‹ Previous1234
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    There's a moment in Tomb Raider where you drop into a room full of armed psuedo-religious nutjobs and instead of going in for the rape/kill straight away, they collectively panic and one tries shouting a proposition at Lara from behind cover to work together for the moment to take on the bigger threat of what's breaking down doors and rape/killing men.

There's no change to a cutscene format, no button prompts, just him talking. It came out of nowhere and delighted me for a few seconds before the other nutjobs pull nutjob rank and tell him he's an idiot before another spat of combat begins.

Point is this never happens again. Rest of the game i'm plugging arrows into eyesockets King Harold style and it's just a slaughter. The combat in Tomb Raider is great in itself; it's slick and tight and all other manner of sexual innuendos but as a gamer i'm getting depressed with it. Really depressed. It's going beyond needing context for the slaughter. I just don't want to kill people anymore. I want to let people live or have the option to at least try and do so.

tldr I want dynamic combat that accounts for surrender and AI having strong self preservation. I Am Alive tried this and largely cocked it up.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It sounds like you might enjoy The Last of Us, you can stealth most levels apparently...
  • Totally agree. Its about time this was included. It would probably take additional programming work though...
    So no chance.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I've got that on order. :D
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think its just about being able to avoid combat by avoiding being seen. I'm with you you on this bollockoff, I would love to put 50 rounds from a machine gun into and over the cover of a cowering enemy for him to realise he has no chance, throw his gun towards me and basically surrender. That would be cool.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've got that on order. :D
    Some levels are supposed to be quite hard to stealth mind! There is also the chance to get people to surrender but I think it inevitably ends with you still killing them.

If you could choose either way I think that given the scenario irl I would still kill them, last thing I'd want is somebody holding a grudge that could do me harm at a later date.
  • It would be nice to have surrendering enemies, kill them and you lose points.

Later in the game they could start tricking you by surrendering and pulling out a knife or summin.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Didn't one of the SWATs essentially nail this? 3? Bloody brilliant game.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I haven't been watching that closely, but I think it might be possible to do Metro Last Light without killing anyone.
  • Payday 2 is meant to have more options to complete levels without them turning into a shooting gallery.  The best level in the first one was Mercy Hospital and trying to get as far as possible without setting off the alarm.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    Didn't one of the SWATs essentially nail this? 3? Bloody brilliant game.
    SWAT 4, one of my most favourite games of all time.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I stand, stacked up with flash bang in hand, corrected. ;)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    I stand, stacked up with flash bang in hand, corrected. ;)
    Pump your brakes, it may have happened in 3 as well but I never played that...

Actually saying that SWAT 4 could be right up Bollockoff's street. If I could cast a vote for a remake of any game it would be this.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ah ha. Both then perhaps. I know I played one of them, thought it was 3; certainly not certain. 

Anyhow; the point stands. Great game with the feature discussed.

Pump your brakes?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    As in, whoa, steady up. You may not be wrong. :)
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ah ha once again. It's a new one on me. I like it. *notes down.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    SWAT 3 was the slightly futuristic one wasn't it? I remember they had funky looking biker helmets anyway. Played SWAT 4 loads when I got it but my loadouts never seemed to be anything other than pepper ball guns making entire rooms cloudy while I spam the ON YOUR KNEES key. I remember the mission where you go into some psycho's basement. That was good.

Props to any game that allows you to use doorstops to ruin someones day.

Nexx wrote:
    Payday 2 is meant to have more options to complete levels without them turning into a shooting gallery.  The best level in the first one was Mercy Hospital and trying to get as far as possible without setting off the alarm.

Was it with you I managed the stealth playthrough of that? Infinitely more fun than guns blazing. Bloody tense as hell.
  • You went into a psycho's basement, shouted ON YOUR KNEES, and showed him your balls?

this is living

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm hoping that next gen puts more effort into dynamic AI and all that jazz, making for more interesting takes on the various genres. I'm doubtful it'll happen, mind.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    More jazz.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Chief wrote:
    I'm hoping that next gen puts more effort into dynamic AI...
    Not wanting to bang on but again this is something that The Last of... I'm banging on aren't I!
  • Man has been inflicting death upon man for centuries, either learn to love it or by jiminy I'll come round and murder thee... or play more Katamari.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    this is basicly the reason i like watching 'frankie on pc in 1080' and 'jack frags' on dayz.
    they basicly go round helping new players (bambis) as they work towards whatever they have set out to do.
    they will stop and use comms to tell folks 'im behind you, dont turn around or il shoot, drop your weapon and stand so i can see you dont have a side arm, then come to me'.
    they say or do all this then tell them they can have this sniper/nvg/vehicle/etc. 
    theyll even bandage and bloodbag them or whatever they need.

sometimes the other players are too dumb though so there forced to shoot them to kill or just knock them out...were upon they'll bandage them again and warn them not to be stupid or they'll just kill them.

i sure hope dayz standalone makes it to next gen, it seems like my perfect game.
    proboubly spent more time watching these 2 on it than actually playing anything lately.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I've never watched one of these streams but I can definitely see how DayZ would be more fun to watch than to play.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    if i could afford to play it i defo would.

• Play Journey Bolockoff.......... no killing all beauty and wonder. 

Deus Ex HR can be done without killing 95% of the time too. Great game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Journey is alright. The fact it's forced cooperation flaws it as a concept I think.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Journey is alright. The fact it's forced cooperation flaws it as a concept I think.

play it offline.

• This is one of my main reasons for loving metal gear solid 3. A no kill play through is possible and rewarded with some great tactical gameplay options.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Isn't it possible to finish all the Metal Gear Solid games without killing anyone?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I beat FIFA without killing anyone b
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!