Xbox One
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Holy shit, just worked this out and I’m so in.

This deal doesn’t just upgrade existing Gold subs, it also upgrades GamePass subs.

Currently a month’s GP on CdKeys is £1.99. Three years for £72, add on the pound for the upgrade, and I’ll get three years’ Gold for less than the price of two years’, plus GamePass on top.

Win.

I think there's lots of stacking. I'm wondering what'll happen if I try and buy a Gold sub and enter the code. Gold does stack but I don't know what it'll do with Ultimate.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • also, if you have 6 months gold, and 6 months gamepass now....you pay your £1 to upgrade and will end up with 12 months of ultimate, possibly 13 cos i feel like they throw in an extra month too maybe. (this assumes the deal hasn't changed since it first came out).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Holy shit, just worked this out and I’m so in.

This deal doesn’t just upgrade existing Gold subs, it also upgrades GamePass subs.

Currently a month’s GP on CdKeys is £1.99. Three years for £72, add on the pound for the upgrade, and I’ll get three years’ Gold for less than the price of two years’, plus GamePass on top.

Win.

I think there's lots of stacking. I'm wondering what'll happen if I try and buy a Gold sub and enter the code. Gold does stack but I don't know what it'll do with Ultimate.

From Eurogamer:
    Also, it's worth noting that any Xbox Live Gold subscriptions you try to add to your account after joining Game Pass Ultimate will be converted at the following ratios:

1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
    3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
    12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-11-you-can-covert-xbox-live-gold-and-game-pass-subs-into-ultimate-for-cheap
  • Holy shit, just worked this out and I’m so in. This deal doesn’t just upgrade existing Gold subs, it also upgrades GamePass subs. Currently a month’s GP on CdKeys is £1.99. Three years for £72, add on the pound for the upgrade, and I’ll get three years’ Gold for less than the price of two years’, plus GamePass on top. Win.
    I'm not certain on this, but i remember reading something that suggests once you're on Ultimate, if you add individual gold, it will add it as ultimate but for half the duration...dunno if you get a choice in the matter or not.

edit (yoss beat me to it, I wasn't just remembering his post above!)
  • Darn it.
  • Actually, incrementing in months is possibly worth it, if that's indeed possible.
  • I have to say, there's some quality curation of Pass content on both the PC and the Bone.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game is on Gamepass now.

Not for everyone, but it's a fun game (IRL)
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game is on Gamepass now.

Not for everyone, but it's a fun game (IRL)

Make up your mind.

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'd forgotten how annoying the Bone's front end is.
  • Is the Bone X worth it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you have a 4K TV and are a fan of shinies, I’d say it is.
  • I do and I am. Black Fri is around the corner so I'll wait for that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Faster loading too. Performance is definitely better in games. F1 2018 had a lot of screen tearing on the old xbox 1, I've not seen any on the x.
  • You get dynamic puddles in Forza games. Totally worth it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s the shadows cast by fences when your headlights hit them that always gets me.
  • You do realise there's a new Xbox next year don't you? Only reason it makes sense now would be if you were doing that subscription thing and you'd get the upgrade.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is the Bone X worth it?

I wouldn't have said so, not with a NuBone around the corner.

Doesn't your PC render all Bones moot anyway?
  • I have an X, and just a 1080p tv, but that way you get better performance and shinies over 4k. The only thing i think i'm missing out on is not having HDR on my TV, and I reckon HDR is prob more benefit than 4K too.

I wouldn't have said so, not with a NuBone around the corner.

Doesn't your PC render all Bones moot anyway?

There's plenty of stuff on Bone that's not on PC, but I didn't know there's a new one due. Plus I need to start doing more forum multiplayer. Cross play is getting better but it's still scant.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, new Bone slated for next Chrimbo. Backwards compatibility already confirmed.
  • That’s over a year away though. Nothing wrong with jumping in at the tail end of a generation and having some fun.
  • take a look at that subscription/finance service MS are offering that includes an option to upgrade to the new box next year?
  • Didn’t think the Elite Series 2 would be that much better but it feels absolutely beautiful. Just a better iteration of the best controller ever but it just oozes quality.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Non-swappable batteries though, that puts me off.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Non-swappable batteries though, that puts me off.

Be interesting to see how the battery copes, but considering each element is so perfectly put together I imagine the battery will be the same. The little charging dock is lovely.

I got mine for £300 (ebay voucher). Sold old xbox for £100. £200 upgrade? Absolutely bloody love it. Shit looks incredible.
  • As I mentioned in the Forza thread, I found out last night that my console is now in the preview for the Project Cloud console streaming thing. So that's the streaming of your own console and games via WiFi or mobile connection, not the streaming of select games from their own servers, a la Stadia or PS Now.

So on the console there's a quick diagnostic check of all your needed gear. It'll then make recommendations based on that, for instance, it told me my controller needed a firmware update, and that it'd be beneficial for me to wire my console to my router. That'll be easy enough eventually once I get some cable ties as they're both in the same room.

Got the app on the phone and linked my controller as expected, and boom, we were away. Now, yes, I'm in the same room as my console and everything is on my home WiFi, but it was still pretty impressive. Didn't notice any lag, although it was a tiny bit choppy while playing offline Rocket League. I switched my phone to 4g and ehhhhhh, nah, it wasn't good at all. Maybe wiring my console to the router will improve things much more, but right now it's a cool little glimpse into MS's future.

Grinding fifa FUT online whilst on a quiet nightshift is the dream, and I think we're almost there. Gonna test it out at work just now for a little bit, but I'm not holding my breath over hospital WiFi or Three's coverage in Wishaw which isn't great.

Peeps on the console insider program should've been getting 2/3 updates this week, another one this morning. Look for a message on the dash about it.
  • I came from days of PS3/PSP remote play which was choppier than a choppy thing, although I guess infrastructure wasn't as good then. Was cool to see how seamless this all felt.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!