not convinced the Switch could quite handle whatever that may be though, Fury did seem to be riding the hardware pretty hard.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Bowser's Fury did seem to be a dry run for something else.

Defo, bit like the Toad levels in 3D World getting its own spinoff. Its too good to be confined to just that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 49: Forza Horizon 5 (PC) 8/10

This 'completed' means I've done all the big events (I think).  Obviously haven't done all the races and challenges, and will still pop in once a week or so to keep an eye on what's new.

Horizon is very reliably good at this point and they can probably put the game out on a new map every couple of years and I'd be fine with that.  Have to admit I was hoping for more though.  The racing is great, the variety of shit you get to go keeps things relatively fresh from race to race, even getting to races is really fun, going cross country with very few genuine obstacles in your path.

It looks pretty good but was hoping for more.  My computer had a fair bit too much shrubbery popping in and textures that were slow to load.  Pointy elbow stuff but still.  I'm not sure this is miles better than like FH3.  Even though this is a game about cars, aurally it is a bit pedestrian.  No new songs caught my attention and the story is mostly just good natured bland people being alright to each other for a bit too long and you can't skip it.  I think racing culture needs a brooding emo makeover I'm a bit sick of this happy good times bright party stuff

It's a good game just hoping for a little more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!