theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Because I'm sick to sodding death of that other goofy thread title.

400 Days out this week, sort of.
    The PSN version will be available July 2 in North America and July 10 in Europe, while the episode will be released July 3 on Windows and Mac via Steam and the Telltale Games Store. The XBLA version will be available worldwide this Friday, July 5, and the game will launch July 11 on iOS.
  • Complex release dates much.
    So it is pretty much being released on a system and or region every third day for a fortnight.

Anyway, what is all this?
    I take it 400 days is like a form of 6th chapter or epilogue?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Apparently it's about the length of a chapter, but chronologically it's told at the same time as the first game. Some characters pop up and locations are re-used.

On top of that yes, I think it's supposed to somehow bridge from the end of season one to season two.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    [Twirls emo scarf, flounces out of thread.]
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Talking of emo scarves, ERE, have you checked out the giclee prints being sold on some site called Cook and Becker? I've ordered myself the print called Journey.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Apparently it's about the length of a chapter, but chronologically it's told at the same time as the first game. Some characters pop up and locations are re-used. On top of that yes, I think it's supposed to somehow bridge from the end of season one to season two.

Sounds interesting, I will pick it up at earliest convenience, will probably wait until all of Season 2 is out before playing that though.
    Too impatient once I start to wait for chapter releases.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    [Twirls emo scarf, flounces out of thread.]

hahaha.
    Mod74 wrote:
    The PSN version will be available July 2 in North America and July 10 in Europe, while the episode will be released July 3 on Windows and Mac via Steam and the Telltale Games Store. The XBLA version will be available worldwide this Friday, July 5, and the game will launch July 11 on iOS.

link?

im wondering if psn version will include the vita version of 400 days and season 1.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Definitely will be checking this out, sounds interesting.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Anyone tried this?
  • I've got it but waiting until tomorrow night to do it in a single go.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just got it as well but I expect I'll do it tomorrow as well...
  • Had one story left after that which I've now finished. It was short but sweet, there wasn't enough time to get invested into any of the new characters but it still has me looking forward to season two.
  • Cool, il be jumping into this later in the week, just finishing episode 5 off tonight. Not to bothered about it being short, just want more. When is season 2 due?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Gamermike wrote:
    Cool, il be jumping into this later in the week, just finishing episode 5 off tonight. Not to bothered about it being short, just want more. When is season 2 due?
    An October date to tie-in with the AMC's season 4 wouldn't be completely unexpected. It would also give them time to make sure that most episodes are completed so we don't have the seemingly never-ending delays that we experienced during Telltale's first season.
  • I think I'll wait until all of season 2 is available so that I can play them all in quick succession. The impact of season 1 may not have been so great if I had played each episode as it was released.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I think I'll wait until all of season 2 is available so that I can play them all in quick succession. The impact of season 1 may not have been so great if I had played each episode as it was released.
    Certain episodes took ages to come out, it certainly was annoying but in a way it was nice having the suspense and anticipation of waiting for the next episode. Just keeping to a schedule would make me happy.
  • I thought it worked better myself, I think having them all there to play through as soon as you like would have caused me to get frustrated with the game play. As it was only 4-5 hours every month or so it remained fresh.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I played through it all in one go and I certainly didn't get frustrated by the game play, I was too busy feeling compelled by the story, something I haven't had from a video game since I was a child.
  • I just prefer to have momentum going. Personal preference, works better for me. I've played games like Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us in separate sessions with gaps between them and I think that may have affected the experience and my overall enjoyment of the games.

One of the reasons why I prefer feature length movies to TV series. Mini series I can handle, just watch all the episodes in a row over a couple of days or so, but not lengthy season spanning series.
  • I'll wait until they've all been released as well.  Or I'll try to at least.  

I have a terrible habit (mental illness?) of getting into something (sci-fi, westerns, sharks) in a big way and then dropping it like a stone a fortnight later and not touching it again until something stirs my interest again a year or so later.

I had this issue with the first series where I played episodes 1-3 back to back and then had a break.  It meant that by the time 4 and 5 came out I had lost all interest and had to force myself to play it.  Still enjoyed them, mind but almost certainly not as I would have had I been 'in the mood'.  

So because I'm a weirdo I'll try play them back to back next time round.
  • Just played this through.
    Starts a bit ropey but stick with it and it all links together and sets up nicely for season 2...

Those who have played it...
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I completed season 1 earlier. I thought
    Spoiler:
    so it was nice to be wrong. Still an emotional ending though.

So how much actually changes?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've jumped back into the first season after a few months away, mid-way through Episode 3.

It really is wonderful, isn't it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    So how much actually changes?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    2. Is the biggest difference then. Cool stuff, cheers.
  • Ooh, this is on iOS now, I was waiting for that. iPad was the best way to play it.
  • Oh awesome, I might get involved then.  You're totally right it was made for iPad and headphones; it was like playing a comic book.  I spent hours lying in my hot tub playing the first season.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Oh awesome, I might get involved then.  You're totally right it was made for iPad and headphones; it was like playing a comic book.  I spent hours lying in my hot tub playing the first season.
    Shit, I'm going to have to buy it now!
  • I played it on an iPad 3 and found it to be a thoroughly lovely experience.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!