PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You're just making shit up

• 10. Volgarr the Viking.  I'll miss it; good clean brutal frustration/fun.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    10. Volgarr the Viking.  I'll miss it; good clean brutal frustration/fun.

Im beginning to think I need to revisit this. Was free on GWG, played 5 min and dismissed it. Was quite hard iirc.

• It only recent made its way to PSN (was on GWG before I picked a Bone up too).  I'm not convinced I could've handled in sat in front of a TV, but as a portable game I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Lovely animation on the main sprite too.  Do it.
  • Updated with the few iv played to completion so far.
  • Updated, 5 now, the right pace at least.
  • I forgot I'd finished one before Power Rangers:

5. Hidden Agenda (PS4) - An interesting one this. It's sort of like a choose your own adventure, but when you play it with other people, one person will get a "hidden agenda" that they have to complete which changes the story. This is done by using an app on your phone which can display information to you, and is also used to control how you make decisions. This game is a crime thriller where you follow a cop and a prosecutor throughout a serial killer case, but could easily be applied to other situations.

It's quite short, about 2 hours or so, which is actually a good thing as it means you can get through in one sitting with the same up to six people, little different than watching a film. Due to the branching story, there are a number of ways it can go. I'd be interested to see how it can change - one of my hidden agendas was to ensure a certain person died. If you can find it cheap (think Rave paid £7 for it) it's definitely worth a look.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is it best with 6 in the same room? Can you do it with randoms?
  • I played it with 4 players, don't think you can do it online, I believe it's local only.

Even numbers mean decisions can be deadlocked, which means either it grinds to a halt unless someone switched or uses a override card (can't remember the actual name), which you can get limited numbers of in a couple of shitty clue searching sections, which involve moving your cursor around the screen until a magnifying glass comes up then tapping on it. Or on some sections, there is a timer, which makes the decision for you.

I forgot to mention that you can vote on who you think has the hidden agenda, which gets you points if you guess right, and if you have the hidden agenda, you can vote for someone else to try and throw suspicion their way, which can help you complete your agenda as people are trying to stop someone else.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I forgot I'd finished one before Power Rangers:

5. Hidden Agenda (PS4) - An interesting one this. It's sort of like a choose your own adventure, but when you play it with other people, one person will get a "hidden agenda" that they have to complete which changes the story. This is done by using an app on your phone which can display information to you, and is also used to control how you make decisions. This game is a crime thriller where you follow a cop and a prosecutor throughout a serial killer case, but could easily be applied to other situations.

It's quite short, about 2 hours or so, which is actually a good thing as it means you can get through in one sitting with the same up to six people, little different than watching a film. Due to the branching story, there are a number of ways it can go. I'd be interested to see how it can change - one of my hidden agendas was to ensure a certain person died. If you can find it cheap (think Rave paid £7 for it) it's definitely worth a look.

Played this with my wife and the Elms. Four of us. We got a bad ending and by fuck it was a halt and stop and underwhelming
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The problem is not knowing what the hidden agenda is (yes, it's hidden) but there's no clue, so it could be something really slight. There's also no real reward to it
  • Yes and no. You're competing for points, but this can come at the expense of a satisfying story. I managed to get my agenda through, which caused a death, and took us onto the bad endings track which meant the story wasn't as good - but it meant I won. Both these things are, in this implementation at least, at odds with each other.

But yes, it's weird that the agendas can vary so wildly, from seemingly totally inconsequential, to story ending.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    ...it could be completing the game or playing 10hrs+ if it no ending...

Based on this, I’m adding FIFA 18. According to the Switch clock I’ve played it in the region of 30 hours so far this year (it was at 80 hours early in the new year, and I’m now up to 110 hours played).

As well as time played, I’ve played a complete season with Arsenal, during which I’ve won everything. Well, not every game, obviously, but, in chronological order, I’ve won the Asian Elite Cup (pre-season tournament thing), Community Shield, Copa Europe, Carabao Cup, Premier League, Emirates FA Cup and the Champions Cup (the equivalent of the Champions League). Interestingly (or not) I faced Manchester United in the finals of the last two.

The Switch version really is a cracking port. We’ve covered it elsewhere, but it’s basically the PS3/360 engine, with some (but not all) of the PS4/XBO 17/18 feature’s added, and a very impressive lick of paint. There are faults, but these are largely standard FIFA problems rather than anything exclusive to Switch; the commentary is long overdue an overhaul, and I have regularly had players who start every game complaining that they’re never used and want transferred.

I really need to put it to one side and look at my other games.
  • If it had online with friends I'd be all over it.

