The E3 thread - Games Talk
‹ Previous123456790
  • Ok, so the PS4 Vs Xbox One thread is pretty specific on the systems themselves so I thought i'd crack this open before the proper E3 threads start. 

So are people actually looking forwards to E3? 

What do we know? We expect MS to come out fighting after the seeming online criticism they've been getting for only talking so far about the machine. PS are making a play for the Indie scene so do we expect them to announce a gazillion smaller/cheaper downloadable games? 

What are you looking forward to? What are you not? (for me its normally the drivel speeches and fake clapping)

Do you expect anything to look next gen?

E3 IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Sunday 9th june, 19:00 - 19:30: Call of Duty Ghosts, All Access-special
    http://www.callofduty.com

Monday 10th june, 17:30 – 19:00: Microsoft E3 Press Conference
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hub

Monday 10th june, 21:00 – 22:00:  EA E3 Press Conference
    http://www.ea.com/e3

Monday 10th june, 23:00 – 0:00: Ubisoft E3 Press Conference

Tuesday 11th june, 2:00 – 4:00: Sony E3 Press Conference
    http://e3.eu.playstation.com/en_GB

Tuesday 11th june, 15:00 – 16:00: Nintendo Direct over Wii U-games
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Tuesday 11th june– Thursday 13th june: Square Enix Presents-livestream
    http://www.youtube.com/SquareEnixPresents
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm looking forward to sitting on this thread slagging everything off. Except Destiny.

Incidentally, when are the Sony and MS press conferences? Can we get times and dates added to the OP, plox?
  • hmm, I dont think there is any info on the e3 site yet but i will update the OP as we go. 

Forgot to mention ninty, they're going to have to announce something major to get people buying the wiiu. I'm expecting new Mario, mariokart, new metroid and i've got a feeling.. just a feeling that this year might actually be a new f-zero.. 

Also expect an advance wars as its quiet on the 3ds front for that.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I want

Shit on MGS: The Phantom Pain
    Shit on Destiny
    Shit on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Shit on Project Eternity
    Shit on Creative Assembly's Warhammer fantasy game (probably not)
    Shit on why feminism is bad for business as a booth babe. With booth babes.
  • Sony's is June 10. 6pm PDT (Whatever that is in UK time) Apparently you'll be able to watch it on a Vita if you have one.
    Microsoft's is the same day, I can't find a time at the moment, but it is before Sony's one.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    MS are doing two afaik. A pre-E3 thing (like they did with Kinect) then a main stage part of the programme one.
  • where did you find that sas?
  • nintendo are doing their direct things aren't they?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If anyone shits on any game i'll be impressed.

Thinking on it i'd rather not peruse shit on The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The teaser and premise is good enough to warrant knowing nothing till you play it.
  • mk64 wrote:
    where did you find that sas?

Well the Sony one is on that fuzzy PS4 video they released the other week. The MS one is just general website browsing.
  • anyone else excited by MS saying they have lots of new IP? Or will it just be shovelware stuff?
  • Would love to hear some news about Last Guardian, but my hopes aren't high.
  • can't seem to find where i'd seen them, but i found this

Microsoft Monday, June 10th @ 9:30AM PT
    EA Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT [1]
    Ubisoft Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT
    Sony Monday, June 10th @ 6PM PT

and there's a Konami one on the Thursday prior (6th?) at 10am PST
  • @MK

Nintendo's E3 direct is June 11 @ 7AM PT
    Believe!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    anyone else excited by MS saying they have lots of new IP? Or will it just be shovelware stuff?

I'm hopeful of the "15 exclusives 8 new IPs" thing. I'd be surprised if we saw all of them at E3 though.

They did say pre reveal that was the box and E3 was the games. And Whitten did mention the games in development even if he didn't show/name them, so I'm hopeful that was the plan and not just a reaction to the shitstorm.

It seems likely that everything they show won't be for everyone, but I'm hopeful there'll be a few things that interest me. They do need to be Xbox exclusives though. Anything that's coming for PC I'll just get on PC.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Forgot to mention ninty.

I think you covered them adequately.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Forgot to mention ninty.
    I think you covered them adequately.

honestly the reason I didn't was because as a 3DS owner I dont really need anything new to be released anytime soon. I've got so much to get on with. 

If i was a wiiu owner though i'd be praying for something mega!

also - updated the OP, cheers for all the help.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    PST is presumably the same as LA time, in which case they're all eight hours later in the UK.
  • That thread title will grate.

As for games I'd like, as always, to see something new.  Showing up with the same 'FF Whatever' pre-rendered CGI guff can go hang.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    So are people actually looking forwards to E3?

Valve.

Whether they drop the Steambox or not, they're easily one of the best gaming brands in the world, but they've announced fuck all in the past year...

I hope that means what I think it means, because if they have a brass E3, Steam might remain in high esteem, but their dev arm will look a bit mincey...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Are Valve even going to be there? They've ignored E3 for a while.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Can the times be put into the only time that has any importance, Blighty time. Thanks.

Also as much as I want to see games, games and more games I also want to see Microsoft give us a personal apology for making this place nearly implode and then clarify everything we have discussed. I'm guessing that we still won't know everything even after E3 and this applies to the games as well...

Oh, one more thing, I want to hear news of a next gen, particley (that's the new shiny) SWAT game.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck you and your blighty time.
  • Kind of a pain in the arse, but I used this converter

9:30 am PDT = 5:30pm BST
    1pm PDT = 9pm BST
    3pm PDT = 11pm BST
    6pm PDT = 2am BST (UK would be on the 11th)
    7am PDT = 3pm BST
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Last Guardian for PS4 or bust.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Kind of a pain in the arse, but I used this converter 9:30 am PDT = 5:30pm BST 1pm PDT = 9pm BST 3pm PDT = 11pm BST 6pm PDT = 2am BST (UK would be on the 11th) 7am PDT = 3pm BST

I just counted them, and I got the same times, but have put them in an easily cut and pastable format which keeps the originals:

E3 IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Microsoft - Monday, June 10th @ 9:30AM PT - 5:30PM UK
    EA - Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT - 9PM UK
    Ubisoft - Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT - 11PM UK
    Sony - Monday, June 10th @ 6PM PT - Tuesday, June 11th, 2AM UK
    Nintendo Direct - Tuesday June 11 @ - 7AM PT 3PM UK
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Also as much as I want to see games, games and more games I also want to see Microsoft give us a personal apology for making this place nearly implode and then clarify everything we have discussed. I'm guessing that we still won't know everything even after E3 and this applies to the games as well...
    It's too early to find out a lot of the details about how these things will work. Some of them probably aren't even finalised yet. I don't see things being massively clearer after E3.

Personally I think I'm looking forward to it finishing so I can read a nice summary of everything announced.
  • Sony at 2 a.m? Damn. Still MS at 5.30 is good.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I think it's also the case that MS will leave things fuzzy with how certain aspects will work as they don't have a great deal of time, and 'How it does this' aren't things that investors want to hear.
    Expect announcements and something 'MEGATON', but don't expect concrete details. These will most likely be drip fed between E3 and launch.
‹ Previous123456790

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!