Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My shed's covered in debris from high winds, but this new one's nice and clean.
  • I still haven't finished my hitbox.
  • I'm going to make something one day. I've got a van da graaff generator collecting dust under the stairs and a fight stick I never use so this is going to take some careful planning.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Some Bison you are.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Sony Dual Analog, updated for current consoles:

360 analogue on the left, original on the right. The DA's longer, comfier handles were shortened for the DualShock 2 to save on plastic, I believe. PS comparison.

I'm coming to the end of another stick build, this time featuring Seimitsu 24s in an ergonomic layout inspired by SEGA's Virtua Stick, with my usual Saia mini-JLF.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i want something like that virtua stick but with a nice image on it.
    i lack the skills for making anything like that but i like looking at the pretty pictures.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I have very nearly finished my hitbox. It is topped with leather but it needs a basepiece to mount the PCB. I want perspex and have no perspex.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    How much Perspex do you need?
  • Oh, an A4 sheetsworth. Ordered some.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've got an 8' x 4' sitting here at the mo...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Not enough for The Homer, though, is it.

Why aren't you mounting on the underside of the top, B? Shoving the goods up from below seems a bit cavalier of cabling. That's the benefit of wood: underside mounting on PCB feet. And quieter buttons.

Wooden beam?
  • I... am? I think?

Basically, 'tis a wooden rectangular frame, with a larger, button-featuring and leather clad 'lid'. (Actually the frame has 6 button around it too, for Start/Back/Home/All That Noise.)
    It's attached to a couple hinges so the lid's angle can be adjusted and indeed lifted open clear. Access to innards that way and/or via the removable base, which is what the perspex sheet'll be for, and the PCB will probably be screwed into finally on little posts.
  • My only slight concern at this point is, well, slightness. Could have to plonk some rocks in there to keep the whole thing transfixed By the Powa of Gravity
  • You play with the hitbox on your lap mostly? If so just felt the base plate. I got a qanba the other day and it sticks like a mofo.

In other news my hitbox build has stalled. Will pick it up again after Evo. I also demand pics of your latest creations, Scape and Brooks.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You can count on my usual photographic bungle in the nearish.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Re: purchase, for some disturbing reason I've the image of a docking trapdoor for the chap. Go away, Brain.
  • Ugh, this is going not so well. Box is functional, but either by positioning or the vagueries of my muscles, it's proving no easier, indeed a little trickier to get complexer maneuvers to come out, and of course 3SOE doesn't actually feature an input display toggle so I've no idea what I'm consistently fluffing.

Theory: Possibly the inputs are coming in too fast, and so overlapping when they shouldn't. Am wondering if some kind of hard micro delays can be inserted in the signal path e.g. with resistors or capacitors or something to filter the signals.

This is pissing me the fuck off.
  • I built myself a computer the other week.

9gKJ2.jpg
    wsViu.jpg
    0xrW1.jpg

Also built the Desk because I am a boss.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've built a few now and tbh I wish I had the money to build another, they've always been top spec at the time so have cost a few quid...
  • PC cost me 800 quid but I also had to buy the desk and a chair so spent 900 total.

So far it's been amazing and the well worth the money.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The last one I built for myself cost £900 (just the PC) and the one I built for work cost around £1,900 for everything (monitor, keyboard, etc). I'd love a couple of grand to spend on one for myself now!
  • @Escape: Have you come across instances of button modding re: spring strength? Let's say I want even greater sensitivity than regular Sanwas.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    @Brooks

Your cardinals must repent. Too late, but I think Tekken 5: DR would've sorted you an input display.

Possibly also too late, 28-mil left-hand buttons would've given you full switches or Rollies.

Seimitsu 24 switches are two-stage, and they activate just before the first. I'd personally have them over Sanwas for this. Sei skeletons have convex tops.

Engage distance can be lowered by adding whatever between the switches' white ends and the plunger undersides. Bit of a bodge, though, 'cause all you're doing is pushing things down at default.

Far as I know, Toodles' is only for eliminating simultaneous cardinals, not for any flavour of prioritising over diagonals. Which most games do natively, bear in mind.

For PIC ideas, roll on to Scenyx and ask RDC if a 12F683 or similar can be programmed for minimum signal holds. I go by Stranger there, if you want that as a PM opener.
  • Had at some brief mods last night. I've got a couple spare Sem 24s, but stuck with the Sannies for the time being. Basically went for the 'noiseless' plunger mod - stuffing with a couple layers of felt - to cut engage distance. I think it helped - missing less when at twitch speed (or near as my constitution is capable of twitch speed) - but I'll see if Sem's very slightly stiffer switches help further too, when a few more have pitched up from Gremlin.

Whether I do same for actual attack buttons remains to be seen. Their comparatively deeper engage now means I've less of a chance of hitting them during quick maneuvers before they're due, possibly.

Major issue is actually placement of the Left button, which I stuck a little below the Down on its left. This confounds sliding/rolling techniques quite a lot though, so will re-drill and rectify as per legit Hitboxes after all.

An extra PIC solution seems like fun, would appreciate the intro if my round of tinkering basically goes to shit.

Fucks alive though, I don't think that dreaded Flash Kick Ultra of Guile's has ever been easier to pull off. Not that this matters to me - I'll be content if I can just get those EX Tengu finishers out more than rarely.
  • IMHO Semitsu > Sanwa all day err'day in the button department.

I find regular sannies so twitchy that its difficult to be precise. Sometimes the merest touch is enough to engage the switches. I am frightened by your quest for moar sensitivity brooks.

You are a madman. A MADMAN. Although I always respect a man who knows what he wants, regardless of convention or convenience.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Do you play 3S on ggpo, B, or xbox?
  • Xbox now, in that they have GGPO.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My connection might be on the mend for all this robot-striking, zwei kampfmen.

I've adhesive cork on order for a warm, grippy underside. But mainly because my ply's gnarled.

RDC-intro-wise, whenever, B. An @ bell to the usual.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    wsViu.jpg

tardis23.jpg
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    3hrlT.jpg

Coming soon: my collection with parts info.
  • I think Kraftwerk laid an egg
‹ Previous123456710

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!