There's a few people on my friends list who seem to be playing it a hell of a lot, Rocket League too.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 12 with A Night in the Woods.
  • Fifa is totally unrealistic, gotcha.
  • 7 down withThe Stanley Parable.
  • Feel like I need to play games less atm, or at least be more discerning. I certainly have time to play them these days but end up putting many hours into things that really aren't that inspiring and wondering why I bothered at the end of it.

Spent a good chunk of today playing Grand Kingdom, for example, which is a decent enough game but not something that's especially challenging or enthralling or outstanding. Also just finished hammering through Gravity Rush 2, despite being annoyed by it half the time. Even Steamworld Heist a few weeks ago was fairly humdrum. Highlight of the year so far has been returning to Invisible Inc again, even though I've played it to death already, because it always delivers a captivating experience.

So, whatever, just thinking out loud (well, in writing) really so as to mark the considered effort I'm going to make to ditch games quicker if they're not great enough. Just going to pick the cream of the crop and revisit old favourites from now on. Edit: I should probably be reading more anyway.
  • Or do something else? Read? Paint? Gym?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Or do something else? Read? Paint? Gym?
    Yes, reading (stealth edited in). It's kind of weird because I often do that during the day anyway as part of work, but I could always do more.
  • My 52 games in a year thing is gonna get ruined by Monster Hunter. Can I just add 52 monsters in a year?
  • Technically, you’d only need to add 51.
  • 13. DOOM.  Sits on a pedestal with Aqua Kitty Milk Mine Defender DX as the only [9]'s from me so far this year.
  • Updated OP with Get Even, Brothers and RiME.
    4. Get Even
    17th January - 4th February

A first person thriller/horror by The Farm 51. This game starts off straight forward enough, you are Cole Black (that's right), your inner monologue informs you to find the girl.  Upon achieving this the game takes a swerve and you find yourself in an asylum playing out memories at the behest of a mysterious handler called Red.  What follows is a twisting, mysterious story of corporate espionage, infidelity and revenge, played out with gunplay, stealth and investigative elements in the vein of Condemned.  The story attempts to weave a plot that doesn't really come together until the final third, before taking a further swerve towards the end.  I felt there was maybe a twist too many and the plot a little convoluted in places for a game with a 20+ run time, especially when you are coming to this over several sessions.  You are encouraged without to use little violence, but stealth is not its strongest suit, and the gunplay neither.  However, it was an enjoyable game overall; immersive, great audio, especially through the headphones, and it ambitiously attempted to tell a tale despite its small shortcomings. 7.5

5. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    10th February

I originally played this on the 360, loved it then, and courtesy of MS' Game Pass, I got to love it again on the Bone.  I had forgotten how wrought with tragedy it is, not forgetting the ending, but there really is little to cheer about at the start and there are some dark elements interspersed throughout.  A unique proposition of single player co-op, you guide big brother on the left stick and little brother on the right.  A little confusion sometimes as their paths inevitable cross but an inventive play scheme nonetheless.  Despite the tragedy, there are a few poignant highlights as you interact with others along the way.  I'm torn on the ending, but this game is all about the journey. 8

6. RiME
    11th February - 12th February
    What a stunning, beautiful game by Tequila Works.  You are washed up on a beach, a little boy with a red cape.  The gorgeous cel-shaded, almost Ghibli like visuals grab you, the sense of wonder already present as you begin to explore your surroundings.  The wonderfully orchestrated music wraps around you and the lovely animation enchants as you run, leap and roll around.  As you push on you understand more, there are lots of hidden areas and secrets to be found, bundles of charm still to uncover.  Your sense of adventure pushes you on, the puzzles ahead test but never tax.  The journey is fraught, the story told without words is emotional and the ending stays with you after the game has passed, leaving you contemplative and misty eyed.  I understand upon further reading it had a difficult development, so TW deserve extra credit for crafting such a wonderful adventure, just brilliant. 9.5
    Started a 14 day trial on Microsoft Game Pass, like adding an instant 100 game pile of shame, but Brothers and RiME are on there and are both amazing games.  I might have to play something a bit butch or humorous next though, the last two have put me through the wringer a bit, RiME especially, stunning game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • How much is a 14 day trial for it?
  • Should be free if you've never used it, you might even have the £3 per month offer on your account.  Just login to your MS account and go on the store to Game Pass to check.  'Nana was able to buy the cheap month several times over to stack it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Nice, thanks.  Hopefully it's not one of those things that needs a payment method on file, like for buying 360 games.
  • It does need a payment method on file, but you can delete it straight after. You can no longer stack it though.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    It does need a payment method on file, but you can delete it straight after. You can no longer stack it though.

You sure? I literally just tried it to test and it still works for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!