Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I looked for a thread but couldn't find one.

I had decided to get this with my launch console but wasn't really hyped for it until this morning when I watched the Devs/Comic Con trailer.

dead-rising-3-logo_zps074265aa.jpg

All New City, Massive Open World.  
    Featuring a massive and dynamic world, Dead Rising 3 represents a new benchmark for open-world gameplay. Powered by Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 lets you Explore the city of Los Perdidos while staying immersed in the action and stunning new-generation visuals.

Two Screens, More Action
    Xbox SmartGlass offers a more connected Dead Rising 3 experience. Use your SmartGlass enabled device to connect to the Zombie Defense and Control network and gain access to exclusive missions, new weapons, powerful military support features and more!

Sense the Danger
    With the all-new Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and respond to noises inside your living room.

The Ultimate Zombie Sandbox
    The zombies of Los Perdidos are smarter and deadlier than ever. With intelligent AI and shared awareness, players will be forced to employ all of their cunning, combat skills and creativity to stay alive.

2a4c59d8-df44-4efe-b588-6b584428fa5_zpsb89fde5a.jpg

081ab019-ebcc-47c0-bb00-37fdc3ee8b7_zps5bdf1c34.jpg

30cc7747-5808-4b12-b76b-b461032320a_zps334f0d97.jpg

011d9850-cf85-495d-baca-4584b3742f8_zps843fe387.jpg

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The only thing that stopped me totally loving the first two games were the dreadfully painful boss fights. But now it seems they've gotten rid of the slapstick vibe. Why can't it just be awesome?
  • Sense the Danger
    With the all-new Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and respond to noises inside your living room

Now that to me is the kind of innovation Kinect needs, it goes beyond mere microphone input. Imagine stealthily creeping through a zombie infested building and the missus/kids come crashing into the room and unleashing chaos onscreen.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think that's something that'd be cool the first time only.
  • I'm always wanting the missus to button it during game time, this would be the perfect excuse. She'd probably get into it too.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • NO WEBBINS KINECT SUX AND WE DON'T NEED IT REMEMBER!?

I would be totally down for this game if they hadn't stuck it through the Gears of War colour palette and lighting machine.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good if the noise of my phone ringing. Bad if it's my 3 year old walking in having just had a nightmare.
  • Shit sorry, no positive Kinvibes, terrible idea, down with this sort of thing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Its fine, the 'could be done with a microphone' defence still applies
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Too fukkin' rite m8. @webster
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Its fine, the 'could be done with a microphone' defence still applies

A microphone is localised input, albeit that does pick up some background noise. Kinect being multi array allows for nuances such as background to be separated from voice so omgIthinkIvebeenkidnappedand brainwashedbyMS... terrible idea Big Brother blah blah
  • Don't quite think the mic would pick it up if it was a noise someone else has made.And also the Kinect will pick up sound without having to be worn at all times, just left plugged in. Its a nice little touch, I like it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Probably have to kick the pets out.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It probably wouldn't be like setting off a witch in Left 4 Dead, more like them raising an ear and shambling toward you. You could always pause it if someone comes in.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    It probably wouldn't be like setting off a witch in Left 4 Dead, more like them raising an ear and shambling toward you. You could always pause it if someone comes in.
    It shows it in the top video, a few in a corridor and he shouts something and they all turn around to face the noise. It sounds like an in-game thing but they mention it just before showing the clip (segment starts at 1:19)...
    Roujin wrote:
    I would be totally down for this game if they hadn't stuck it through the Gears of War colour palette and lighting machine.
    It is a bit isn't it. I suppose the bright colourfulness that we see would change once all the shops signage, posters, etc had all been neglected.
  • I think I'd prefer it to be a mic only thing. Gaming while someone else is in the room if somewhat anti-social anyway, insisting they don't make a sound while your playing is pushing it further.

Not sure I like the new palette / tone, DR should be about putting as many Lego heads on zombies as you can before caving them all in, not Last of Us style misery. Could still be quite awsome though, it's got mankinis.

Zombies shouldn't run however.
  • It probably mostly responds to phone calls,coughs,sneezes etc,which I actually think is a great touch as it corresponds to real world possibilities.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adored wrote:
    I think I'd prefer it to be a mic only thing. Gaming while someone else is in the room if somewhat anti-social anyway, insisting they don't make a sound while your playing is pushing it further.
    I'm guessing it will only be in certain sections (could the game distinguish between in-game noises coming out of your speakers and noises from within your room?) and I really like the idea. People have been saying what can the Kinect add and here is something. From Day One the Kinect will be doing something to add to a game that doesn't involve me swinging my arms about. I like it.

Verecocha wrote:
    It probably mostly responds to phone calls,coughs,sneezes etc,which I actually think is a great touch as it corresponds to real world possibilities.
    So do I, a great touch in a game of this type.

adored wrote:
    Not sure I like the new palette / tone, DR should be about putting as many Lego heads on zombies as you can before caving them all in, not Last of Us style misery. Could still be quite awsome though, it's got mankinis. Zombies shouldn't run however.
    I hate running zombies and Dead Rising shouldn't have them as it has always been in the shuffling zombies camp.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I love the idea of playing and someone walking in, saying something, and the game reacting to it, and me doing a pained "shut up!" face. It's a gimmick sure and fun the first time then that's that. But I still love it.
  • I think you could have some fun with it, rather than it being a super mean anti-social everyone shutup srs bsnss thing like people are making out.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd like to be able to sync my phone with the Xbox One and then have any real life calls come through the game (if the game features a phone like Dead Rising, GTA, etc).

I'd like this because it would encourage me to turn my phone off when gaming rather than saying "for fuck sake" every time it rings.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The scenario I saw was like in DR1 when Otis calls you, but in this it could come through to your real phone.
  • It's a terrible idea, what's my nice cosy living room got to do with the zombie apocalypse. I don't want to have to sit in silence when I play games either.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hear hear.

Or not, as is.
  • No its actually a great idea, you simply don't like it.So turn it off, that's kind of what life is about, then you can keep your cosy room nice and quiet while other people who want the extra immersion can have it.
  • No, it's a terrible idea that won't function past a poorly implemented novelty that I will switch off if I play the game but you can muck about with it if you like it.
  • I quite like the idea of the Kinect microphone being used in this way, will serve to make the game much more immersive but I can also see it being something that will be turned off quite a bit. When I'm playing home alone this feature will be brilliant... But I've no chance of getting the lady to stay quiet for prolonged periods of gaming. 

More of a novelty than essential addition but a nice one at that.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't see the appeal playing on your own. You'd either turn it off/not play it because it'd piss you off or your room would be in dead silence anyway for it not to matter.

It'd be an interesting component for multiplayer though. Especially if it picked up conversations over voice chat so if you're sneaking around you have to lower your voice. Someone lays on the funny, BOOM. Zombie horde.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I hope that's an indication of the tone they're going for in the game and not just a reaction to interbitching again. I did do a lol at what he made at the end there.
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!