Just completed
  • It was 12:14'27 - took a screenshot of the final stats.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Halo 2.

Don’t really have a great deal to add to my previous complaints in currently playing. There really are some great missions in the game, and there were certainly sections where I could get into a decent combat flow, but overall it’s a frustrating, unbalanced mess full of annoying insta-deaths and with a very limited range of effective tactics on the higher difficulty levels.

Already done the first couple of levels of 3 and the difference in the quality of the combat between the two is night and day.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's my best halo but it's shit
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Restarts: 12 Mr Everywhere: 18/20 (grr) Coins: 15/18 (grr) Files: 30/32 (grr) 31 healing 0 stabilisers 0 steroids

On my second play through I got 31 files without even trying, and I have to admit I let out an expletive when the stats screen came up.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    For AAA games you have to condition yourself to laugh in the face of optional side quests and ignore all unnecessary booty. Don't roll with the completionists; just have fun and move on. There are far too many games I want to play these days for me to bother wringing extra value out of something I've already had my fill of/fun with. Another one was probably released while I typed this.

I'm pretty good at not getting sucked into collecting all the stuffs unless I'm really enjoying collecting the stuffs. It's more just being able to commit myself to sitting down and playing for a few hours. I tend to get distracted easily.
    I aim to be better!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's Leon A route down in 3 days in resi 2. By fuck what an amazing trip down memory road with resi 4 trappings. Cannot speak more highly about it and ready to go into Claire's story. I got a B btw.
  • Stranger's Wrath, PC.

Hard, no upgrades, all outlaws captured alive, 10 hidden barrels found, 24 deaths (5 in the last timed section, which is always a git).  Interesting to play it with mouse and keyboard for the first time (played half that way).

Lost track of the times I've completed it, always a pleasure.

Next time will be on Switch as my son is bound to buy it.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It was already my favourite game of the generation, but it has taken years (and two hefty play throughs) to finally complete The Witcher 3. That’s the main quest, virtually every side quest (except Gwent), all the hunts and armour upgrade quests and there are only a handful of question marks left to mop up.

What a phenomenal game. On to Hearts of Stone next.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    That's Leon A route down in 3 days in resi 2. By fuck what an amazing trip down memory road with resi 4 trappings. Cannot speak more highly about it and ready to go into Claire's story. I got a B btw.

I'm pretty sure I've already saved way too much to get a decent rank, from what I remember of the system
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Stranger's Wrath, PS3

Must. Stop.
  • I have this on pc. Never played it though.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Stranger's Wrath, PS3 Must. Stop.

Never stop!  It really is one of the all time greats.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Kingdom Hearts III. While not perfect, it was basically everything I wanted from the end of the saga. Plus by far the best Disney content to date.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Scanner Sombre. That was really quite something, much more than I was expecting. Beautiful visual concept, great sounds, exceedingly chilling on a few occasions. Not going to forget that in a hurry, well recommended.
  • Oooh. Nice. Have it on the ol pile o shame and have been tempted.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Same, I've had it in the library for ages, if I'd known it was this good I'd have played it much sooner.
  • Spiderman ps4

A fun game, if overly long. If they had trimmed the fat it would have been a better game for it. Finshed main story and side mission. 74% of the campaign completed. Once credits rolled, disc was ejected and swapped for RE2 remake in cex within 30mins.

• Far Cry: New Dawn

Can't think of a game in recent memory where I disagree with the Eurogamer review more. I've enjoyed 3,4,5,Blood Dragon and the 3HD re-release but this feels like a very mean spirited attempt at £40.

The area of play is not a generous slice as Eurogamer call it but actually quite a small area and everything seems designed to pad it out.. I think even walking speed has been nerfed. You seem to constantly need to sprint but you can't because in default setting you can only sprint for about 3 seconds. Binoculars to scout are a perk, desecent sprint length is a perk.. seemingly all just to slow you down and make you spend more time trying to earn perk points.

There's only a handful of outposts and now you have to replay them at different difficulties. There are six side missions. There's a lot of stuff to unlock and build but nothing really to do with it.

It also feels rushed. I had to check youtube during one treasure trail as I was stuck. Sure enough some bug prevented the icon to get in the car from appearing. Reloaded, tried from mulitple angles to get near it but no joy..

Some of the mission design is cheap, some is just seriously dull.. timed target practice.. well done now do it again but with moving targets.. no thanks.

The asset re-use is grating to .. the very same character model hands out multiple quests in different places yet it's clearly not meant to be the same character..

It needs a massive over haul. Also the story and villains are shit and I ended up just skipping loads of it.

Oh and the final boss battle is a joke. Two bosses with way higher health bars than anything you've had to deal with before taking clip after clip of ammo with barely a scrath feels designed to pad out the end and ideally make you go round mopping up side stuff (although in this case grind stuff you've done before) in order to make better weapons and stats for your side kicks.

