The Last of Them...
‹ Previous12
  • I was looking at my lovefilm list and trying to find more titles to add to its dwindling number when it really struck me how little was left I really want to play from this gen.

I do go through games pretty quickly and I would say I'd played most if not all the worthy games of this gen to me, but I also would imagine that's down to my limited taste. So I thought I'd list what I have left I want to actually play, and if anyone else lists their's see what I can pinch to further build mine in the few months we have remaining before some of us begin to move on. I used to be one to collect consoles but to be honest I'll be keeping a 360 only for Halo titles so I want all these finished by the time I get the One.

Oh and only the SP's, with the limited time I give myself to play MP I wouldn't choose anything over Halo and maybe Gears as I'm a gay best for both.

PS3:

The Last of Us

360:

Spec Ops
    Singularity
    Metro Last Light
    Tomb Raider
    Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
    Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
    Devil May Cry HD Collection
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Silent Hill HD Collection
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Things to revisit on harder difficulties or as I thought they were pretty shit but perhaps worthy at some point to go back to:

Gears of War: Judgment
    Dead Space 3
    Resident Evil 6
    Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Isn't that Walking Dead game supposed to be all kinds of shit?
  • If you want to play the SH Collection then get it on PS3, they didn't bother releasing a patch to fix the myriad of issues on the 360
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • @Scout Oh yeah I know most of these are pretty shit, like I said its scraping the barrel now really with some as to whats left. Like I don't really like CoD but always run through the SP.

@Shinji but I get really annoying cramp using the DS3 as I got big weightlifters hands so I always play multi formats on the 360. Plus I'm a saddo and wouldn't mind breaking 100,000 Gayboy points before the XBOne, on 90,000 now and I doubt I'll play many/any of those through more than once...if once.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm playing through a big catalogue of older titles on my PS3 at the moment one by one. Currently it's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which i'm so far really impressed with. So, we've got....

Yakuza 3 & 4
    De Blob 2
    Lost Planet 2
    Resistance 3
    Prototype 2
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Dungeon Siege 3
    Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
    Siren: Blood Curse
    Folklore

And that's just for my triple. Still got plenty of PC games to complete including Telltale Walking Dead.

The list goes on. Hope it helps if anyone forgot particular titles they fancied to play. Dead Space 3 isn't a bad game but it's the weakest of the three games by a fair bit.
  • Jojo ASB, and I don't even expect that to be much cop beyond presentation.
  • I've got Yakuza 1&2HD 3, 4 and 5 to get through.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've only played the first two which were great, violent pieces of fun with lots of quirky Jap humour and minigames. Only the first has dubbing though.
  • I've got a translation for 4, 5 I'm on my own.
  • Have you done Spec Ops 'The Line'? Supposedly good for the SP story. I have that and Binary Domain on the list.
  • Except the Binary Domain bit.
  • Have you done Spec Ops 'The Line'? Supposedly good for the SP story. I have that and Binary Domain on the list.

Ooh good call with Spec Ops, BD didn't quite strike me but I'll look again!!

@Bollockoff I loved Lords of Shadow, thought it dragged on a bit but great game.
  • Spec Ops was, until The Last Of Us, my favourite SP game of this generation. The Last Of Us does poo on it from a height though.
  • Have you played Singularity? I thought it was Bioshock-lite and a decent romp. Both Metro 2033 games have been excellent and atmospheric, the sequel refined the original's format somewhat.

Loads of great arcade titles too - I particularly liked Dust.
  • Loved the first Metro and need to add the second to the list, and I think I've completely missed the boat on Singularity, but if its anything like Bioshock its gotta be worth it.
  • I'm enjoying Remember Me, well worth a Lovefilm rental.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Saw that on the suggested list, lets get it love filmed. How does the memory mixing thing work?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @Verecocha drop the Walking Dead from your list and have a dabble on the State of Decay demo instead, I reckon it'll scratch your zombie itch nicely.

I've got far too many to list, which is handy as I'm planning on leaving the next gen to the metals for a while.
  • Not that complicated and only specific scenes, but still cool. Basically you're given a replay of someone's memory, and you slowly play ut back and you're given things to change;knock over a bottle or unlock a door, and this changes the outcome of the memory for that person. This causes them to change their behaviour, so they might then become an ally. Its not something you trigger yourself but is pre determined.

Other than that, the general vibe is cool, and a different take on the world which is nice. Combat is solid. A pure Edge 7 - lofty ambitions which aren't quite reached but if they make a sequel will probably be excellent.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Even though they gave it 8.  :p
  • Ha, didn't know that. I would say its an 8, just seems the sort of thing Edge would give a 7 to.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    heres my still to play thru list.

ps3.

anarchy reigns.
    valkeria chronicles.
    binary domain.
    kindoms of alamour: reckoning.
    rage.
    skyrim.
    a tiger woods game.
    nba 2k something.
    enslaved.
    and all the ps+ stuff, like loads of it.

halo aniversary.
    fable.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • My to do list:
    Okami HD
    Ico / SOTC HD
    MGS 1-4 (these are the only games here I've previously completed, back in the day)
    Peace Walker
    Revengence
    Fire Emblem awakening
    Zelda :OOT (3ds)
    Star fox 64 (3ds)
    Shadow Complex
    Year Walk
    Baldurs gate 2 (iPad)
    Bayonetta

Should take me til early 2014.
  • Some well-regarded iOS game. Don't know much about it. Just bought it on a recommendation.
    Meant to be genuinely scary.
  • Fucking hell, you could literally name any game from the last 2 years of this gen and there's a pretty decent chance I haven't played it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Year Walk?

IOS title. Got a nine in Edge. I bought it off the back of that review. It was total shit. Couldn't even get past the first few minutes through total, utter boredom.
  • Also. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? If th great was the last game left on earth I wouldn't bother...
  • Also. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct? If th great was the last game left on earth I wouldn't bother...

I'll take it off then, I was sure it'd got some great interest but I was obviously mistaken!
  • my PS3 list isn't too bad, as i've tended to only keep a few games at a time.  the only game that deserves more time but hasn't had it is dark souls.  a few others hardly get played but...i've only played about a dozen games of FIFA13, keep it for odd multi-player games with my mate but no interest in the SP stuff.  also got wwe12 and megadrive collection as gifts, both of which are basically crap (wwe12 especially), but i kept them out of politeness (plus they have no trade in value!)

the wii is a little more shameful, as i got games even after i basically abandoned the console, and here are a few games that haven't been played anywhere near as much as they should have:
    mario galaxy 2
    zelda skyward sword
    okami
    metriod prime 3

on PC, then the pile of shame is probably every other game that has been on a steam sale in the last 3 years! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't hear anyone lamenting the pointlessness of their life without having played Botanicula.

‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!