Ratchet and clank: in to the nexus (for dante) :)
‹ Previous123
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    For PS3. $29.99. Disc and Digital versions.

Quote:
    Long-time Insomniac employee and the visionary behind the Ratchet & Clank series, Brian Allgeier, noted that “the time was right to come back to the core series” with Into the Nexus after he'd spent time on Fuse. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault were enjoyed by some and criticized by others, but it can’t be disputed that neither was a traditional, true-to-form Ratchet & Clank game. Allgeier said that doing a “family” and “competitive” game, respectively, allowed his team to finally “do something different,” but Into the Nexus finally allows them to go back in an old-school direction.

Quote:
    Oh, and as for the complete lack of innuendo in Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus’ name? One of Insomniac’s working titles for the game was Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nether Regions. But the developer eventually settled on Into the Nexus as its final title (it will be called just Ratchet & Clank: Nexus in Europe).

And as for a Vita iteration? It’s entirely possible, but it’s still up in the air. The Vita version of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault met a whole lot of trouble during development and came to the market much later than it was supposed to. As such, Insomniac is cautious this time around. “Everyone would love for it to come to Vita,” Insomniac’s James Stevenson told me, “but it has to be up to the series’ standards” before the company makes any definitive statement.

In the meantime, rest assured Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus will be available for PlayStation 3 this fall both digitally and on disc -- and for $29.99 to boot.

quote:
    While it's not as big as A Crack in Time, it's much much larger than Q4B or FFA was. It's pretty meaty. New planets, lots of new weapons, lots of variety and stuff to do.

Quote:
    The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/07/rncintothenexuscinematicjpg-50f52d_640w.jpg

http://i1.minus.com/iFc7Uh7c8KXcg.PNG

http://i2.minus.com/iYXvAl25FtLWX.PNG

http://i1.minus.com/i2f4MXuGwIJ56.PNG

loads more screenshots here....
    http://minus.com/mlhTslXGGIYfR

ign link to article here....
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/traditional-ratchet-clank-is-back-with-into-the-nexus?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Disappointed it's not a 'full' game, but yeah, I'll buy this.

Tools of Destruction, WFB and Crack in Time were all great.

If they did a trophy patch for ToD I'd buy it again happily.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Probably the best news ever.
    Get schwifty.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I do like a bit of R&C.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    As of this morning (coffee hitting bloodstream may alter this opinion..) it seems the entire R&C series has passed me by. 

Where would be a good place to start? Best PS3 version??
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Tools of Destruction is still one of the best PS3 games around. It's the best version far and away.

Quest for Booty is a small bit of DLC.

Crack in Time is ok.

The HD collection hasn't aged well.. the games are full of difficulty spikes and rubbish bits.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Tools of Destro it is then Bob. Ta.
  • Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tools of Destruction is a great place to start isanbard, if for no other reason than they follow on from each other. But yes, it's also one of the best games this gen.

The best news is that Qwark will be in this as well.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with A Crack in Time. From what I remember it's up to the same standard of quality as Tools of Destruction.

In fact I may have to bust out A Crack in Time this weekend for a third play through. Just to be sure.

An eye-wateringly gorgeous R&C for PS4 announcement next please, Insomniac!
    Get schwifty.
  • Crack in Time is also excellent, yes. Very Mario Galaxy.
  • It was fun but not quite as perfect as Tools of Destruction. Which I played through twice.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'd still pay decent money for a new (proper) Jak and Daxter.
  • It's not quite as good as Tools of Destruction, but then what is?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It was fun but not quite as perfect as Tools of Destruction. Which I played through twice.

Tools of Destruction was by no means perfect. The flying sections were atrocious; something A Crack in Time improved upon.
    Get schwifty.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    12 pooond down at Shopto for a bit of ToD. Can't go wrong for that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    “the time was right to come back to the core series”

What's the difference between this and the games they have been releasing?
  • All 4 One was a 4 player affair, and QForce was tower defence.
  • I'm very much looking forward to the new installment. The PS3s indian summer continues! This may mean I can put off my PS4 purchase until after chrimbo!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    All 4 One was a 4 player affair, and QForce was tower defence.

riiiiiiight...

I'd been under the impression they'd been cranking them out regularly and people weren't that interested any more. Which is why interest in this surprised me. Hadn't realised it was back to the original format (because I hadn't realised they'd strayed from it).

Seems an odd thing to do, you'd think they'd save up for a proper/full next gen version to tie in with the film. But I assume they'll do that as well.
  • The 2 'proper' PS3 games are outstanding, the more of those they make the better.

Is ToD on PSN? Got some money in my wallet I'd gladly drop on it again.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Always thought Jak was far better, but enjoyed R&C a lot. Haven't played Crack in Time though. Wonder if I can get it off LoveFilm before they shut their games down?
  • Crack in Time introduced quite an irritating puzzle element iirc. Tools was great right up until the end which turned into one of those boss endings that seems to go on for days. Memory's a bit vague on the both of them tbh, must get back to QfB though.
  • The boss battle was fine if you found all the pieces of teh special gun.

Crack in Time puzzles where ok as I did them all.. it can't of been to tough.

@Mod .. I think Sony thought it might be good to do a 'Mario' with some of their figures and Ratchet & Clank fell into that for a bit. No ones was interested as it's obviously a lousy idea.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    adored wrote:
    The 2 'proper' PS3 games are outstanding, the more of those they make the better. Is ToD on PSN? Got some money in my wallet I'd gladly drop on it again.

Couldn't find it on SEN online so popped for a copy on ShopTo. Might be  a different story on the PS3 store perhaps??
  • I've never noticed it online cos it'd be peanuts and well worth going through again.
  • I have Crack in Time unplayed at home.  Really should play it.  I loved ToD until I hit a wall near the end and gave up on it.
  • If only they'd make another Croc game.
  • Gobbos were funny. My mate's cat resembled one of them if you squinted in the black of night.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Seems an odd thing to do, you'd think they'd save up for a proper/full next gen version to tie in with the film. But I assume they'll do that as well.

Well this is somewhere between Quest for Booty and a full game, so we probably will get a full game for the film.

It makes sense since it's been four years since the last proper title.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    But only six months since a title.

You can appreciate they'd want to do something less depressing after the Overstrike/Fuse experience. Did anyone watch that developer commentary of the Sunset Overdrive trailer? They were saying how they'd insisted it should be stylised and MS had said "sure" then they said no really it has to be stylised and MS said "yes, we said sure once".  Think Fuse had been quite bruising.
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that neither QForce or All 4 One set the world alight with their sales.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!