Just completed
  • Yeah, not sure it was worth it.
  • Hitman Paris level has reminded me of the u4 discussion.

Its the anti-u4. System and mechanics and signposting spot on. Game designed to have many fail states, but designed so well that it's not frustrating in the slightest.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Interesting...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • U4's ending was by the far the best thing about it...
    Spoiler:
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hitman. It's the game of the year you know
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh fuck it's so fucking good I now want to go and play it
  • JRPC wrote:
    U4's ending was by the far the best thing about it...
    Spoiler:

Yeah....it meant it was over.

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I can't skip the credits. Sigh.
  • Aaaaaand they're still going on...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Still?
  • There was a fucking trophy for watching them all. I kid you not.
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii
    bordude / bibidybobbidyboo

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Uncharted 4 I don't know why I bought it - I haven't really enjoyed the other games, but it was an impulse purchase. It's pretty, I'll give it that, and I don't actually mind the story. But the shooting, good god the shooting. Actively loathe the gunplay in this game. It's just so boring.
    What would need to be done to improve the gunplay? I'm not disagreeing with you, just intrigued.

Well, I really enjoyed the feel of the gunplay in The Division, which also has a third-person perspective, so perhaps it should be like that, or at least feel as enjoyable as that.
    Twitter: Mr Three-Dee@martingwilliams
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii

Send message
    I wonder what reviews U4 would have gotten if it was underwhelming graphically? I'd wager at least 2-3 points would be shaved off its score by many.

I reckon U4 will come to be seen in a similar light to Bioshock Infinite - a bit of a forgettable footnote in gaming history with a lot of head scratching as to what it was reviewers were thinking when they gave it 9s and 10s.
  • Not for me. It contains a couple of my most memorable hours of video gaming.
  • Indeed. I'd suggest the opposite in fact. It'll become the high water mark of naughty dogs output
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Right now that is TLoU, yet to be bettered in the mix of gameplay, story and setting. UC4 only trounces it graphically and we know TLoU2 will take that crown.
  • I find gameplay in Uncharted and TLoU to be by the numbers trash TBH.
  • I'm not sure TLoU2 will, I still feel it doesn't need a sequel.

For me 4 topped it anyway
    The Forum Herald™
  • bibidybobbidyboo
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @martingwilliams
    Xbox
    bordude
    PSN
    bibidybobbidyboo
    Wii

Send message
    I find gameplay in Uncharted and TLoU to be by the numbers trash TBH.

I'm inclined to agree, more so with UC than TLOU, which seems to have more depth when you increase the difficulty level.
  • Bob wrote:
    I'm not sure TLoU2 will, I still feel it doesn't need a sequel.

This totally.
    I find gameplay in Uncharted and TLoU to be by the numbers trash TBH.

And this.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I could never get over the gameplay of TLOU not matching the story being told. If they had had the guts to make it line up that would have been great, as the story itself seemed several notches above most games.

END OF THE WORLD APOCOLYPSE! it's ok, i'll only take 12 bullets. i don't need any more. also i think i'd killed off what was left of the human population by the end, 700 ish necks snapped or summat.
  • Smang wrote:
    I could never get over the gameplay of TLOU not matching the story being told. If they had had the guts to make it line up that would have been great, as the story itself seemed several notches above most games.

END OF THE WORLD APOCOLYPSE! it's ok, i'll only take 12 bullets. i don't need any more. also i think i'd killed off what was left of the human population by the end, 700 ish necks snapped or summat.

How did it not match up?
    He may only have had 12 bullets no?
    When the worlds gone to shit, Survival of the fittest.
  • It only works as a story if he's a crazed psychopath IMO.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm done with Rise of the Tomb Raider (Bone)

Really enjoyed the early bits, slowly building experience & confidence, feeling out new areas, making discoveries.

And then it does what all these games seem to do & chucks a shite ending in, just as I was starting to get a bit bored of it anyway.

More of the slower paced stuff & I'd have been much happier.  But still, a solid [8] quavers from a quiver.
  • digi wrote:
    I could never get over the gameplay of TLOU not matching the story being told. If they had had the guts to make it line up that would have been great, as the story itself seemed several notches above most games. END OF THE WORLD APOCOLYPSE! it's ok, i'll only take 12 bullets. i don't need any more. also i think i'd killed off what was left of the human population by the end, 700 ish necks snapped or summat.
    How did it not match up? He may only have had 12 bullets no? When the worlds gone to shit, Survival of the fittest.

it was a murder sim with end of the world cutscenes. it just didn't mesh imo, and the inventory was as dumb as a butt. i have 12 bullets, i find another six but i'm only going to take 12. why. it's a shame, as the production, writing and acting were the best i've ever seen in a game.
  • Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider.

It's very pretty, very competent, but kind of joyless.  Part of the problem for me is that I didn't particularly enjoy Lara's company, and the story simply wasn't remotely coherent enough to hit home.

I did however enjoy some of the challenge tombs, which felt much more like "proper" Tomb Raider rather than the Uncharted Without The Charm of the main campaign.  I don't want to battle weird Evil Corporations - I want to scale vast structures, completely on my own, whilst dodging traps and feeling like an explorer, thank you very much.
  • I also completed that the other night. Well, finished to story and got 100% game completion (collectibles, missions, challenges etc.) of the main game. I had plans to play the DLC and try the survival stuff, but I could get £25 trading in (meaning total cost of playing was £10) to go towards the Switch. I thought I'd do that before it dropped in value.

The story part of the game was utter bobbins, but generally environment traversal is good fun. The challenge tombs were usually great and, I'm sorry, but it's bullshit that they are optional sideshows and not the main event. There should be considerably more of them. I'd rather solve two puzzly tombs than solve one and then have to have another drawn-out gunfight.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's very pretty, very competent, but kind of joyless.  Part of the problem for me is that I didn't particularly enjoy Lara's company, and the story simply wasn't remotely coherent enough to hit home. I did however enjoy some of the challenge tombs, which felt much more like "proper" Tomb Raider rather than the Uncharted Without The Charm of the main campaign.  I don't want to battle weird Evil Corporations - I want to scale vast structures, completely on my own, whilst dodging traps and feeling like an explorer, thank you very much.

if you had uncharted's acting/writing with Tomb Raiders gameplay it would be glorious. both these games are missing the other's half.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A Bird Story (PC)

A muse upon childhood.

A treatise on the magical realism of memory.

A vignette of innocent love, via slapstick.

A narrative with no dialogue, translated into nine different languages.

A badger as the antagonist.

Empty, significant.

It's somewhere between a [4] and a [9].  Andy would hate it.  I have no idea what I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!