regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Started megapost. Oddly feeling more intrigued by the whole madness of it now
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is the portable grunt deficit confirmed?  I can't click on that video at the mo.  I'd filed that with the Mario Rabbids stuff as rumour.
    DF wrote:
    Next-gen handheld; last-gen console; who's it for?

Is the gist of what they said.

Andy wrote:
    Got a source for that image, @Escape?

It's a recent dev console; possibly Tyrone's (Binding of Isaac man). Here's the one that Fallon demoed:

Fallon.png

And the dock, noting the wee column that the recess aligns with:

Dock.png

You can use the dock on its side (its cable-management seems to indicate allowance for that), but I'd be wary of random disconnections without the Switch's weight as a bit of security.

I held off on PS4 or Bone for a long time

Yeah, I paid £180 for my PS4 early last year. Street Fighter V had just launched and I felt like I was missing out (oh, and how), and Uncharted 4 was incoming.

Yossarian wrote:
    I've never paid more than a Switch for any of them

14 chalices.
  • Warriors, mobile and Switch Fates port I reckon.

Fates would require sizeable amount of work to rebuild for Switch, I hope they don't bother.  Pokemon Sun/Moon should be the one they scramble across imo.
  • It is allegedly in development, and called Pokemon Stars.
  • Makes sense, as would a hastily cobbled together teaser asap.
  • People think it will be at E3
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Right, so here we go:

Nintendo Switch
    Out 3/3/17
    Cost £279.99

spedcial-nintendoswitch-hardware-boxart-02-1484289383180_765w.jpg

In the box:
    Switch Console
    Dock
    HDMI Cable
    Joy-Con Grip
    Left and Right Joy-Cons
    Joy-Con straps
    AC Adaptor

Nintendo-Switch-Specs-787806.jpg

The console has between 2.5-6.5 hours on a charge. It has been said that Breath of the Wild will run for 3.5-4.5 on a charge.

The Joy-Cons charge on the system when it is docked and will take approximately 3.5 hours to fully charge. They will last for approximately 20 hours on this charge. 

There is also a premium Joy-Con grip which is for sale for £27.99 at Amazon.

jpg

Launch Line Up

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild 
    Skylanders Imaginators
    Just Dance 2017
    1-2 Switch
    Super Bomberman R

Nintendo-Switch-Games-750x422.jpg

Games vary in price from £35 (1-2 Switch, on Argos) to £60 (Super Bomberman R, most retailers)

The Legend of Zelda also comes in a special edition box with sword statue, soundtrack, and switch case (£90, Amazon and Nintendo official store). The standard edition can be ordered for £49.95 from TheGameCollection.

See here for a good round up of current cheapest prices.

special-nintendoswitch-tlozbreathofthewild-boxart-smallbundle-1484289379145_765w.jpg

Other games scheduled to come out in 2017:

148432512992.jpg

March:
    Snipperclips
    Fast RMX
    Has-Been Heroes

April 28:
    Mario Kart Deluxe 8

Spring:
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Rime
    Disgea 5
    Arms

Summer:
    Splatoon 2

Autumn:
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Holiday 2017:
    Super Mario Odyssey

2017:
    Xenoblade 2
    Ultra Street Fighter 2
    FIFA
    Sonic Mania
    Minecraft
    I Am Setsuna
    Syberia 3
    Steep
    Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    NBA 2K

Online:
    Online will launch in Summer alongside Splatoon 2. This will be free until Autumn.
    As part of this, Nintendo will offer a SNES or NES game every month that will have online features. After the month, this will cycle out, and will be available for purchase.
    Voice chat, friend requests, and event scheduling will be delivered via a smart-device app. 

Accessories:
    There will be a wired and wireless Pro Controller. The wireless one currently retails for £59.99 on Nintendo's site, whilst the wired one will be £27.99. However, the wired one will not have the full functionality of the wireless one.

A Joy-Con charging dock retails for £29.99

A pair of second Joy-Cons retails for £74.99. Individual left and right ones are around £40 each. 

Game's official site has a good round up of accessories.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If there's anything I'm missing let me know.
  • Constructor (launch title)

Genuinely unsure if real or piss take. Believe real though.

http://nichegamer.com/2017/01/17/nintendo-switch-gets-ms-dos-city-builder-constructor-at-launch/

KoF 98 as well I think.

Oh and Octopath.
  • Probably real, they have been pushing Constructor recently as it is the 20th anniversary.
    I read about it being free or now available on Steam, sorry cant remember more than that., just that the devs are currently talking about it again.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Solid post @Reg. Thought online was from the start in the USA? Or is Splatoon the world wide release of the Nintendo online experience?

Is there anything known about motion controls in Skyrim? I have never played it before, but this might interest me.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I can't say the 32X wasn't fantastic for a fortnight or two.

I bought mine (well, my parents did) for DOOM, and as my first experience of the game it was superb. My favourite version arrived a couple of years later for the PlayStation. I don't mind the original, thrashy music, but as I ate one too many Sour Tongues from the tub I had for Christmas '95, the PS version's soundtrack was so good. I've written before about how cosy it all was, with its fiery skyboxes and wooden structures. My second-best Christmas, that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Constructor was a cracking game way back. Quite probably absolute shit, now.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    If there's anything I'm missing let me know.

