Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    In the GTA V thread @FullSpectrum posted with the word 'potential' included in his scribble.

With GTA V there is talk that by shouting during a heist you can get more money from your victims, Dead Rising 3 has let it be known that during certain sections it may be beneficial to remain quiet so with these features in mind I started thinking about the games I'd like to play again and what potential they could have with the newer systems we now have or will soon have.

First up for me would definitely be Full Spectrum Warrior, better graphics would be a given but using the 2 features above you could include voice commands and military hand and arm signals for when radio silence is preferable. I myself wouldn't be too keen on doing these but I would have thought that for somebody like Microsoft who are trying to get across the improved detail recognition of Kinect 2 this would be an ideal title.

Secondly just because of the shinies and because of the ease in setting up games and comms I would love to see a next gen version of SWAT 4. For me there aren't enough tactical games featuring softly, softly since CoD:MW showed its face. Since then all the FPS's have got faster, faster and faster. A few years ago you had a choice, your Unreal Tournaments and CS for quick, twitch shooting and your Ghost Recon's, SWAT 4 and Rainbow Six for tactical gameplay. This is something I would really like see make a return and again something that could really make use of the features of the new consoles, from simple comms to things like using the DS4/Camera to point your torch irrelevant to where you are looking in-game.

Up in third place is Grand Prix Legends, a game that featured 'realism' at its core. You want to go out for quick lap in your BRM without warming the engine? Good luck with that! This game still has the best engine audio I have ever heard in a game, you could actually here something was going to go wrong before you felt it.

What would you like to see?
  • One of my favs was this:

I'd 2 player the shit out of that again.

You both start off with a base (you're some weird arsed robot/plane tranformer thing in charge of an army).  You make defences based on your money, like turrets tanks boats infantry blah blah... Then you fight over smaller bases (think BF conquest) to get the upper hand (more money and shit) until you build an army big enough to wipe out your mate.  It was totally "fuck yeah" in a can.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I would really like a HD Banjo Kazooie/Tooie with a few refinements to Tooie.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Herzog Zwei
    Sounds like a Tower Defence come RTS. It'd sell in the bucket loads!
  • Excellent thread!

Streaker needs to make a comeback - surely some Indie dev could do something with it.

• I'll sort out Olimite's entry

SABREWULF!!!!
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Exile.

_-Exile-C64-_.jpg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    SWOS
    Unirally
  • I would really like a HD Banjo Kazooie/Tooie with a few refinements to Tooie.

Of even just a worthy sequel.  The last one I played was nuts and bolts and it just got boring.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Yeah Nuts and Bolts had nice ideas but lacked the character and charm of the others, but I guess that went out the door with the OG Rare team.
  • I want to see a sequel or remake of north and south
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Resident Evil 2 - still my favourite from the series. Would need to be built from the ground up really.

Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel - Meant to be genuinely very good but I never had a GBC. Some tarted up Graphics (Twin Snakes standard) on the 3DS would do nicely.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Spiderman 2 in a GTA-quality city.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A Parodius in sparkly-built-from-the-ground-up-HD with all levels, powerups and ships from the whole bewildering array of previous versions and ports- actually - a "Parodius Final" type of setup would be nice - loads of prototypes etc to try in the levels.

Proper,comprehensive score attack modes, replay support, customisable power up meter - and get Treasure to do it.

Oh - have all the Omake levels in there too - and a few more besides.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Resident Evil 2 is a great shout!! Favourite in the series for locations and enemies.

And Super Probotector, that game rocked.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Spiderman 2 in a GTA-quality city.

This. Without some of the worse mission elements, though (that bit where you have to time jumps past the pulsing reactor under a time limit is awful).

You know the guy who designed the swinging mechanics is doing a Tony Hawks style game based around them? I keep meaning to do a thread for it (and possibly other stuff of minority interest).
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Super Probotector, that game rocked.

There's a sequel to that (well, to Contra 3, which it's a reskinned version of) on the DS.
  • Awesome!! But I'd love them to be able to translate it into a 3D environment. A slower paced co-op Vanquish alike in the Probotector universe.
  • There's a Probotector universe? I didn't realise they'd gone any further than swapping the sprites.

It'd be very hard to pull off a 3D remake, you'd have to keep the verticality otherwise you've just got another generic 3rd person shooter. Would be nice if they could, though.
  • Porsche Challenge and Atic Atac.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Some people have weird taste in desired remakes. Surely the point is not to pick a game you previously enjoyed, like say swos (no offence to whoever suggested that)- which has since been bettered considerably by other games in the genre? Surely it's better to pick something that was in some way unique? 

With that in mind i'd suggest Blast Corps and Wetrix
  • @equinox_code there's a fine line between remake and sequel.

Blast Corps is something I'd like to see a proper sequel to.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think its completely acceptable to want something you previously enjoyed possibly bettered in a number of ways because of today's technology.

And not just in terms of looks but online multiplayer integration, 5.1 surround, easily and quickly accessible leaderboards, gameplay modifications that simply weren't feasible at the time.

I love thoughts of my older games, but were I to plug them in now I'd miss more things modern tech gives us than marvel at the fact I enjoyed it so at the time with its technical limitations.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm offended, noxy
  • I'd love to see a remake or sequel to psi-ops from the ps2 era. Was a pretty damn good game with some nice touches. I'd be figuring the physics could be immense - lots of mind powers! 

Also a massive multiplayer fps in the world of North and South. Achievement for sneaking up behind an enemy and pinching their bottom mandatory.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ah, Psi-Ops. One of the several games I've bought because I heard it's good but have never and probably will never play. Sits right next to Crimson Sea, which has the same claim to fame, on my shelf.
  • It's not "amazing" but it is good fun. Dont know if it has dated well but at the time the controls and powers worked really well. Wouldn't mind giving it a play through again.
    SFV - reddave360
  • IIRC, it doesn't work on the 360, which is a big hurdle to playing it, since I'd have to get the oldbox out.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Unirally is a good call.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Jurassic Park Trespasser.
  • Actraiser!

ActRaiser-2.jpg

ADORED that game
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!