FEZ II
‹ Previous12345
  • FEZ 2. It lives. 

3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Haven't finished the first one yet. Must rectify that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Rejoice! I still need to fully complete the original but will probably need to resort to a guide cos I'm not clever enough to figure out the alphabet myself. Probably.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I got stuck on the original as well, and allthough I'm happy enough just wandering around enjoying the beautiful gameworld I should really try and finish it.  I imagine I've got plenty of time before this is out though.
  • I loved the original, but only played up to the point where you needed to do more than just rotate the screen/solve simple puzzles to find the cubes.  I admire what they did past that point, and appreciate I missed out on 50% of the game, but the insane amounts of effort required wasn't for me.  Plus that update thing freaked me out, as I didn't want to agree to the patch in case it wiped my save. 

Brilliant game though.  I know people hate that Fish guy who made it, but he amused me in the documentary and didn't seem to be anywhere near as evil as the internet said he was.
  • I did 99 possibly 100 percent.

Did that final/largest black stone do anything?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I loved the original, but only played up to the point where you needed to do more than just rotate the screen/solve simple puzzles to find the cubes.  I admire what they did past that point, and appreciate I missed out on 50% of the game, but the insane amounts of effort required wasn't for me.

Aye, if it were nought but a platformer with a neat rotating mechanic it would've suited me just fine.  What we got was so much more than that it left me somewhat bewildered (in a good way), kudos to those who put the effort in and got to see the ending/s.
  • OMG!  One of my games of 2012!

I absolutely loved Fez and wasn't expecting a sequel.  Any game that makes you carry a bit of paper and a pencil while you're playing it is alright by me (and my Spectrum-playing 10 year old past self.)
  • ARGH

Tried to play a bit of Fez today, and I have that corrupt save thing!  What was the fix?  Is there one?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Apparently they started working on a fix in April, after MS dropped the patch fee. It'll be a couple of months before it's out.
  • I'll hide away until then :( Thanks chum.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Like most I love Fez, it's great to play on a rainy Sunday, but still haven't finished it.
  • That makes me sad :(  WTF has happened?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    FEZ II is cancelled.
    i am done.
    i take the money and i run.
    this is as much as i can stomach.
    this is isn’t the result of any one thing, but the end of a long, bloody campaign.
    you win.
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • Sounds like a big spaz fight all round.

The comments on the Polytron site are awful.
  • Fish seems to attract the people most like him.

Fez was brilliant. Fish acts like a spoilt kid.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • This article

http://kotaku.com/twitter-blowup-leads-to-sudden-cancellation-of-fez-ii-93454858

Suggests some internet man was being quite insulting to him and Jonathan Blow. It seems like an overreaction but who knows, he's free to do what he wants.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    xW4hUUd.jpg
  • What's saddest is that he I dont think either ever meant it, or that either of them are actually arseholes. fish is probably pretty difficult to work with, definately opinionated, but hes a fucking artist. He puts so much of himself into what he creates and he is far more capable than so many others at creating something of genuine merit. Its sort of accepted that youre going to be difficult. And does it matter?
    His work can be scrutinised, and debated, hated and revered. But i think going after him personally is a horrid move. yes, hes done the same, and thats pretty fucking low too. Is it really surprising that he'd just shut it all down? Not really. That guys comments was meant to come through his 'character voice', and after attacking game devs for so long, its easy to forget how different an independent developer with no PR filters will react.

It'd be an absolute shame if he didnt come back, as i like to hope both sides are sort of regretting this whole thing already.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I haven't watched Invisible Walls for years now but I liked Marcus when I did. And I agree 100% with his opinion now.

Shouting "do you know who I am!?" and demanding an apology is a noob mistake. I'm struggling to think of a popular artist in any other field what doesn't generate opinion about themselves personally as well as their work.

We've all said X or Y is a knob at some point. It's fine to slag Molyneux or Blezinski relentlessly but if you criticise rent a rant you're a horrid beast. Nah, I don't buy that.

I enjoyed Fez a lot and was looking forward to Fez II. It's shame Fish decided to start taking pot shots. First casualty in the next console war.
  • Too many gamers are fucking juvenile cunts.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Agreed. But I'm not sure what that has to do with this.
  • Beer's a dimwit and Fish appears to have mental health issues.
  • Wow, this is just astonishing. That Beer guy sounds like a royal cunt, and Fish seems to be overreacting. If he really cancels Fez 2 for good then that's a right shame cos the original is utterly fantastic.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I set up a  new thread thinking 'This is it. The posts will start coming in - this'll be my first bona fide success on the B&B. Then very soon the cars, the money, the women...'

Then this. I don't know what's worse. Fez II getting cancelled, or not being part of the B&B elite.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    pandajimmy wrote:
    I don't know what's worse. Fez II getting cancelled, or not being part of the B&B elite.

Wasn't it you who made an UTTERLY TASTELESS joke about having high turnip prices in the Animal Crossing thread? You'd already pissed that up the wall mate!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • hahaha.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I can't say I've ever been a fan of his - he comes across as a bit too antagonistic for my liking. But nothing against the guy, just the way he expresses himself at times.

The problem I feel is that he is so exposed to social media and that makes it easier for him to engage in arguments and easier for his more outspoken critics to respond in inappropriate ways.

If he was making games 10 years ago, no-one would be upset enough with his statements enough to write an angry letter, and fez 2 would exist.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Thought he would've adopted the thick skin of Team Meat. J-Blow will never learn.

Feel sorry for Fishy.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Cosigned.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nice formatting. Until the quote ruining it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!