The bundled Grip's non-charging, and the £28 wired pad's a HORI, not a wired version of Nintendo's Pro.
  • Escape wrote:
    I can't say the 32X wasn't fantastic for a fortnight or two.
    I bought mine (well, my parents did) for DOOM, and as my first experience of the game it was superb. My favourite version arrived a couple of years later for the PlayStation. I don't mind the original, thrashy music, but as I ate one too many Sour Tongues from the tub I had for Christmas '95, the PS version's soundtrack was so good. I've written before about how cosy it all was, with its fiery skyboxes and wooden structures. My second-best Christmas, that.

I had the 32X version, and perhaps a year later we got a 486SX PC that just about managed to run the sequel.  I had Star Wars Arcade and Doom at launch, then traded SW for VR Deluxe a couple of months later.  Metal Head was the only other game I owned, which I enjoyed immensely (texture mapping!), but it's beyond bobbins now.  The top-down view option grinds along at to 5-10fps.
  • It'll follow the way of the Wii and Wii U. Launches, hype overload, millions sold, joy. Six months to a year down the line it'll be discarded gathering dust by many leaving the hardcore to buy a new game every three months. Same as it ever was.

This is a myth. Wii had an attach rate about the same as 360 and ps3 which it handily outsold.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    VR Deluxe

Yeah, we both had DOOM and Bird Show. My only other game was Motorcross Championship — blummin' awful! I wasted a birthday on that 'cause I was into crossers at the time.
  • Yeah, Wii's attach rate was higher than some legendary consoles and is the 3rd highest selling ever.

People loved it despite its reputation of being put in a cupboard and becoming a dust collector.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Indeed.
    Some sales stats from VG Chartz.

MK Wii 35.54mil
    Wii Sports Resort 32.78mil
    Wii Play 28.92mil
    NSMB Wii 28.35mil
    Wii Fit 22.70mil
    Wii Fit Plus 21.79mil

Even Wii Music did 3.25mil
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    It'll follow the way of the Wii and Wii U. Launches, hype overload, millions sold, joy. Six months to a year down the line it'll be discarded gathering dust by many leaving the hardcore to buy a new game every three months. Same as it ever was.

This is a myth. Wii had an attach rate about the same as 360 and ps3 which it handily outsold.

I'm not questioning the sales. It sold like crazy. Just a lot of those users would've gone Wii fit, Wii sports, and fuck all else is what I'm saying. It became obsolete to those users in nae time.

My sample.Is taken from.three family members who all did that. Was a good laugh wheeling it out at family events. Nobody bothered a month later and it sat there or got sold/traded.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Disgusting, but I'm more on about the casual user. Was a toy to them. Not us life long gamers.
  • Attach rate was high but it did gather dust as well.
  • Vela wrote:
    It'll follow the way of the Wii and Wii U. Launches, hype overload, millions sold, joy. Six months to a year down the line it'll be discarded gathering dust by many leaving the hardcore to buy a new game every three months. Same as it ever was.

I'm not questioning the sales. It sold like crazy. Just a lot of those users would've gone Wii fit, Wii sports, and fuck all else is what I'm saying. It became obsolete to those users in nae time.

My sample.Is taken from.three family members who all did that. Was a good laugh wheeling it out at family events. Nobody bothered a month later and it sat there or got sold/traded.

My point is it was no different to any other console.

Most end up with a few games unused. Console attach rates are typically 5-12 games.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Vela wrote:
    I'm not questioning the sales. It sold like crazy. Just a lot of those users would've gone Wii fit, Wii sports, and fuck all else is what I'm saying. It became obsolete to those users in nae time. My sample.Is taken from.three family members who all did that. Was a good laugh wheeling it out at family events. Nobody bothered a month later and it sat there or got sold/traded.

But if you're saying most owners let their wii collect dust as the myth goes, then you are saying that the remaining few all bought 60 games plus to account for the casuals who only bought two or three. 

That's the myth. You have repeated it, not clarified it.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nae worries.
  • It'll follow the way of the Wii and Wii U. Launches, hype overload, millions sold, joy. Six months to a year down the line it'll be discarded gathering dust by many leaving the hardcore to buy a new game every three months. Same as it ever was.
    I'm not questioning the sales. It sold like crazy. Just a lot of those users would've gone Wii fit, Wii sports, and fuck all else is what I'm saying. It became obsolete to those users in nae time. My sample.Is taken from.three family members who all did that. Was a good laugh wheeling it out at family events. Nobody bothered a month later and it sat there or got sold/traded.

It's pretty much because these casuals treated the Wii like....
    a board party game. On tv.

Fickle market that. That's why I think Nintendo should mainly target families with kids. Chasing young adults with disposable income is nice and all that but that's Sony and MS territory. Families with offspring with gamer dads who want to introduce their spawn to gaming and play with them in a safe online environment. That's where Nintendo's focus should be and where they should look for a stable and potentialy huge userbase.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • One thing that helped the Wii attach rate is that the console is solid as fuck. Most 360 owners had at least 2 units and early PS3s had their problems.
  • Constructor is real, it's out on PC, PS4 and Bone as well. Although it's been delayed loads so who the fuck knows if it makes launch.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!