I'd certainly say avoid until it's a chalice and maybe not even then.. the franchise needs a massive over haul.

5 out of 10.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, I haven't played it, but I was interested to read about how they've changed the mechanics to a more RPG stat driven loot and perks approach. I suspect they're testing the waters here to work out if they can get away with the next FarCry being a lot of gamesasaservice/lootbox/microtransaction bollocks.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They can fuck off with it.

Bob wrote:
    Binoculars to scout are a perk, desecent sprint length is a perk.. seemingly all just to slow you down and make you spend more time trying to earn perk points.

vb2Y8Ek_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Finished the night before its second birthday.

I've put about 53 hours into it, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I found all the collectibles, did all cauldrons, tall necks, bandit camps and corrupted zones. The only things I didn't bother with are the hunting grounds, ancient armour and tutorial quests. So there was something there that I enjoyed.

Most sessions were doing some (side) quests, getting annoyed by something, and then preparing for my next session by collecting some medicine herbs if needed, plan my route, sell stuff at merchants etc. That way at least the start of the next session should be easy enough.

Can't say that I enjoyed the fighting that much, and I ignored it whenever I could. Which you can, running away is usual an option, or just trying to sneak between the bushes. Bandit camps were a lot more fun when I started using the sling shot, just set the path on fire that the ai will take to get to you.
    I've had two fights that I really enjoyed, both were with a bigger robot, and in a more open space. Felt like a lot of the fights were in places that were too cramped, it's no fun getting stuck between scenery when a robot is breathing fire in your direction. Or fall to your death because you roll off a ridge by accident.
    Spoiler:
    (spoilered the two fights, one of them was part of the story).

As for the story, I don't think I care about it that much. B said he really enjoyed it, and was surprised how they'd put it all together, a lot of it was done very late into development (he only missed about 8 months).
    Spoiler:

I'm just wondering if games like this can actually pull it off to tell these kinda stories. The world is beautiful to walk around it, at any moment you can stand still and look around and it's interesting. There's a lot around that you can interact with, the next thing to do is never far away and it feels very solid. I really enjoyed the climbing, yes it was very straightforward but it felt really good.
    Then a cutscene starts, there's awkward facial expressions, cramped camera angels, sometimes weird shader glitches, not all conversations are of the same quality and it doesn't always hold up.

Still, the game is quite an achievement. And to think it took a bit of convincing Sony to let them actually make it (if I remember it right they weren't that blown away by it when development started). Second anniversary today and 10 million copies sold.
  • Horizon Chase Turbo

It's old school 90s arcade racer but with modern depth. There's a decent career mode and a decent amount of tracks and cars.. you get the feeling that in the hands of Sega or Nintendo it'd of been polished until it was absolutely perfect (there's a couple of difficulty spikes and a little lack of balancing I found one car that was pretty much better than all the rest about half way through and never really needed anything else until right to the end).

Going back with better cars to get all gold to unlock new cars and to proceed may not be to everyones cup of tea but apart from one difficulty spike where I found it difficult to earn enough points the rest went pretty smoothly.

9 out of 10 nitro boosts.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was it the purple car you latched onto?  That was my fave.
  • It was basically the one that is the Lancia Stratos.. handled like a dream and then I chose my upgrades to give it more top speed to  balance it out. You know you can change the colour with up and down on the select screen right?

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkewing%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F1974_Lancia_Stratos_HF_Stradale-22_MH-1200x800.jpg
    The Forum Herald™
  • I did use that a bit for the final third but mostly it was the nippy purple one with the crap nitro boost.
  • Abzu

It was beautiful

edit: already on my second playthrough trying to find all the meditation spots. Enjoy swimming around with the fish. Kids like it too. The bit with the whales is incredible.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Strider 2014. Loved it. The best way I can describe it is Strider meets Shadow Complex, not just for the Metroidvania elements, but the graphical style felt very similar to SC, but with a Strider skin on top.

I thought that the various moves and abilities you pick up during the game were a great addition to the core Strider experience of plasma sword + the ability to climb everything in sight, expanding movement options, giving ranged attacks and variations on weapons that gave you nice defensive and offensive options. I particularly liked the fact that one of these options allowed you to take down some of the larger enemies in a fraction of the time that you would otherwise, the game making you stronger through new tools rather than adjusting some numbers.

If there are any criticisms that I could make, it's that the combat does tend towards spamming X even while using your abilities for crowd control, and the multiple small but connected maps made backtracking to clear up collectibles trickier than it should have been, but other than that, this is an A-tier Metroidvania for me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Titanfall 2 - one of the most fun inventive first person games I’ve played. Loved it. Everyone should play it and with that I have the disc going free on Xbox One if anyone wants it. I’ll post in the Free thread.
  • Titantanfall 2 is my favorite fps of recent years.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Same, in fact I'd go as far as to say it's one of my all time favourite FPS's.  A joyous, wondrous experience.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!