Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My pace has slowed, it's been like a fortnight since my last completion.  Back on it though:

Pullblox World (WiiU)

I really liked the idea, and the gizmos allowed for some great early innovation and range of puzzles.  

... but there were only like two of them.  And they're the exact same ones as on the 3DS version.  Despite a more complex game release between the two.  So, much of the later difficulty was map navigation rather than actually really solving a puzzle.  And as the scale grew, they got more time consuming too, walking about etc., and just not in a hugely fun kind of way.  So, first half was a [9], but it fizzled down to a [6].  Overall, I'm gonna go with [7] vertices from a heptagon.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm going to also write up Seven Little Words (Android).

Nice idea - seven definitions (some straight, some mildly cryptic) for words that are broken down into 25 tiles (parts of a word on each).  The goal is to spell them all out.  

There's a mixture of difficulties - some pretty easy (including the free daily puzzles), and I also tried an "impossible" pack (*), with some trickier words.

All pretty mindless really - generally straightforward, but then some obscure ones (like "the highest point in the tropics", cos yeah that's so well known), which degenerate into guesswork.  So yeah, it's kinda OK but I don't know why I keep playing it.  Bog-standard entertainment I suppose.

So, uh, [6] consonants and a vowel.
  • When are you gonna play some proper/decent games?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well SM3DW fits that bill, doesn't it?  Shovel Knight & Renegade Ops?  Will probably hit something chunkier once they're down... get the current-gen consoles going again...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Muzzy is becoming our very own Shinya Arino.

tumblr_nmkenuhR231rq3mq8o1_500.gif
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That's footage of Muzzy working.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    That's footage of Muzzy working an invisible Elf's buttocks.
  • Not exactly completed because you can't really, but got all the trophies on Disc Jam. The last of these required winning 50 public online matches, which came along sooner than I expected (probably lost a similar number as well). No platinum atm so maybe more to be added later.

Will probably leave it for now and come back when there's some more content and the netcode is a little more consistent. Definitely needs more modes, stats, characters etc. to become a full package. So far though it plays an excellent game in terms of controls, moves and tactics. Had some cracking matches.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Digital only games never get plats iirc?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Some do.
  • Just looking down the list of games and it's a mixture. Some have some haven't. Not sure if there's a logic to it, but perhaps smaller games are less likely.

Not surprising on DJ though - it's not really a complete game yet.
  • It's a complete something else...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald (PC)

The kind of game that Elf would deride for not being a game but it is kinda a game just a very short game but it's kinda interesting so yeah it's probably like a [7] but probably don't bother playing it really.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    [7] for a free game off Steam with buzzcocks man sounds a'ite.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Life in a post-Stanley Parable world are we so cruel.
  • Zelda. Clearly more to see and do, but the deed is done and Hyrule is free again. Pretty much perfect. Not sure how it could be significantly improved on.
  • Dooooooooooooooooooooom

Finished it at the default difficulty in the end (Hurt Me Plenty). Have also done all the rune trials and a lot of the challenges, upgraded all runes, the suit and most of the weapons.

I like a lot of what it did. The simple slick movement, OTT violence and glory kills, weapon selection and implementation of the chainsaw etc. Was almost the FPS version of fighting games like Bayonetta in a way. Some of the battles feel epic and frenzied, but at the same time quite tactical. It's very generous in terms of content too.

But, while I could get more out of it by playing on harder difficulties and trying arcade mode, I don't quite like it enough to bother, because it's just that little bit too repetitive. When it comes down to it, one arena full of monsters isn't that different from the next. The enemies aren't really that varied - you mostly meet bigger and more dangerous versions of what you've already seen, and use bigger guns to kill them.

I switched it up to Ultra Violence difficulty for a few levels, and each battle required more planning and smarter execution, but then you come to the next one and it feels like having to do the same thing all over again. Some more varied enemy behaviour coupled with more imaginative level design could have made a big difference.

I might still spend a couple of hours finding more secrets and doing the final challenges and weapon upgrades, but otherwise I've had enough for now.
  • Finished off a few games in the last couple of weeks.  It's been an overwhelming time for new games that I am interested in!

Twilight Princess (WIIU)

Tried this on GameCube several years ago, but got sick of it during the second dungeon, thanks to the iron boots item.  Thought stomping around in them was really tedious.  I still feel that way, but it's the only item in the game I didn't get along with.  Double hook shot especially was really fun to use.  It's a bit clunky compared to newer games and I sometimes felt that dungeons dragged on a bit, but they seemed to get better and better as the game went on.  It's a fun adventure with a good sense of humour.  The twilight world looks really nice too!  Glad to finally see it through.

Vampire: Prelude (IPAD)

I think the full title of this game is Vampire: The Masquerade - Prelude: We Eat Blood And All Our Friends Are Dead.  Lol.  It is a high concept Choose Your Own Adventure, in that the interface is just like a smart phone and the story's told completely through text messages and pics that characters send to one another.  The pics are abstract drawings too.  It looks quite nice and there are a couple of nice visual flourishes from time to time.  There were a couple of cool characters but I didn't really like the protagonist much.  Was a former delinquent art school teen.  Couldn't relate and wasn't sure what she was on about half the time.  They story seemed to go off the rails a couple of times too, though that might have just been me misunderstanding it.  Got a bit sick of it at any rate, but glad to have played it, was a pretty interesting take on an old format and would like to see more of it.

Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Can't really say much that hasn't been said recently!  What a corker.  Bring on the expansions.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Prelude: We Eat Blood And All Our Friends Are Dead.  Lol.  It is a high concept

Did that come in a pack with the Mage: The Awakening story? Apparently that's the much better of the two. Had an eye on the Steam pack for a few weeks.
  • Finished DS2 sotfs.
    Ending was a bit outthere but then again I didn't pay attention to the lore.
    Excellent game but DS prepare to die was better.
    7 humanities out of 10
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Vampire: The Masquerade - Prelude: We Eat Blood And All Our Friends Are Dead.  Lol.  It is a high concept
    Did that come in a pack with the Mage: The Awakening story? Apparently that's the much better of the two. Had an eye on the Steam pack for a few weeks.

On the ITunes Store you can only buy them separately unfortunately, at least on the Australian version.

Good to hear the Mage version is better!  Will give that one a go.  Only tried the Vampire game because I was a big fan of the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines on PC and am familiar with the lore.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah Bloodlines got me very interested in World of Darkness generally and most of it is pretty damn good from a setting / atmosphere perspective. I'm a big fan of their Changeling stuff despite having played fuck all.
  • Nice.  I hadn't really looked into the other settings  - Just been having a read on wikipedia.  Changeling does indeed sound pretty cool.

Hopefully these first 2 do well enough to bring out some new game books from different settings.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That's Reigns out of my mind fore the foreseeable after completing the roundabout true ending to break the Devil's curse. Considering the pitch is "Manage a kingdom with the power of Tinder and don't get your throat sliced or develop diabetes" it's so much more addictive than that sounds. It has that easy and quick in-out play feel of the likes of Spelunky which is perfect for mobile. Love the little touches in gibberish each character "speaks" and the humour lingers after the first dozen times you've seen a particular series of cards.

[7] please release expansion decks out of [10]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Shovel Knight (3DS)

Pretty solid platform spade-em-up - retro vibes, pretty touch, fairly fair, etc.  A few levels were a slight slot where the checkpoints were too spread, but it was generally a good difficulty.

Game of the Century though?  Not for me.  I'll go as high as an [8] so as not to upset Moot, but no higher...
  • It's a remake of a NES game isn't it?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!