The Wolf Among Us...
  • Telltale's latest offering - Art style is lovely, and you can't beat Sawyer from Lost:

The-Wolf-Among-Us.jpg

the-wolf-among-us-pc-games.jpg

https://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus/

Anyone planning on giving this a go?
  • Psst yr thread name is wrong.

But yeah I was chatting with Bollo about this last night. I know nothing of the Fables universe beyond what I've read on the backs of the TPBs. A review that I read suggested that a lack of familiarity with the source material might hamper your experience of it, as it kind of glosses over lots of important things and characters that turn up. 

I've also heard it's as janky as The Walking Dead, but I can forgive that if plotting is strong.

Edit: well caught ;)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Fables is boss, Tempy. I am sure you could get into it. I'm only up to the 6th one in all these years because money.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Last word is the reason I know nothing about it
  • Tempy wrote:
    Psst yr thread name is wrong.
    Edit: well caught ;)

It took me 3 attempts!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I had a quick go of the demo on Sunday. Liked it enough to warrant a purchase but wasn't sure if it was CG or NG. Also, do you have to buy the first episode separately to the Season Pass?

As for the comics, I was a big Vertigo fan, but had stopped buying comics when this came out. Might download the first couple of issues to see if I like it enough to get some of the graphic novels.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I tweeted TTG today to see what plans there are for TWD regarding NG.

This then got me thinking about how do I stand regarding my TWD save if I start season 2 on NG?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I like Fable enough to buy this. I should probably finish Walking Dead first though.
  • Where can i get the comic pdf's from ?

Cough cough
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • This won't do anyone any favours now, but there was a Fables sale last week on comixology for $1 per issue, I guess it had something to do with this game, though I had no idea at the time.

Bought a bunch of the comics, then the next day in Steam's Coming Soon page they were advertising this game.  Only clicked on the link because I thought the main character looked like Bigby, and it turns out it was him - assuming the reason they didn't brand it as a Fables product was due to the Lionhead games?

Anyway played the first chapter on sunday afternoon, on PC.  Very Walking Dead and I'm fine with that.  Captured the style of the comics quite well. 

Probably only because I am a fanboy but I wished there was more stuff you could point and click on that would expand upon the universe a little, or give little easter eggs for fans of the material.  Not sure how much that would add to the game, but.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Pulled a double whammy and started playing this last night, followed by starting the first comic on my kindle. The world building in both is lovely and the whole set-up is excellent. The game has been very enjoyable so far, although I have found it to be a tiny bit slight on the gameplay side (even more so than The Walking Dead). I do absolutely love the who dunnit noir style though and I have already been sucked into the characters and the story.

The comic has had the same effect. It is just lovely and the story has been highly engaging.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might have to try the comic, any news on an iPad version of the game?
  • Downloading the demo at the mo. Just looked at the Season Pass which is £9.99 which isn't all of them , just episodes 2-5 and not the first one - which is sky ! .

Surely a Season Pass is everything ?
  • No, it's everything bar the first episode as it states there. Sometimes a season pass is just a discount too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Feels a wee bit like Telltale got lightning in a bottle first time round. Can't bring myself to want to play this despite having a pretty good knowledge of the comic series having read a whack. Hell I haven't even played 400 Days and it's sitting on my steam.
  • He says, loading up TWD
  • I really enjoyed this. Hadn't even heard of the comic series before playing this but I really enjoy a well written noir type mystery. It's a bit of a slow burner and involves a lot more exposition than the walking dead which benefited from all the characters being strangers to each other.

Played it using the steam game share beta but I'll probably buy it for myself when the next episode is released.
  • Frosty wrote:
    I really enjoyed this. Hadn't even heard of the comic series before playing this but I really enjoy a well written noir type mystery. It's a bit of a slow burner and involves a lot more exposition than the walking dead which benefited from all the characters being strangers to each other. Played it using the steam game share beta but I'll probably buy it for myself when the next episode is released.

How long is Frosty ?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Feels a wee bit like Telltale got lightning in a bottle first time round. Can't bring myself to want to play this despite having a pretty good knowledge of the comic series having read a whack. Hell I haven't even played 400 Days and it's sitting on my steam.

I played through 400 Days a day or two ago. It's decent but suffers a bit due to shortness.

• Kernowgaz wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    I really enjoyed this. Hadn't even heard of the comic series before playing this but I really enjoy a well written noir type mystery. It's a bit of a slow burner and involves a lot more exposition than the walking dead which benefited from all the characters being strangers to each other. Played it using the steam game share beta but I'll probably buy it for myself when the next episode is released.
    How long is Frosty ?

You can fire through it in a couple of hours without missing anything. Although I apparently missed one Steam achievement. 

It's the same length as The Walking Dead episodes.
  • Only Five buck on my store. Tempting...
  • I played chapter one of this yesterday - For some reason it stutters quite a lot on PS3 (not so much slow down more juddering/sound glitches) - but still really enjoyable - will definitely be getting the next one.
  • This is great! Finished the first two episodes in a couple of days, gonna save the next two for my time off work though.
  • This thread has a ridiculously small amount of posts.

Anyone that enjoyed The Walking Dead needs to get this too, you'll love it if you also like hard boiled detective fiction.
  • I need to get back on this - might replay 1 then pick up the others at the weekend...
  • What formats is it on?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    What formats is it on?

Check the link at the top - most things I think

• The final episode of this is out now.
  • I enjoyed this I must say

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!